The teenage years can be a confusing phase for everyone; teens themselves and their families. The days are hectic, filled with studies, hangouts with friends, interactions with family, and a never-ending chase for new things. If your teenagers are going through the same phase, you would want to read Bible verses for teens to them.
The teenage years are crucial when one starts to think independently, develop a deeper sense of self, and try to make sense of the world. These words of wisdom will lead your teen on the right path and be their guiding light.
Bible verses are God’s special message to his children. So, share them with your teen to motivate them to remain hopeful and choose the right path.
30 Bible Verses For Teens
Share these Bible verses for teens, and let your teens learn the words of wisdom that will guide them through life.
- “Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing.”–1 Thessalonians 5:11
- “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.” –Proverbs 3:5-6
- “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, goodness, kindness, gentleness, faithfulness, and self-control. Against such things there is no law.”–Galatians 5:22-23
- “The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.” –Psalm 34:18
- “The Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in him.”–Nahum 1:7
- “Don’t use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them.”–Ephesians 4:29
- “Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. “Honor your father and mother”—which is the first commandment with a promise— “so that it may go well with you and that you may enjoy long life on the earth.” –Ephesians 6:1-3
- “Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken.”–Psalm 55:22
- “May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.” –Romans 15:13
- “For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the Lord, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'”–Jeremiah 29:11
- “Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”–Matthew 6:34
- “Likewise, you who are younger, be subject to the elders. Clothe yourselves, all of you, with humility toward one another, for “God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.” Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.” –1 Peter 5:5-7
- “The Lord your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves. He will take great delight in you; in his love he will no longer rebuke you, but will rejoice over you with singing.” –Zephaniah 3:17
- “Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.” –Deuteronomy 31:6
- “Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.” –Psalm 23:4
- “Trust the Lord with all your heart, and don’t depend on your own understanding. Remember the Lord in all you do, and he will give you success.” –Proverbs 3:5-6
- “Do all things without grumbling or disputing; so that you will prove yourselves to be blameless and innocent, children of God above reproach in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you appear as lights in the world.” –Philippians 2:14-1518.
- “Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.” –James 1:2-4
- “‘Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.'” –Isaiah 41:10
Nathan, a doctor and blogger, shares Bible verses that helped him get through his medical exams. He says, “This is one of my favorite Bible verses for exams that have helped me through every exam so far from the last five years. This is as much a reminder to myself as an encourager to other students facing exams. This Bible verse is a reminder that you weren’t chosen because you were perfect for the task. God deliberately chose in spite of your weaknesses (i).”
- “‘If you are tired from carrying heavy burdens, come to me and I will give you rest. Take the yoke I give you. Put it on your shoulders and learn from me. I am gentle and humble, and you will find rest. This yoke is easy to bear, and this burden is light.'” –Matthew 11:28-30
- “’Don’t let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me. There is more than enough room in my Father’s home. If this were not so, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you? When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am. And you know the way to where I am going.'”–John 14:1-4
- “Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.”–Isaiah 40:31
- “The temptations in your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you can endure.”–1 Corinthians 10:13
- “Let your eyes look directly forward, and your gaze be straight before you. Ponder the path of your feet; then all your ways will be sure.” –Proverbs 4:25-2625.
- “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” –Philippians 4:6-7
- “I can do all this through him who gives me strength.” –Philippians 4:13
- “Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”–Joshua 1:9
- “Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much.” –Luke 16:10
- “May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.” –Romans 15:13
- “Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time, we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.” –Galatians 6:9
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How can Bible verses about forgiveness and grace help teens deal with guilt and shame?
Many verses explain how God forgives us and offers us grace if we confess our sins. Bible verses also offer hope which may encourage self-forgiveness and help them have the courage to repent and take responsibility for their actions.
2. How can Bible verses about honesty and integrity guide teens’ ethical choices?
Parables of faith and integrity help teens make ethical choices by emphasizing the importance of telling the truth and being transparent. They may encourage teens to take responsibility for their actions, be accountable to others, and navigate through ethical dilemmas. Such parables of the Bible aim to teach us to treat others with respect and kindness, which may automatically help teens make ethical decisions and prioritize the well-being of others.
3. How can teenagers use Bible verses to guide their decision-making, build their character, and develop their faith?
Bible verses offer a source of inspiration, guidance, and encouragement for teenagers. When facing difficult decisions, they can refer to Bible verses similar to their situations. They can make their choices with the advice in the Bible and make decisions that align with their beliefs. Reading Bible verses daily also can help build character since the Bible discusses concepts like kindness, goodness, honesty, patience, and forgiveness. Teenagers can read these verses and incorporate them into their daily lives.
4. How can parents and caregivers help teenagers engage with and understand the Bible verses relevant to their lives?
Parents and caregivers can help teenagers engage and understand Bible verses by leading by example. Take some time daily to incorporate Bible reading into your routine, and they will follow suit. Encourage them to ask questions when in doubt, help them relate Bible verses with real-life situations, and incorporate relevant Bible verses into family discussions.
5. How can teenagers use Bible verses to develop a sense of purpose, identity, and belonging?
They can use Bible verses as a guiding light that helps them discover their identity, value, unique traits, inherent worth, and purpose in life. By reflecting on these scriptures, they can develop a sense of belonging and identity in Christ. It also encourages them to find belonging within their church or with fellow believers. They can find guidance, assurance, and a sense of purpose, identity, and belonging by reading and applying relevant verses.
These Bible verses for teens are a great way to instill virtues in them. They show the path towards righteousness. Teenage is when children are developing fast and are vulnerable to negative influences. They have disagreements with their parents. The parables in the Holy Bible have God’s special message for everyone in such situations. The word of God is more acceptable to children and adolescents, and their exposure to this knowledge at an early age will help them live a righteous life.
Infographic: Inspiring Bible Verses For Teens
Teenage is a phase that brings unknown challenges and emotions for a child. It is when they need someone to instill positivity and reinforce hope and courage. We bring some inspirational Bible verses in this infographic for you to share and motivate them to tackle every life situation wisely and bravely.
Are you a teen looking for guidance and strength? Nourish your mind and soul with this video for Bible verses to help you grow closer to God! Perfect for teenage girls and boys.