Does your kid like Grapes? Aren’t they fun to eat and an easy finger food? If you said yes, read our post here and learn how grapes are beneficial for your young kids.
Grapes like any other fruit are full of minerals and vitamins. They grow in bunches that look like pyramids. They grow in two main colors, green and black or purple, that make them all the more appealing. Grapes are also easy to pack fruit for the kid’s lunch, and an even better after school snack. They are also available in beautiful colors that appeal to the children.
Grapes are classified as berries and are produced in the form of climbing vines that are as long as 15-20 meters. There are more than 8000 varieties of grape, and they are available in 60 species. They are available in a variety of colors like red, yellow, white, purple, green, black, pink, etc. Not only are they fun to eat, but you can add them to a fruit salad, a sandwich or other food.
Health Benefits Of Grapes For Kids:
There are many health benefits of eating grapes, some of which include:
- Grapes have high water content and help hydrate your kid. They also help regularize his bowel movement.
- Another amazing thing about grapes is that they are anti-inflammatory, and hence they alleviate the symptoms of allergy like watery eyes and running nose.
As long your kid eats a balanced diet, it isn’t necessary to monitor his calorie count. Grapes add a decent amount of calories to the diet and are full of vitamins, Potassium, and Calcium.
3. Vitamin C:
Vitamin C is a critical nutrient for your kid and important to contribute towards the growth of tissues.
Sodium works with Potassium to control the body’s water balance, which in turn helps in maintaining a healthy blood pressure. It also reduces the risk of kidney stones.
Apart from Potassium and Vitamin C, the wonder fruit is an excellent source of calcium. Calcium is required for the kid’s tooth and bone growth.
[ Read: Health Benefits Of Cranberries For Kids ]
Why Should Kids Eat Grapes?
Grapes contain a combination of glucose and fructose, which makes them sweet and delicious. The energy from grapes lasts longer, as it takes a little longer than usual to digest the carbohydrates. Grapes are rich in potassium, calcium and vitamin C. Grape skin and grape seeds contain antioxidants that are good for kids (1).
Ways To Eat Grapes:
You can have grapes in many different ways. Some ideas that we list here, include:
- Add them to fruit salad and sandwiches.
- Serve them with cheese.
- Use as a garnish on homemade cakes, custard, etc.
- Frozen grapes served with melted chocolate- A recipe every kid will relish.
- Make a grape smoothie, your kid will love the color and the flavor.
- Grape juice for kids fits any occasion and is a healthy soda-substitute for them.
Grape Recipes For Kids:
So, now that you know how grapes help you, let’s look at a delicious grape recipe here:
Grapes have high sugar content, and so they naturally sweeten the smoothie.
You Will Need:
- 1 cup seedless grapes
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup ice
- Put all the ingredients into the blender
- Blend them well and enjoy the smoothie.
[ Read: Fruit Salad Recipes For Kids ]
A Word Of Caution:
Anything in excess might not be good for a kid. Apart from the calorie intake, you need to remember that grapes are full of fructose and glucose that can lead to blood pressure spikes. Grapes can cause a choking hazard, and so you need to cut them when you are serving them to your kids.
Grapes are good for kids, provided you follow all the necessary precautions. You will play a major role in your kid’s nutrition and hence, it is important to make healthy food choices. Plenty of veggies, fruits, whole grains, and protein are the goal. Serve grapes instead of fried food and give your kid a healthy start.
Do you know of any grape recipes for kids? Have you started feeding your kid grapes yet? Tell us below.
- 8 Amazing Health Benefits Of Watermelons For Kids
- Top Health Benefits Of Pomegranate For Kids
- Top 10 Fondue Recipes For Your Kid
- 10 Easy Kid-Friendly Pineapple Recipes