Firstly we’d like to congratulate you on the arrival of your little girl! You must probably feel like you are on top of the world now that you are blessed with a baby girl. While thinking what to name your darling baby, you should definitely consider foregin names for baby girls. While you might have relatives and friends who are constantly filling up your mind with ideas, the decision on what to name her is ultimately yours. Naming your child something exotic and foreign will definitely help her stand out in a crowd. Go through our article to see a list of beautiful and unique foreign girl names from around the world.
Why Choose A Foreign Name For Your Girl?
If you are tired of listening to the common names, it is natural to crave for something that is unheard of. A great way to add something different in your little girl’s life is by giving her a foreign name.
- Foreign names come across as very unique and exotic in a culture that is full of similar names.
- It will also be an opportunity for you to learn about different cultures across the globe.
Top 10 Foreign Names For Girls:
Here is the top 10 list of foreign names for girls. Going through this shall surely help you make the right choice. We hope this will make the name selection process less cumbersome for you beautiful mommies.
Apolloniawas the feminine version of the Greek Sun God.
- The name has an exotic and elegant touch to it.
- It was the name of a famous Christian martyr back in the 3rd century.
This name means “bringing joy.”
- The name is Spanish in origin.
- It has often been used in countries like Brazil, France and Rome.
- Each country pronounces the name differently.
The name means “tune.”
- The name is Hebrew in origin.
- Not only does this sound beautiful to the ears, it also happens to be one of the rare names heard so far.
This name means “name of a flower.”
- The name is Scandinavian in origin.
- It was named after Carolus Linnaeus, the famous Swedish botanist who loved the flower the most.
The next name means “unfading.”
- The name is Greek in origin.
- It is found in numerous cultures and has been derived from the verb Amarakh which means restful or peaceful.
Though it means “a type of duck.”, this name is quite popular due to its melodious sound.
- The name is ancient Greek in origin.
- It was used occasionally as an English-given name in the 16th century.
It means “pledge” or “hostage.”
- The name is German in origin.
- It was popular in France during the middle ages and became an English-spoken word by the 20th century.
This biblical name means “has heard”.
- The name is French in origin and is pronounced as “Zho-zay-Feen.”
- The name has been associated with the feminine form of Joseph.
The meaning of this exotic-sounding name is “shining.”
- This name is Greek in origin but is often used in Russia.
- Greek legends say it was one of the names of Graces.
This elegant-sounding name means “will add”
- The name is the feminine form of Simon.
- It was also the name of a famous French feminist and philosopher named Simone de Beauvoir.
Naming your child is one of the most responsible things you do as a parent. The name you give to your child will stay with them forever. Parents may consider their religion, culture, other family names, and meaning before deciding on a name for their little one. Some parents may consider giving a foreign name to their child in the memory of a place they are connected to or that is close to their heart. These unique names will help your child stand out from the rest.