It’s wonderful to see little girls growing up and their choices changing drastically. They start developing a penchant for everything nice, from their mother’s pretty clothes in the closet to the dazzling ornaments and toys. When choosing the best gifts for 6-year-old girls, pay attention to their tastes and preferences. If you’re lost on what to give to a young girl, we are here to assist you as we have listed some amazing gift ideas for you to choose from.
Our Top Picks
31 Best Toys And Gifts For 6-Year-Old Girls In 2022
Never limit your choices to regular toys when gifting something to a little girl. Instead, look for unique items that will suit the girls’ preference and help her develop specific skills.
1. Best For Encouraging Creativity: Viahart Brain Flakes 500 Piece Interlocking Plastic Disc Set
This kit gives your geeky girl the liberty to build anything. The colorful discs can bring to life whatever structure she imagines. Check out this video to learn more about the product.
- Made of safe polyethylene
- Comes in a reusable plastic jar
- Free of phthalates, lead, heavy metals, and BPA
- Encourages children to be creative and imaginative
- Helps improve coordination and dexterity
- Suitable for single- or multi-player games
- Instructions may be unclear
- Flakes are a bit thin
2. Best For Developing Thinking Skills: ThinkFun Rush Hour Junior Traffic Jam Logic Game
This traffic jam logic game is the junior version of the actual advanced Rush Hour game. The STEM toy compels your girl to think hard and come up with a novel solution each time her ice cream car gets stuck in traffic. Check out this product review video to learn more.
- Contains 40 challenges, ranging from beginner to expert levels
- Toy set includes a traffic grid, an ice cream truck, and 15 blocking vehicles
- Comes with an easy-to-understand instruction manual
- Strengthens logical reasoning and planning skills
- Toy pieces may be smaller than you expect
- Some children may find it pretty basic
3. Best For Developing Fine Motor Skills: Laevo Unicorn Slime Kit
Unicorn Slime Kit includes instant snow, clear glue, soft clay, white glue, activator, deactivator, foam balls, bubble gum, candy scents, and so much more. Add glitter to the slime to make it glow in the dark.
- Has foam balls and pigments in different colors
- Includes a non-toxic slime activator
- Has a perfect texture
- Bright colors
- Easy-to-use packs
- Scents may be overpowering for some
- Some may experience allergic reactions
4. Best For Little Fashionatias: Kahootz Fashion Plates
Made for ages six and up, the Kahootz Fashion Plates set includes 12 fashion plates, 20 sheets of paper, two rubbing crayons, a crayon holder, eight colored pencils, and a drawing table. The set has everything your budding fashionista needs to mix and match and create new outfits and create impressive looks.
- Comes with a fashionable and elegant carrying case
- Idea guide helps children create new outfits
- Features built-in textures
- Meets the ASTM D-4236 safety standards
- Stencil may not rub clean
- Color pencils may be tiny
5. Best For Hand-Eye Coordination: Ivy Step Toy Eggs for Toddlers
Ivy Step Toy Eggs For Toddlers is ideal for individual and interactive play. It builds logical thinking skills, hand-eye coordination, and fine motor skills in children. The patterned shells stimulate young minds, and the eggs help them count numbers from 1 to 12 and match the colors and patterns.
- Eggs are made of plastic
- Storage case is convenient and durable
- Vibrant colors and patterned shells
- Educational toy set
- Connectors may be flimsy
- Lightweight eggs
6. Best For Stimulating Imagination: LEGO Classic Creative Suitcase Building Kit
For girls with an extremely active imagination, this building kit can become an outlet for their creative building skills.
- Building kit contains 213 colorful Lego pieces including wheels, bricks, eyes, and more
- Toy pieces come housed in a bright yellow suitcase with neat compartments
- Comes with easy-to-understand instructions
- Compatible with other Lego toys
- Clasp may seem fragile
- Tiny pieces may pose a choking hazard
7. Best For Encouraging Pretend Play: Melissa & Doug Hair Stylist Role Play Costume Dress-Up Set
Most girls want to be a fairy or a princess at a costume party. But your darling can stand out by donning this hairstylist avatar. She can even go on to play with it after the party.
- Quality fabrics
- Comes with a smock and seven realistic accessories
- Accessories include a hair dryer, a comb, pretend scissors, a headband, and a plastic mirror
- Costume is easily washable in a machine
- Batteries not included
- Blow dryer may not be durable
8. Best Gift With Endless Possibilities: Plus Plus Construction Building Toy
This 600-piece construction kit can help your girl create flowers, cars, sceneries, and anything that she imagines. It is like a magical jigsaw puzzle.
- Can be used to create colorful mosaics as well as 3D figures
- Encourages children to be creative and imaginative
- Develops fine-motor skills
- Promotes logical thinking
- No instructions or guide
- Contains tiny pieces that may pose a choking hazard
9. Best To Encourage Learning: Step2 Deluxe Art Master Kids Desk
If you can have your own study table, so can your little princess. The kit Includes built-in bins and a raised storage shelf to hold books and other items. It also has a working desk light that illuminates at the push of a button.
- Sturdy plastic desk offers ample working space
- Tiny compartment in the front to hold school supplies
- Set also comes with a Step2 New Traditions Chair
- Wide storage compartments
- May not be easy to clean
- Assembling the stool may not be easy
10. Best Gift For the Future Designer: Tara Toy Disney Princess Necklace Activity
This is not just a toy, but also an accessory for your girl to create and wear. It allows your girl to design her own necklaces and wear them too.
- Consists of five character charms, 150 beads, and four silicone necklaces
- Colorful beads easily slip through silicone necklaces
- Includes a sturdy plastic carry case
- Helps promote creativity and a sense of pattern in children
- Rubber string is a bit thick
- Clasp may not be highly durable
Your future fashion icon can start making fashion statements from now itself. This fashion design activity kit allows little fashionistas to mix and match clothes and accessories to create a whole new fashion trend.
- Includes nine double-sided fashion plates
- Set also includes four pencils, a crayon, and a crayon holder
- Portable storage case enables children to play with this toy pieces anywhere
- Easy to use
- No additional papers included
- Drawer may get stuck occasionally
Unicorns are cute and pretty. And when they dance, they look even more adorable. This unicorn even has a glowing horn. It could become your little girl’s favorite toy.
- Interactive unicorn dances and plays music
- Horn lights up in different colors
- Personal brush included to comb its silky hair
- Toy set includes a cupcake and an instruction manual
- Unicorn does not have great movements
- Hard pony material
If playing with real horses is not an option, get your girl toy horses and a stable where she can take good care of her tiny creatures. The set includes 44 toy pieces, including a stable, horses, vegetables and fruits, and other tiny accessories.
- Offers multiple configuration options
- Roof window opens and closes
- Removable roof to convert the stable into an open riding arena
- Fences can be connected any way the child wants
- Pieces are hard to snap for little children
- May not be sturdy enough
Do you see a young Adele or Taylor Swift in your girl? This karaoke microphone can become a means to showcase her singing talent.
- Wireless microphone built with sturdy aluminum alloy
- In-built Bluetooth enables connectivity with speakers, recorders, and most devices
- Lightweight microphone is easy to hold
- Available in various colors
- Includes a micro USB cable and instruction manual
- May not be easy to plug in the charger
- No instructions included
For a quirky girl, collecting gross play items from the Grossery gang can be a fun activity. What is usually a blind selection becomes planned as this packet reveals the items in it, so your girl can complete her collection of gross play items.
- Packet contains ten grossery gang items
- Includes two milk crates
- Items can be stuck anywhere
- Comes with a collector guide so you know how many more items you need for a complete collection
- Some pieces may be tiny
- Toy pieces have a rubbery feel to them
Make drawing fun for your little girls. This light-up tracing pad can help them draw perfect figures without much effort. It even glows in the dark.
- Kit includes a graphite pencil, 12 colored pencils, ten tracing sheets, and ten blank sheets
- Clearly lit pad makes tracing lines possible even in the dark
- Children can choose from 100 traceable images
- Made of non-toxic material
- May not be easy to hold the paper in place
- Contains only a few tracing papers
We bet you have not seen an art kit as unique as Shrinky Dinks Jewelry Kit. The jewelry set comes with outlines for your girl to color. You can then place them in the toasting oven for the outlines to shrink in size. Your girl can then decorate them with strings and ribbons to create jewelry and other accessories. Note that this activity should be performed under adult supervision.
- Set contains 42 shrinky dinks, eight color pencils, ten adhesive dots, and other accessories
- Can be used to make earrings, bracelets, charms, and so much more
- Effective way to bond with children
- Includes easy-to-understand instructions
- Not all pieces shrink evenly
- Strings may not be highly durable
If your pretty little girl loves self-grooming, especially decorating her nails, giving her a regular nail polish may not be such a good idea. Instead, get her these peel-off, water-based, and safe nail paints.
- Set comes with 15 different-colored nail paints, two nail separators, and a nail file
- Formula is water-based, non-toxic, and bubble-gum scented
- Polish peels off easily and does not require acetone or a nail polish remover
- Comes in different shades, and hence, is ideal for mixing and matching
- May not be long-lasting
- May leave stains on clothes
For an artsy girl who loves capturing those magic moments with her BFF, this scrapbook and art & craft supplies can come in handy. The kit includes a 48-page hardcover book and 453 scrapbook decorating art supplies.
- Include glues, stickers, gems, a marker, scissors, and ribbons
- Simple to use and easy to store
- Colorful and attractive
- Includes easy instructions
- Glue may not stick well
- May have sharp edges
If your girl hates repeating outfits and wants to wear something new every day, encourage her to create her own accessories. This headband craft kit enables her to design and create her own headbands so she can wear a new headband every day.
- Set includes ten satin headbands and multiple accessories
- Accessories include flowers, feathers, butterflies, ribbons, and more
- Easy to hold with small hands
- Promotes creativity, color awareness, and fine-motor skills
- Glue may not stick well
- May contain tiny pieces that can pose a choking hazard
Most little girls wish to have a dollhouse. Your girl can have one of her own with this magnificent Belle Enchanted Dollhouse that is based on the Beauty and the Beast story.
- Three-story mansion with two balconies and three panels
- Golden plastic staircase and beautiful balconies give it a dreamy look and feel
- Contains 13 furniture pieces to complete the décor
- Designed for 12-inch dolls
- Back walls are not easy to snap together
- Assembling the screws can be challenging
22. Osmo Coding Jam
If simple, regular games do not interest your girl, this complex coding jam might be her thing. It is a virtual game that allows children to play music or other games through a series of codes.
- Kit contains 23 magnetic coding blocks along with a game app
- Levels vary from easy to difficult
- Enhances problem-solving skills while learning patterns of coding
- Enables children to code and play their own musical tune
- No clear instruction booklet or guide
- May be complex for some
A fairy costume has got to be the perfect gift for your pretty little girl who insists on playing fairy in every pretend-play session. The fairy set consists of a tutu, a pair of wings, a wand, and a halo.
- Tutu is made of soft, glittery fabric, while halo is made of fabric ribbon
- Quality fabric
- Can be paired with leotards to add a special touch to the costume
- Glitter may come off
- May have a peculiar smell when new
Gardening offers therapeutic benefits, and inculcating a love of gardening in your girl will benefit her in the long run. The set includes a tree hollow, organic seeds, soil, watering can, willow fairy, and other related accessories
- Comes with a fairy, a bunny, a chandelier, and doors to add a magical feel
- Comes with an instruction leaflet to help them understand the importance of maintaining an indoor garden
- Helps teach children the science behind germination and tree growth
- Includes a cute bunny
- Grass may attract mold
- Shallow base
Girls love emojis, and six-year-olds are no exception. Wearing an emoji bracelet can complete your girl’s funky look for the day. The set contains five gel strings, 30 emoji beads, and 40 colored spacer beads to create your own bracelet.
- Includes a child-safe needle threader
- Allows children to create any kind of bracelet to suit their mood
- Promotes creativity in children
- Improves color coordination and fine-motor skills
- Elastic band may not be highly durable
- Strings may be a bit thin
This crossbody bag by ZGMYC is ideal for storing your little princess’s pocket money and her favorite little accessories as she steps out with you. Designed for children aged four to 12 years, it makes for an ideal birthday, Christmas, or Thanksgiving gift.
- Made of soft, eco-friendly PU leather
- Cutely designed with cartoon cat style and tassel
- Magnetic clasp closes the bag firmly
- Adjustable shoulder strap
- Candy-colored to go well with her outfits
- Straps may break upon storing heavy things
- May be smaller than expected
27. Blume Doll
This toy has surprises written all over it. Each Blume doll comes hidden in a pot. All you need to do is water the pot to reveal the doll and other surprises.
- Every doll in the collection is identified by its unique hairdo
- Dolls come with fashionable clothes and other accessories
- Includes 22 surprises such as a mini friend and fashion accessories
- Ideal for mixing and matching
- Hair may have an unpleasant smell when new
- Tiny plastic clothes may not be durable
If your little princess is hooked to her cellphone or the TV, one way to get her out of the house is this kids’ camera. With this lightweight and simple-to-use camera, photography is likely to become your girl’s favorite hobby.
- Made of high-quality, sturdy material to withstand drops
- Durable lanyard makes it easy to carry around
- Includes a 32GB memory card
- Features a two-inch IPS FHD screen
- Enables multi-scene selection
- Available in various colors
- Need good lighting to capture images
- Extremely lightweight
Your nerdy girl has barely entered school but may show qualities of a ‘Spelling Bee’ aspirant. This kit could be helpful in enhancing and perfecting her spelling and vocabulary skills.
- Comes with over 80 words written on magnetic tiles
- Magnets can be pinned anyway around the house to help children memorize new words
- Helps children learn to form simple phrases and sentences
- Compatible with other Magnetic Poetry sets
- Contains tiny pieces
- Magnets may not be strong enough
If your child loves surprises, the L.O.L Surprise! Fashion Camper is sure to bring the widest smile to your child’s face. The 2-in-1 glamper extends up to three-foot wide and two-foot tall. It features over ten hangouts and includes surprises, such as a two-story water slide, a mixing DJ booth, a cafe, and bunk beds.
- Features more than 55 surprises
- Detachable front area converts into a car
- Comes with four different light settings
- Includes a free doll
- Does not come with directions on how to extend it
- Front compartment may be difficult to open
A jeep is a powerful rugged vehicle. And when that jeep is colored pink, it becomes the ultimate vehicle for an amazing, outgoing girl.
- Comes with decorative stickers to make the jeep unique
- Remote-controlled jeep is suitable for both indoor play and outdoor play
- Adjustable seat can accommodate a tall Barbie
- Large off-road tires
- Batteries may run out quickly
- Might be a bit small
Why Trust MomJunction?
Priti Bose is a skilled product writer who focuses on toys and gifts. She conducts extensive research on user reviews and product listings before recommending products to ensure quality. In this list of the best gifts for six-year-old girls, she has included a diverse range of products that can be gifted to children according to their interests. A detailed description of the features of each product has also been included in the buying guide. These products are unique, durable, safe, and made of good-quality materials for long-lasting use.
As children grow, their interests and things they like to interact with will also change and evolve. The same applies to 6-year-old girls who may no longer like playing with toddler toys but other ones that help them improve cognitive, motor, and social skills. Before choosing the best gifts for 6-year-old girls, ensure you are aware of their current interests and that you gift them practical yet fun presents. Regardless of the toy you choose, they must be safe to play with while not being too complex.
View Profile ›