Trivia games are a fun way to improve your child’s knowledge and teach them about various topics. Food trivia can be a great tool to test children’s knowledge about the different types of foods, the nutrients found in them, encourage healthy eating and international cuisines.
If your child is a foodie, they will be all the more excited to play this game. If not, the exposure to this fascinating information about food might even make an unwilling child interested in eating as well as cooking.
Check out this interesting list of 100+ food trivia questions for kids that will hold their interest and satiate their curious minds.
100+ Fascinating Food Trivia Questions And Answers For Kids
- What gives oranges and carrots their orange color?
- Milk is majorly composed of which protein?
- Who is the founder of KFC?
Answer: Harland David Sanders, commonly known as Colonel of Kentucky
- Which fruit has the highest protein content?
- What are dried grapes called?
Answer: Raisins, sultanas, currants
- Which mineral responsible for red blood cell formation is found in Spinach?
- What part of the plant, when developed, is classified as a fruit?
- Which is the only fruit with seeds on the outer skin?
- Orange is a rich source of which vitamin?
Answer: Vitamin C
- What part of the plant is a potato?
- What do you call a person who does not eat meat but eats fish?
- Rice is mainly composed of which nutrient?
- What are the three macronutrients essential for good health?
Answer: Fat, carbohydrate, and protein
- What ingredient in fruit makes it sweet?
- What is eggshell primarily made up of?
Answer: Calcium carbonate
- Which fruit is banned across all types of public transport in Singapore because of its unpleasant odor?
- French Fries originated from which country?
- Which country is the largest producer of chili peppers in the world?
- Pork is the meat of which animal?
Answer: Domestic Pig
- Pizza and pasta originated from which country?
- After eating which poisoned fruit did Snow White fall into a deep sleep?
- What is the full form of PBJ sandwich?
Answer: Peanut Butter and Jelly
- What is the main ingredient in cotton candy?
- What is one of the most popular Japanese dishes?
- What happens if you put old eggs in cold water?
Answer: They float
- What is a dried plum called?
- Which acid is present in curd?
Answer: Lactic acid
- Which food item does Popeye consume to gain strength?
- What do you call the seed of the cacao tree that is used for making chocolates?
Answer: Cocoa beans
- Which country consumes the most tea per person?
- Which fruit has a hard exterior and milk inside it?
- What do you call a person who doesn’t eat any animal-based products?
- What type of food is referred to by the acronym BLT?
Answer: Bacon, lettuce, and tomato sandwich
- is the fatty acid found in many fish that is important for optimal health?
Answer: Omega 3 fatty acid
- What is the sticky substance that bees make? It is sweet.
- Which is the most commonly consumed vegetable in the world?
- Lady’s finger is another name for which vegetable?
- Which fruit inspired Sir Isaac Newton to discover the law of gravity?
- What are the equal-length sticks used by East Asians for eating called?
- What is baked in a bundt pan?
Answer: A bundt cake
- How many calories are present in each gram of carbohydrate?
Answer: Four calories
- Venison is the meat of which animal?
- What in our blood lowers due to the consumption of garlic? This prevents one from getting heart disease
- Which country consumes the most chocolate per person each year?
- What is the term for fear of food?
- What is Burger King called in Australia?
Answer: Hungry Jack’s
- What is the name of the melon that is green inside?
Answer: Honeydew melon
- The word “coffee” is derived from which language?
- Which country is the largest producer of Coffee?
- Which is the most popular pizza topping in the US?
- Which country is the world’s largest producer of bananas?
- What is the name of the person who made the first milk chocolate?
Answer: Daniel Peter
- Which is the first company in history to deliver pizza in outer space?
Answer: Pizza Hut
- In which country was the largest pizza in the world made?
- Which is the first food consumed in space?
- Which is the first vegetable to be planted in space?
- Burritos originated from which country?
- What chemical gives garlic its pungent smell?
- What is eggplant called in the U.K?
- What type of food is Bratwurst?
Answer: German Sausage
- What is the mushroom capital of the world?
Answer: Kennett Square, Pennsylvania
- What makes Jelly beans shiny?
- What is ketchup called in Australia?
Answer: Tomato sauce
- Which is the most popular type of pasta?
- Kiwifruit originated from which country?
- Which religion prohibits the consumption of beef?
- Which Japanese delicacy has poison in it?
- Baked beans are made from which kind of beans?
Answer: Haricot beans
- What do you call the rendered fat from pig abdomen used in cooking?
- Paisley fabric pattern is inspired by the shape of which fruit?
- What type of food is Gnocchi?
Answer: Italian pasta
- What percent of cucumber is water?
- Processed cheese originated from which country?
- Bird’s nest soup is a delicacy in which cuisine?
- German chocolate cake originated from which country?
Answer: United States
- Tangerine and Clementine are hybrids of which fruit?
Answer: Mandarin orange
- The burning sensation after eating pepper is due to which chemical?
Answer: Capsaicin in chilli peppers and peperine in black pepper
- What type of turnover is filled with pizza ingredients?
- What is the world’s largest ice cream company?
- What is the British term for potato chips?
- Shepherd’s pie originated from which country?
Answer: United Kingdom
- La Tomatina festival, in which participants indulge in tomato fight, is held in which country?
- Which is the most popular ice cream flavor globally?
- Which is the main ingredient in the French delicacy caviar?
Answer: Roe (unfertilized fish eggs)
- Which vegetable contains more protein per calorie than steak?
- Love apple is another name for?
- Which country is the largest producer of olives in the world?
- What is the term for a firm but tender pasta?
- Granny Smith is a variety of which fruit?
- Which brown confection is prepared by heating sugar?
- Shortbread is a traditional biscuit of which country?
- Which nut is traditionally used to make French macarons?
- Nectarine is a variety of which fruit?
- What is the name for the green cooking banana?
- What is another name for Chinese gooseberry?
- What kind of fruit is Eureka?
- What do you call the fruit of a coffee plant?
- What is the name of the world’s hottest chili pepper?
Answer: Carolina Reaper
- What is the name of America’s first fast-food chain?
Answer: White Castle
- Feta, Gouda, and Cheddar are the types of which dairy product?
- Which is the world’s most commonly used artificial sweetener?
- The famous American food “Hamburger” derives its name from which German city?
- What is the most popular soup flavor in the UK?
- For good luck, the Christmas cake pudding mixture is supposed to be stirred in which direction?
- Which pasta name means “little worms” in English?
- The Middle Eastern dish hummus is made from which key ingredient?
There is so much to learn about the food we consume every day. We hope both you and your child were entertained and stimulated by this comprehensive list of food trivia questions for kids.
- Activities To Develop Effective Listening Skills In Children
- Easy Disney Trivia Questions And Answers For Kids
- Easy Trivia Questions And Answers For Kids
- Basic GK Questions And Answers For Kids