Friendship is one of those priceless relationships one can have. When you form a bond of friendship, you want to keep it strong for life. So remind your friend of the love and understanding your share through some thoughtful and heart-touching friendship quotes. Friendship needs mutual love, compassion, companionship, support, and understanding. If you want to make your amazing friend feel special by thanking them for being true friends through the highs and lows, these beautiful quotes may help you convey your message. Read on for a list of funny and cute friendship quotes to send to your friends.
151 Quotes About Friendship
Friends are the shining stars, the blooming flowers in your garden of life, and the soothing balms for your soul. Love them, hold them close, and make sure to let them know how much you appreciate each moment with them. Here are some quotes that you could share with your best friend.
- A friend is someone who always accepts you.
- “True friends are always together in spirit.” —L.M. Montgomery
- Friendship is like the universe, never-ending.
- A good friendship is one that makes the soul happy.
- “Be a rainbow in someone else’s cloud.” – Maya Angelou
- A true achievement in life is having good friends.
- “Time doesn’t take away from friendship, nor does separation.” —Tennessee Williams
- “Friends are the siblings God never gave us.” —Mencius
- Make friends with people who uplift you.
- “A true friend never gets in your way unless you happen to be going down.” —Arnold H. Glasgow
- Friendship is like a large tree, offering shelter from the storm.
- “Find a group of people who challenge and inspire you; spend a lot of time with them, and it will change your life.” —Amy Poehler
- Friendship is a salve for all wounds.
- “A sweet friendship refreshes the soul.” —Proverbs 27:9
- “One of the most beautiful qualities of true friendship is to understand and to be understood.” —Lucius Annaeus Seneca
- “The great thing about new friends is that they bring new energy to your soul.” —Shanna Rodriguez
Funny Quotes About Friendship
Friends, by default, are funny and mischievous. Sometimes, they leave no stone unturned in making you laugh. Childhood friends or college friends, these people are our lifelines. Show them you love them with these quotes.
- A best friend is like a chocolate chip in a cookie.
- For my best friend, I would swim the oceans (even if I can’t swim!).
- A true friend is like a ghost, always around.
- Best friends know all your embarrassing secrets but love you anyway.
- Best friends are those who have seen you right after you woke up in the morning.
- If I didn’t have you as my best friend, who would I endlessly gossip with?
- “Friendship is like money, easier made than kept.” —Samuel Butler
- Doing nothing with my best friend is how I spend my holidays.
- “True friends don’t judge each other, they judge other people together.” —Emilie Saint-Genis
- Honest friends will tell you things you don’t want to hear.
- “Friendship is a wildly underrated medication.” —Anna Deavere Smith
- Best friends love you at your worst and tolerate you at your best.
- Good friends buy you meals, but best friends make you cook their meals.
- A best friend is one who’s exactly like you, just in a different body.
- Unexpected friendships are the best kind of friendships.
- A best friend is the one who finishes all your jokes.
- “‘Tis the privilege of friendship to talk nonsense, and to have her nonsense respected.” —Charles Lamb
True Friendship Quotes
These true friendship quotes will remind you of your special friends. So, take a peek and send your favorite ones to your best friends, reminding them of how much they mean to you.
- True friendship always offers a silver lining.
- A good friend is the light you need to navigate the darkness.
- It’s not that diamonds are a girl’s best friend, but it’s your best friends who are your diamonds. —Gina Barreca.
- “Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart.” —Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Fake friends are like shadows: always near you at your brightest moments, but nowhere to be seen at your darkest hour. True friends are like stars, you don’t always see them but they are always there.” —Habeeb Akande
- “It’s the friends you can call up at 4 a.m. that matter.” —Marlene Dietrich
- You can get true friends only by being a true friend.
- A true friend is always ready to cheer you on.
- “You know a real friend? Someone you know will look after your cat after you are gone.” —William S. Burroughs
- Friends are the family you choose.
- True friendship weathers all storms.
- True friendship is when even if you are apart, your roots are always tangled.
- “Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It’s not something you learn in school. But if you haven’t learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven’t learned anything.” —Muhammad Ali
- A loyal friend is better than chocolate.
- “Don’t walk behind me; I may not lead. Don’t walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.” —Albert Camus
- A friend is always ready to hold your hand, even when it is covered in dirt.
- A good friend is the bridge between your past and future.
- True friends always laugh at each other, never behind each other.
Short Friendship Quote
When you want to use minimal words to convey maximum emotions, these short quotes about friendship will be perfect for sending to your friend. Not everyone has the privilege of friendship in life, but those who do, know the true meaning and value of this sacred bond.
- Friends are those you never want to leave, even at 2 am.
- “To the world you may be just one person, but to one person you may be the world.” — Seuss
- You will never forget a good friend.
- True friendship is rarer than true love.
- The world seems less scary with friends.
- Friendship is when you are weird together.
- Friendship is when you’re not embarrassed to like cheesy stuff.
- A good friend will always analyze your love life.
- “Don’t make friends who are comfortable to be with. Make friends who will force you to lever yourself up.” —Thomas J. Watson
- Friends motivate you to take risks.
- A good friend will always push you to be the best version of yourself.
- The love of a friend is extraordinary.
- No riches compare to having a forever best friend.
- “Women’s friendships are like a renewable source of power.” —Jane Fonda
Quotes About A Good Friend
A good friend is the light at the end of the tunnel. Send these quotes about good friends to your friends to make their day a little brighter.
- A good friend is like a shooting star, one in a million.
- “There is nothing I would not do for those who are really my friends. I have no notion of loving people by halves, it is not my nature.” —Jane Austen
- Make friends slowly, but when you do, go all in.
- You can reach your goals with your best friend supporting you.
- A good friend is always ready to hold your hand, come heaven or hell.
- “We are your friends. It is the law of friendship that you tell us things you don’t want to tell us.” —J. Lynn
- There is nothing one wouldn’t do for a true friend.
- “Friendship isn’t a big thing—it’s a million little things.” —Paulo Coelho
- Friendship is hard to explain but easy to understand if you have it.
- Let your friendship bloom like a lily in a pond.
- “Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born.”—Anais Nin
- Good friends come home and head straight to the kitchen.
- “My best friend is the one who brings out the best in me.” —Henry Ford
- Friends are the torch you need in the jungle of life.
- A good friend always knows how to cheer you up.
- “Without friends, no one would want to live, even if he had all other goods.” —Aristotle
- A good friendship can make all the difference in your life.
- Friends help navigate hurdles, they don’t become one.
Friends Forever Quotes
Friendship is a bond of a lifetime, and true friendship is hard to find and harder to maintain.
So, make sure you remind your friends how much you love them.
- “A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.” —Walter Winchell.
- A good friend is loyal, honest and courageous.
- A friend with chocolate is the only thing better than your friend.
- Friends walk in, even if the rest of the world is on their way out of your life.
- Friendship becomes forever when the silence between friends is comforting.
- Friendship is more about understanding than speaking.
- “Friends…they cherish one another’s hopes. They are kind to one another’s dreams.” —Henry David Thoreau
- Only a forever friend will ask questions and wait for your answer.
- Friendship is a bond that transcends geography.
- A forever friendship is a sacred thread tied between two souls.
- What is a friendship if not a mix of love, laughter, pranks, and arguments?
- Let friendship be the fireworks of your life.
- Friendship is more about listening than about talking.
- “There is nothing on this earth more to be prized than true friendship.” —Thomas Aquinas
- Friends are the true blessings from God.
- “Some people go to priests. Others to poetry. I to my friends.” —Virginia Woolf
- Friendship improves happiness, and abates misery, by doubling our joys, and dividing our grief. —Marcus Tullius Cicero
- Best friends know all your secrets, even the ones you don’t tell them.
- Best friends are the siblings who make your life fun.
- “A friend is one of the nicest things you can have, and one of the best things you can be.” —Douglas Pagels
I Miss My Best Friend Quotes
Best friends aren’t always together, but that doesn’t diminish their friendship. These beautiful quotes about friendship are a great way to remind them that you still love them, no matter where they are or what they do.
- With best friends, even silence makes sense.
- A good friend understands your silence.
- A good friend rejoices in your joys, and suffers in your pain.
- “Truly great friends are hard to find, difficult to leave, and impossible to forget.” —G. Randolf
- Friends are like gardeners, they make us beautiful.
- Without a best friend, life is like an anchorless boat.
- My best friend knew me the moment they met me.
- Friendship is the highest form of sharing.
- “Friendship is the wine of life.” —Edward Young
- A best friend is always ready to take you back to the light.
- The darkness in you never bothers a best friend.
- “The greatest gift in life] is the gift of friendship, and I have received it; the greatest healing therapy is friendship.” —Hubert Humphrey
- Friends are everywhere, but best friends are quite rare.
- “True friends are like diamonds—bright, beautiful, valuable, and always in style.” —Nicole Richie
- It is truly a life well-lived if you have two best friends instead of 100 just friends.
- Best friends are those willing to sacrifice for their friendship.
- A best friend will see your pain before you feel it.
- “Anything is possible when you have the right people there to support you.” —Misty Copeland
- “The essence of true friendship is to make allowance for another’s little lapses.” —David Storey
- A best friend will laugh at your mistakes and then cheer you up.
- “The love that comes from friendship is the underlying facet of a happy life.” —Chelsea Handler
Longtime Friend Quote
Friends who’ve been around for a lifetime know you inside and out. They know your deepest secrets and biggest fears. So, for those friends who have been with you since time immemorial, these quotes are a perfect way to make them smile.
- Long-time friends grow together; they don’t grow apart.
- A lifetime of friendship requires no immediate answers to important questions.
- “A friend knows the song in my heart and sings it to me when my memory fails.” —Donna Roberts
- Good friends are like rare gems, hard to find.
- “It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Friends don’t spy; true friendship is about privacy, too.” —Stephen King
- A true friendship is an investment of time, effort, and love.
- Unreal friendship may turn to reality. But real friendship, once ended, cannot be mended.
- “One friend with whom you have a lot in common is better than three with whom you struggle to find things to talk about.” —Mindy Kaling
- “When the world is so complicated, the simple gift of friendship is within all of our hands.” —Maria Shriver
- A best friend energizes your soul.
- “A friend is someone who makes it easy to believe in yourself.” —Heidi Wills
- Friends are the family you choose.
- It is not about how long you know a friend, by how deeply you know them.
- Time passes by, but a true friendship always perseveres.
- “What do you value most in your friends? Their continued existence.” —Christopher Hitchens
- “If you want to find out who your real friends are, sink the ship. The first ones to jump aren’t your friends.” —Marilyn Manson
- A true friend is always around to catch your tears.
- Best friends are always on their way to find a new adventure.
- “A single rose can be my garden…a single friend, my world.” —Leo Buscaglia
- The laughter in friendship is the loudest of all.
- “Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, ‘What! You too? I thought I was the only one.” —C.S. Lewis
- “No friendship is an accident.” —O. Henry
- “Two things you will never have to chase: True friends and true love.” —Mandy Hale
- My best friends are the sprinkles in my life’s ice cream sundae.
- A best friend makes you want to do the things that scare you the most.
- “Friendship, said Christopher Robin, is a very comforting thing to have.” —A.A. Milne
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the symbol of friendship?
In the modern world, friendship is often symbolized by two interlocking hearts. However, throughout history, it has been symbolized by different things such as friendship bracelets, tattoos, topaz, and dolphins. Different cultures also represent it in different ways; for example, the Greeks use a meander or the Greek key to represent friendship.
2. What is the value of friendship?
True friendship has been known to be one of the most blissful relationships. A good friend allows you to be your true self. They support and guard you. They also help you realize your true purpose in life. They may be one of the reasons for your happiness and joy. Being with a true friend enhances your personality and makes your life more meaningful and worthwhile.
3. Which color symbolizes friendship?
The color yellow represents friendship, symbolizing a bright and lively relationship.
4. What flower represents friendship?
Yellow roses represent friendship. They symbolize happiness and new beginnings. So, give your friends yellow roses and brighten up their day.
Friendship is one of the most precious and valued relationships in the world. One good friend can change one’s life in ways one cannot imagine. Appreciating a good friend is necessary. These beautiful, heartfelt friendship quotes will help you express your emotions in words. You can use them as an Instagram caption on a beautiful photo of you and your friends, as a text message, or as a message on a gift that you buy for them. These quotes can also be used as a starting point and then tweaked to suit your style.
Infographic: Tips To Maintain Friendships
Good friends can improve your life and make it more meaningful and fun. So, if you have a bunch of good friends, leave no stone unturned to keep the friendship. Check out the infographic for some tips for maintaining relationships with good friends.
View Profile ›