Government schools in Delhi, or any other city, rarely get mainstream coverage, and when they do, it is mostly for the wrong reasons. Sadly, most government schools are tainted with the same brush of poor results, lack of infrastructure and lack of good teachers.
As surprising as it may sound, the government schools in Delhi remain the best performing govt schools in India. Yes, despite limited facilities, a govt aided school in Delhi produces an average pass rate of a whopping 88.70%.
So if you are a resident of Delhi and looking for some good govt schools, you should consider reading our post! We’ve listed ten of the best government schools in Delhi below.
1. Kendriya Vidyalaya:
- Kendriya Vidyalaya is a group of central government schools affiliated to the CBSE board. It enjoys a lot of popularity with outstation parents. It is the quintessential govt school in Delhi, and in most other cities.
- Kendriya Vidyalaya has over a thousand schools in India, and three outside India.
- All the branches of this school offer Bilingual instructions in English and Hindi and share a common syllabus.
- Sanskrit is a compulsory language in Kendriya Vidyalaya from class VI to VIII and optional until class XII.
- The Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan in New Delhi oversees the functioning of these schools. Below is the address of the same.
Old JNU Campus, Baba Gangnath Marg,
Near Ber Sarai New Mehrauli Road,
New Delhi -110067
2. Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya:
- Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya is a group of English medium Government schools for gifted students in India.
- It aims to find the talented children in the rural areas of the county and provide them with an education equal to the best of the private and residential schools. It is a truly noble government school in Delhi.
- Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya is run by Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti and is affiliated to the CBSE board. It offers classes only from 6th to 12th standard.
- The school offers full fledged facilities to its pupils, including libraries, basketball courts, and a singing room.
Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti,
B-15, Institutional Area,
Sector 62, Noida,
Uttar Pradesh 201307
[ Read: ICSE Schools In Delhi ]
3. Government Boys Senior Secondary School:
- Famous for its cleanliness and hygienic environment, the Government Boys Senior Secondary School is a boys only senior secondary school affiliated to the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) board. The school operates under the trust of Director of Education and features on the list of government schools in Delhi, famous for cleanliness and a decent pass percentage.
- Besides providing well-qualified faculty, this government school also offers excellent sports and games facilities like cricket, badminton, tennis, and soccer.
Shalamar Village, Delhi-110088 Delhi 110088 India
Phone: 011 27496060, 011 27484135
4. Sarvodaya Vidyalaya:
- Sarvodaya Vidyalaya is one of those government schools that aim at the personality development of the pupils.
- The objective of the school is to train the pupils to perform well in all the offices of life, both private and public.
- It also offers an array of first class facilities for extra-curricular activities.
Lancer Road, Hakikat Nagar, Kingsway Camp,
Near University Metro Station. New Delhi,
Delhi – 110009, India
5. Government Girls Senior Secondary School:
- Government Girls Senior Secondary School in Mohan Garden is a co-educational government school affiliated to the CBSE board.
- It’s one of the best govt schools in Delhi, and is an excellent option for kids aiming to study humanities, commerce, and engineering streams.
- In addition to academics, the school also offers classes in games, classical music and arts.
Mohan Garden, Uttam Nagar,
New Delhi-110059 Delhi 110059 India
Phone: 011 25352554, 9873264570
6. Rajkiya Pratibha Vikas Vidyalaya:
- Rajkiya Pratibha Vikas Vidyalaya, also known as RPVVs is one of the top government schools in Delhi providing education from 6th to 12th grade.
- The school has PAHAL Kendras that help students prepare for entrance examinations for courses such as engineering, hotel managements, business management courses, and information technology.
- The RPVV Paschim Vihar, one of the branches of Rajkiya Pratibha Vikas Vidyalaya even won the National Computer Literacy Excellence Award in 2003.
Rd Number 221, Sector 10 Dwarka,
Dwarka, New Delhi, Delhi 110075
Phone: 011 2508 6911
7. SKV Raja Ram Mohan Roy School:
- One of best Government Hindi medium schools, SKV Raja Ram Mohan Roy School is probably the best planned govt aided school in Delhi among all govt schools in Delhi.
- In fact, it’s one of the few government schools recognized for its novel teaching methods.
- The school and its faculty also make sure that every student gets individual attention.
- Some of the primary facilities offered by this school include a library stocked with over 5000 books, science laboratories, and a learning activity center.
Hauz Rani, Malviya Nagar, New Delhi, Delhi 110017
Phone: 011 2668 3643
[ Read: Top Schools In Greater Noida ]
8. Navyug School:
- Navyug Schools also referred to as a school for gifted children, is an institution for the talented kids from the economically weaker sections of society.
- The New Delhi Municipal Council under the patronage of the Navyug School Education Society founded the school in 1973.
- There are 11 branches of Navyug Schools in New Delhi, the first being in Sarojini Nagar.
- The selection of the pupils is done through strict written tests that are generally followed by an interview.
Lane J, Sarojini Nagar, New Delhi, Haryana 110023
Phone: Phone: 098553 21696
9. New Surya Public School:
- The New Surya Public School is a co-educational government school that aims at providing quality education to develop the personality and intellect of the pupil.
- The co-curricular activities offered in the school include music, dance, debate, drama, art, craft, and many more.
- The school also provides regular fitness training by involving the kids in games like table tennis, basketballs, and badminton.
B-110/B, Thana Road, Sangam Vihar, New Delhi-110062
10. Sarvodaya Bal Vidyalaya:
- Here’s another top-notch Government school of Delhi that gives equal importance to academics as well as extra-curricular activities.
- Just like most of the good government schools of Delhi, even Sarvodaya Bal Vidyalaya gives immense importance to extracurricular activities.
D – Block, Janakpuri, New Delhi, Delhi – 110058, India
We’d suggest you and your spouse to visit and examine the schools personally before taking a decision. Have you enrolled your kid in a government school? If yes, then please share the experience by commenting below!
- 25 Best Schools In Ahmedabad
- Top 15 Boarding And Residential Schools In Pune
- Top 10 Schools In Dwarka, New Delhi