By the age of 5, children usually start to demonstrate fine and gross motor skills and articulate feelings more meaningfully. The games that children play and the toys they play with can help contribute to their growth.
Buying or choosing the best gifts for 5-year-old girls is in no way easy because girls of this age may not be easy to impress. But do not worry — MomJunction is here with a list of some of the best gifts for 5 year old girls. These are some of the gifts you may consider.
32 Best Gifts For 5 Year Old Girls In 2021
Gift options for girls are not limited to soft toys or dolls. You can gift them anything that would have their interest.
If you have the notion that construction play sets are only for boys, you are completely wrong. This toy set with magnetic blocks is for girls who enjoy building structures and dream of becoming engineers.
- Made of non-toxic and durable ABS plastic
- Comes with round edges, making it safe for girls
- The magnets enable the structures to stay firm, so girls can create any shape of their choice
- Comes with an idea booklet
- The magnetic tiles are too thin
Shop Related Products:
Kids often dream of having unlimited access to their favorite food. And little girls love ice-cream, don’t they? Imagine how much fun playing with an ice-cream cart can be for them. They may not be able to eat the ice-cream but can certainly enjoy playing with it.
- Comes with colorful ice-cream scoops and toppings
- Helps build memory and sequencing skills
- Helps inculcate a love of cooking
- Introduces colors, flavors, and numbers
- Develops gross motor skills
- Audio quality seems poor
- Cart may not be firm and sturdy and tends to tip over
Shop Related Products:
Playing with this Unicorn Slime Kit makes your kid imaginative, builds hand-eye coordination and motor skills. The set includes foam balls and glitters as add-ons which can be mixed with slime to provide different visual effects. You can make this non-toxic slime glow in the dark.
- Includes 53 pieces
- Comes with a storage container
- Attractive bright colors
- ASTM-certified slime
- The glue may be a bit dry
Little girls can be extremely particular about every item they wear, including bathrobes. This soft, fashionable, and comfy bathrobe can make a great gift for the fashionable little girl.
- Available in a variety of colors, designs, and sizes
- The premium polyester material used is safe for sensitive skin
- Extremely soft on skin
- Finding the perfect size can be a problem
- Rips at the seams too easily
Shop Related Products:
If your daughter shows interest in cooking, you can get her a cooking set of her own. This attractive cooking set comes with cutleries and accessories that little girls love to play with.
- The chef’s hat and pink polka-dotted apron are designed especially for girls
- The hat and apron are machine washable
- Comes with a cookbook containing easy recipes for kids
- Encourages little girls to take an interest in cooking
- The cutleries may be made of cheap material
- Utensils come smaller than those shown in the image
Shop Related Products:
This jewelry box cum music box is one of the prettiest gifts on our list. It is the perfect gift for girls who enjoy dancing and collecting jewelry pieces.
- Sturdy box made of stainless steel
- Girls learn to organize their tiny accessories in this beautiful box
- Helps improve memory
- The box comes with a unicorn necklace and bracelet
- The unicorn rotates to the sweet ‘Somewhere over the Rainbow’ tune
- The music box is likely to malfunction easily
- The necklace and bracelet break easily
Shop Related Products:
Girls love playing with accessories. Some even possess the skill of mixing and matching different things to create a whole new accessory. This bead bouquet toy is most suitable for girls who love to design and decorate.
- Comes with 220 beads and 8 cords
- The set includes a sturdy wooden tray to store beads
- Promotes hand-eye coordination, and fine motor and cognitive skills
- Keeps kids occupied for long durations
- Thread frays easily
- The wooden box does not come with a lid
If your girl loves to draw or sketch, consider gifting her a set of stencils to hone her drawing skills. This durable set of stencils is easy to use and clean.
- Made of safe, non-toxic, and BPA-free plastic
- Helps ignite little girls’ imagination to create anything
- The stencils are washable
- Includes papers, color pencils, sharpener, and a 3-color pen
- Some stencils may come bent, making it difficult for use on paper
- Certain shapes are too small to use
Your little princess can now design her own wand. This set contains all the accessories required to make a beautiful sparkling wand.
- Comes with a child-safe, shatter-proof mirror
- Helps improve motor skills and promotes creativity
- Sturdy and durable
- The paint is easily washable
- Sticking the stones to the wand is not easy
- The paintbrush may not be of the best quality
When you are unclear about what to gift a little girl, take the most trusted route and buy her a pretty Barbie. A Barbie doll is one of the most common gifts for little girls, and you can seldom go wrong with it. This career-themed Barbie is a farmer doll who loves looking after her chickens in the farm.
- The career-themed Barbie promotes the importance of having an ambition
- Comes with shelves to place tiny chickens
- Shelves contain tiny nests for little chicks
- Some buyers may not feel satisfied with the quality of the doll
Some geeky little girls may not be fond of playing with toys and be more interested in gathering knowledge. If your pretty little girl loves reading, she might just love this book. It contains colorful pictures and trivia that kids will love to learn.
- Contains stickers and activities
- Filled with interesting mazes, quizzes, and games
- Informative and fun to read
- Stickers may not stick well to the pages
Riding a scooter is always a hit among girls. This scooter comes with a seat in case your little princess feels tired of standing and riding.
- Comes with a detachable seat so your girl can either sit or scoot on it
- The handlebar has four adjustable options to suit the rider
- Helps kids develop balance and coordination
- Available in a large variety of colors
- A few buyers have complained about the handles coming off easily
- The brakes break off easily
If your artistic girl has a habit of scribbling on the walls, break that habit by giving her these mini notes. Now, you do not have to worry about repainting your walls because your naughty girl has a better platform where she can show off her artistic skills.
- Includes 125 mini notes and wooden stylus
- Useful for creating different patterns
- Can be used as gift tags or even post-it notes
- Lacks variety in terms of background colors
- Scratching the black paper can create a mess
Why not gift a really cute and adorable doll to your little one? This cute doll, with her adorable smile and lovely golden locks, can become your girl’s best friend.
- Her silky soft hair can be combed and styled
- She wears a cute ladybug-designed dress and shoes
- Easy to clean and dress
- A few buyers found the doll overpriced
- Some buyers felt that the doll’s hair came off easily
Sometimes, little girls struggle with low confidence. If your daughter faces such an issue, you can help her overcome it by gifting her this book. This coloring book is created for little girls who need motivation and a boost of confidence.
- Contains drawings on topics such as bravery, beauty, and strength
- Includes illustrations of flowers, birds, shapes, stars, and so on
- Contains an inspirational message on each page
- Many buyers felt the book contained less number of pages
If your sweet little doll often insists on wearing your rings, buy her an entire set of these beautiful rings that come with a ring holder.
- The rings are studded with gems of different colors and shapes
- The sizes are adjustable
- Made of skin-friendly acrylic and metal
- The storage box helps keep rings safely in one place
- Can become a choking hazard if not handled carefully
- Gems tend to fall off easily
This is a real value for money because it is not only a toy but also an accessory. Your girl can create a new necklace every day and wear it too. It is easy to make and easy to wear.
- Mix and match colorful beads through silicone necklaces
- Comes in a plastic carry case for easy storage
- Promotes creativity and helps the child understand patterns
- The ends of the necklace disintegrate too easily
- Can become a choking hazard for small kids
Playing cards are unconventional but fun gift choices for a 5-year-old-girl. This looks like a regular deck of cards but is a fun game designed for kids. It can also be played and enjoyed by adults.
- This multiple-player game teaches kids how to hold and play cards
- It helps promote family games
- It enhances social interaction skills
- Easy to hold for little girls with tiny hands
- Cards are too thin unlike real playing cards
When you cannot get your girl a real pet, get her a pet-like unicorn that dances and makes sounds like a real animal.
- The interactive unicorn plays music and dances to it
- Its horn lights up in multicolor lights
- Its hair can be combed using the custom-made brush
- It is fond of eating cupcakes that are included in the package
- Can be boring for kids since it only dances and makes no other movements
Your cute little unicorn loving daughter can enjoy the company of more unicorns with this unicorn gift set. This three-piece gift set is ideal for girls who love unicorns.
- Contains a book, soft toy, and head band
- The book has rhyming stories
- The plush unicorn toy has a luxurious and soft fur
- The adjustable head band easily fits little girls
- The size of the unicorn is rather small
- Some packages come with missing components
If your girl shows signs of becoming a fashion designer, you might consider encouraging her to hone her designing skills. This headband craft kit allows your girl to make and wear her own accessories. Little girls can enjoy creating new headbands every day with this craft kit.
- Comes with 10 satin headbands and lots of different accessories
- Accessories include flowers, feathers, butterflies, and ribbons
- Easy to hold with small hands
- Encourages girls to be creative
- Younger girls might find it difficult to work with glue
Organizing tiny jewelry pieces can be tough for a little girl. With this beautiful jewelry box, she can learn to keep her precious jewelry in one place. Also, she may enjoy organizing her jewelry because of the pretty ballerina dancing in the box each time it is opened.
- Attractive design
- The ballerina twirls beautifully to ‘Swan Lake’
- Sturdy build
- The musical box is made of hard cardboard and not metal or wood
Delicately designed watches do not suit little girls who love cool hi-tech watches. These new cool watches show not just time but a lot more information that can blow your mind.
- Includes activities, games, a motion sensor, and several other features
- Captures pictures and videos
- Comes with lithium Ion battery and a micro USB cable
- Can easily be adjusted on tiny wrists
- Lacks durability
- Can get spoilt easily
This pogo stick can make an exciting gift for girls who are active and adventurous. It is an interesting way to get your girl active and healthy instead of spending time in front of the TV or on the couch.
- Created with durable foam, this stick makes a squeaky sound with each jump
- Can be used indoors as well as outdoors as the foam does not scratch the floor
- Comes with a soft and adjustable grip handle
- Helps improve balance, hand–eye coordination, and gross motor skills
- The loud squeaky sound can be annoying
- The handles are not durable and come off easily
For every nature loving girl, there is an awesome binocular that she can take with her to closely observe nature.
- Binoculars come with rubber eyepieces to protect the eyes
- The rubber cover makes it drop-proof
- Its non-slip design provides the perfect grip for tiny hands
- The lens can be adjusted to suit the user
- Available in a variety of attractive colors
- Some buyers felt that the lenses do not focus correctly and cause blurry vision
- The rubber eyepieces may not be durable
Is your girl fascinated by ponies? If yes, she can get one of her own. This is not a regular pony but a beautiful color-changing pony that is a great bathing companion for your girl.
- The water toy changes color when wet
- Comes with a bathrobe, spray bottle, and brush
- Helps lure kids to the bath tub
- Changes color only when dipped in hot water
Which 5-year-old girl does not dream of having a life-sized dollhouse or castle? This royal dollhouse is like no other on this list. This humongous castle style dollhouse comes with lots of rooms and facilities like those of a real mansion.
- Comes with 5 open-spaced rooms to play and decorate
- Includes a glass shoe and pillow to complete the Cinderella story
- Easy to assemble with instructions
- A few buyers found the material fragile
- Dolls may not fully fit into bathtubs and beds
If you want a gift that can get your girl interested in nature and outdoor activities, have a look at this outdoor exploration kit. This cool bag comes with all the important tools your daughter would need on her exploration trip.
- The kit has been created to support STEM learning
- Binoculars come with rubber eyepieces to protect the eyes
- The lightweight flashlight works on hand-cranked function, eliminating the need for batteries
- The magnifying glass helps the child examine plants closely
- A few buyers felt that the exploration items are not durable
- The bag seems to be made of cheap quality material
What do you gift a girl who has a huge collection of Barbies? Simple! A Barbie dream house. And that too not a regular doll house but a smart doll house with audio commands and other features that you find in a real house.
- The 3-storey house comes with seven bedrooms and lots of accessories
- Lights, sounds, and motion at the touch of a button
- Includes a convertible swimming pool
- A few buyers thought the sets were poorly made using cheap materials
- Many buyers faced issues with the working of the elevator
Why should you let your little princess sleep in a plain blanket when there is an option of this beautiful mermaid tail blanket? This pretty mermaid tail blanket is simply perfect for a Christmas gift. It can keep your daughter warm over a cold winter night as she reads her favorite book.
- Available in a variety of colors and sizes
- Easy to snuggle in and out
- The wool is soft and comfortable
- Washable in machine
- Some buyers were not happy with the quality
- The material may have a strong chemical odor
This application-based game can expand your girl’s knowledge with tons of interesting information. All she has to do is hold the application camera on the globe to capture the region she wants to know about and the application quickly gives her all the information about that particular region.
- Compatible with android and iOS devices
- Helps build knowledge and develop linguistic and cognitive skills
- Good option for family or even school games
- A few buyers found the application often being down with technical glitches
- May contain certain misleading information
Is your cutie patootie a gizmo fanatic? If yes, you might want to get her this android tablet. This tablet is like a regular tablet but designed to suit little kids. Your girl can spend hours learning and acquiring knowledge.
- Comes with free Disney storybooks and audio books
- Has a 16GB internal storage memory, which is expandable up to 128GB
- The soft silicone material protects the tablet from drops and slips
- Includes a one-year warranty
- Battery life could be poor
- The processor can be extremely slow
The market is replete creative gifts for five-year-old girls. This curated list includes information on some of the best products we had found online for you. Now you will never have to worry about what gift to buy your little girls — you have plenty of options to choose from. Which of the products did you like the most? Do share your choice with us in the comments section below.
- 15 Best Gifts For 4-Year-Old Girls: Cool Ideas For All Occasions
- Top 10 Minecraft Toys For Kids
- 20 Best Toys For 8, 9 And 10 Year Old Boys
- 15 Best Gifts For 4-Year-Old Boys
- Mamaearth Product Reviews