If you want salon-styled, gorgeous hair every day, then finding the best hair dryers for girls should be on top of your beauty checklist. These will help you get an easy blowout right at your home without damaging or breaking your strands. Hair dryers let you achieve your desired hairstyles with much less effort and time. Here, we have compiled some professional-grade hair dryers for you that work perfectly on curly, fine, and every hair type in between.
17 Best Hair Dryers For Girls
It could be a difficult task to choose the right hair dryer. However, the following list could make the task easy for you.
1. Best For Faster Drying: Revlon One-Step Hair Dryer And Volumizer Hot Air Brush
This result-driven hot air brush from the celebrity-endorsed brand, Revlon, features a nylon pin and tufted bristles that help detangle and improve the volume of hair. Its oval brush design helps in smoothing the hair and creating volume. The heat and speed settings of this mini hair dryer let you style your hair in different ways.
- Built with ion generator for faster drying
- Ceramic coating helps in even heat distribution
- Lightweight and ergonomically designed
- Six-feet cord for tangle-free and easy styling
- Some customers felt that the dryer and the hair becomes hot after using it for some time
2. Best For Compact Storage: Conair 1600 Watt Compact Hair Dryer
The Conair 1600W dryer is compact yet powerful enough to dry the hair faster. It comes with two heat and two speed settings to customize the hair drying experience and also style your hair as you like. Check out a tester’s experience in this simple video to understand the product and how it works.
- Foldable hair dryer for compact storage
- Comes with a dual voltage options for travel convenience
- Easy to use
- Comes with a five-foot cord
- The cord is not retractable
3. Best For Straightening: Remington Pro Wet2Style Dryer
The Remington Pro Wet2Style Dryer comes in a great and luxurious mauve shade. It has a corded electric power source and is made of ceramic material with a sleek design. It helps dry the hair and style simultaneously, saving time and effort. The portable tried-and-tested hair dryer works on three heat and two speed settings and provides a cool shot for improved styling. You can also use the slipstream to pre-straighten and the diffuser for defining curls.
- Faster styling
- Enhanced hair protection
- Comes with innovative attachments
- Protects against heat damage and frizz
- Keeps hair smooth and soft
- High electricity consumption
- Some may find it bulky
4. Best for Frizz-Free Hair: Vaslon 1875W Lightweight Negative Ions Hair Blow Dryer
It is designed using the Direct ion technology that helps in reducing the hair frizz to make the hair silky smooth and manageable. This makeup artist-approved hair dryer comes with a two-speed and three-heat setting that aids in quick styling and drying the hair inside-out. Watch this review video for more details.
- Produces infrared heat for quick drying
- Lightweight and durable
- The built-in Ionic generator that emits negative ions to eliminate frizz
- Easy to clean
- Some customers felt that it is too noisy
5. Best Lightweight: 7Magic Ionic Hair Dryer
The ionic hair dryer from 7Magic is designed as a blow dryer with 1875 watts of energy consumption. It comes with a concentrator nozzle and is designed for professional hair styling. It has both hot and cold air blow functions and can be adjusted across two speed settings. The compact professional-grade hair dryer is suitable for women and children and has a corded electric power source. Made of high-quality plastic, it has a green exterior with an impressive design. Its compact design makes it suitable for travel as well.
- Prevents overheating damage
- Time-efficient design
- Lightweight and compact
- Frizz-reducing ionic technology
- Easy to operate
- Some may find the power cord longer than expected
- May be difficult to clean
6. Best For Uniform Heating: Conair Double Ceramic Hair Dryer
The Conair Double ceramic hair dryer is available in a pristine white color and is sturdy. It has an attached corded electricity power source and consumes 1875 watts. The dryer’s cool shot button helps lock hairstyles and features three heat and two speed controls for a convenient and customizable experience. The adjustable heat hair dryer has ionic conditioning that adds shine and volume for healthy-looking, frizz-free hair.
- Lint build-up prevention with a removable filter
- Nozzle concentrator for precision styling
- Greater heat protection
- Fast and powerful drying
- May have inconvenient switch placements
- Heavy build may be inconvenient
7. Best For Shine: Conair Infinitipro Hair Dryer
The Infinitipro hair dryer from Conair is well-known for its unique build and rainbow chrome finish. It has a ceramic construction and operates on 1875 watts powered by a corded power source. It works on ionic technology for hair drying and styling and helps add textured style with its diffuser. The diffuser hair dryer also has a removable filter that helps avoid lint formation and aids in long motor life sustenance. It weighs 2.23 lb and measures 4x12x9.75 in.
- Easy on/off feature for better control
- Two speed and three heat controls
- Frizz reduction by up to 75%
- Faster drying
- Some may find the button placement inconvenient
- Can be noisy
8. Best For Travel: Conair MiniPRO Tourmaline Ceramic Styler/Hair Dryer
This travel hair dryer from Conair uses the tourmaline ceramic technology to offer a salon-like experience for hair styling. It uses a 1200W motor for quick drying and leaves the hair shiny and smooth. Its attachments include a diffuser and concentrator, which help you style the hair as preferred.
- Comes with dual-voltage feature for worldwide travel
- Travel pouch included
- Two heat/speed settings
- The dryer gets too hot after being used for some time
9. Best For Volume: Revlon Volume Booster Hair Dryer
The makeup artist-approved Revlon Volume Booster Hair Dryer is uniquely designed with a soft green exterior. It is made of ceramic material and consumes 1875 watts of electricity supplied by a power cord. The device helps maintain a neutral charge on the hair surface for smooth conditioning. It features two speed and three heat settings for customized styling and supports all hair types.
- Easy cleaning with removable end cap
- Volume-boosting features
- Fit with a smoothing concentrator
- Long-lasting use
- Drying can be time-consuming
- Power cord may be short
10. Best Gentle: T3 Micro T3 Fit Ionic Compact Hair Dryer
The T3 Fit Ionic compact hair Dryer from T3 Micro is made with super-impact IonAir technology that helps keep the hair frizz-free and adds shine to give you healthier-looking mane. It features multiple speed and heat settings and a cool shot button that helps keep the style intact. This cool shot hair dryer has a corded electric power supply source and weighs 2.03lb.
- Agile and lightweight
- 30% smaller than traditional hair dryers
- Fast-drying hair dryer
- Suitable for all hair types
- Heating efficiency may reduce over time
- Power consumption may be higher than expected
The L’ange Hair Le Styliste Luxury Hair Dryer has three speed and heat settings for better hair drying and styling. Its self-cleaning feature eliminates the hassle of frequent cleaning. The result-driven dryer runs on ionic technology to ensure voluminous and healthier-looking hair.
- Easy to use
- Slim and ergonomic design
- Frizz-free drying
- Includes three attachments
- Styling may take some time
- Handle may heat up
The Acekool Ionic Hair Dryer is made of ceramic material for sturdiness and long-lasting use. It has a corded electric supply design and runs on 50 watts of electricity. The cute hair dryer features control buttons designed for quick and precise adjustments for drying and styling. It also has an LED light display at the back, mentioning the air volume and temperature when using.
- With negative ions hair care technology
- Powerful and quick drying
- Compact and lightweight
- Anti-leakage ALCI safety plug
- Memory function to access last-used settings
- Detachable nozzle hair dryer
- Might be loud
- Takes time to hit high-heat air blow
The professional-grade Kiss Pro Tourmaline Ceramic Hair Dryer consumes 1875 watts and has a corded power supply function. It has two speed and three heat settings with a cool shot button for better hair styling. The tourmaline hair dryer also comes with two detangler combs, one concentrator, a diffuser, four sectioning clips, and a removable filter cap.
- Ergonomic handle makes it easy to use
- Anti-frizz technology
- Easy storage with hanging loop
- Heating may take time
- Surface may scratch up easily
This Jinri hair dryer is designed to offer a salon-like experience of hair drying at home. It is ergonomically designed to free the muscles from any strain and for styling flexibility. Also, it infuses ionic, ceramic technology that results in healthier and softer hair after drying.
- Two-speed and three-heating settings
- Far-Infrared heat and Ionic Ceramic technology
- Consistent airflow to dry thick and wavy hair in a few minutes
- Airflow concentrator nozzle for more focused airflow
- The speed and heat setting buttons are placed on the handle and can be accidentally switched on
This hair dryer from Remington is designed combining the Titanium and Ceramic technologies to offer the ultimate frizz control. The speed and heat settings provide great performance, and the dryer offers desired hairstyling experience with extensions such as the concentrator and diffuser.
- Seven times more frizz control
- Efficient heat transfer and fast drying
- 1875W max turbo drying power
- Cool shot feature to lock in the hairstyle
- The cord is a bit shorter
The professional-grade Revlon Styling Hatchet Hair Dryer has three-in-one functional tools that simplify hair styling. It has a metallic finish and is compact, making it suitable for traveling. The dryer is made with ionic technology, which locks the moisture in and keeps the hair frizz-free. The ion generator control button makes it easy to operate.
- Three speed and heat settings for better hair styling
- Supports worldwide use with dual voltage
- Smoothening, styling, and detangling control
- May overheat
- Bristles may be softer than expected
The Conair Bonnet Hair Dryer offers professional hair styling with a simplistic design. It has a corded power supply and consumes 400 watts of electricity. The hair dryer is made in bonnet design and is unique, attractive, and compact. It has four heat and speed settings, including a cold air setting. The girls’ hair dryer has a four-foot flexible hose and is great for hot conditioning.
- Constant and even airflow
- Easy-lock feature
- Better volumizing with the brush attachment
- Bonnet opening may be smaller than expected
- May be difficult to pack and store
How To Choose The Right Hair Dryer?
Here are some important points one must consider before purchasing a hair dryer.
- The technology used: There are different types of hair dryers based on the kind of technology used and how they function. Here is some info about them.
- Ionic: This helps in breaking down the water molecules faster and retains the moisture in the hair strands.
- Tourmaline: Hair dryers with the coating of tourmaline, which is a semi-precious gemstone, have minerals that help reduce the static on hair. Also, these dryers help seal the moisture to keep hair healthy and shiny.
- Ceramic: Hair dryers that use ceramic technologies aim at even heat distribution and emit mild heat that does not damage the hair.
- Noise reduction: These hair dryers incorporate the technology that lowers the noise produced by the blower.
- Touch cool: The technology used in these hair dryers ensures that the dryer body and its attachments remain cool when in use or after.
- Infrared: The tech ensures even distribution of heat that dries out the hair uniformly and protects the scalp from excess heat exposure.
- Wattage: It is an important aspect to check before buying hair dryers. The higher the wattage, the quicker it dries the hair. The wattage of most hairdryers is between 1,300 and 1,800. A dryer with higher wattage may be used for very thick or curly hair.
- Accessories/ Features: Some hair dryers come with accessories such as a diffuser (for controlling the frizz). They may also have features like a cool shot (cold air blow to set the hairstyle), auto shut off (turns on when picked up and turns off when put down), and swivel cord (preventing cord tangling) that make them user-friendly.
Tips To Use Hair Dryers Safely
For young girls, the dryer should be ideally used by the parents or any other adult at home. Older kids and teens should be instructed on how to use a hairdryer safely and must be monitored for safe usage.
- Do not put the hair dryer too near the hair but at a distance.
- Make sure to read the instruction manual carefully before using the hair dryer.
- After use, unplug the hairdryer and let it cool.
- Avoid using the hairdryer in places such as the bathroom or near the swimming pool. If the hair dryer falls into water, then do not pull it right away. Unplug the device first and then remove it.
- Unplug the hair dryer from the mains when it is not in use.
- Keep the power cord and the plug away from hot surfaces.
- To keep the dryer hair and lint-free, never block the air openings of the dryer.
- Do not keep the hair dryer on soft surfaces, such as a mattress or a cushion, while using it.
- Never leave a hair dryer unattended when it is plugged in.
Alexandro Vasquez, a professional hairdresser and hair colorist, says, “Ensure that your child follows these safety measures and is aware of the dangers of using the hair dryer incorrectly. Furthermore, encourage them to use a professional hair dryer at medium temperature till they gain more confidence. This will prevent accidents and burns.”
Why Trust MomJunction?
Poulami Nag is a product writer who reviews haircare and beauty products. With her extensive experience in product analysis, she has compiled the above list of best hair dryers for girls. Poulami has studied many user reviews and considered specifications such as ergonomic design, adjustable heating levels, ease of operation, and damage protection technology of these hair dryers before adding them to the list. Each of these products is described briefly and has pros and cons. She has also listed a buying guide to help you purchase the right hair dryer.
Using a hair dryer too often may not be a good idea as it may make hair dry and more prone to breakage. Buy a good-quality hair dryer so it does not adversely impact the hair quality. We recommend the Conair 1600 Watt Compact Hair Dryer created for convenient storage and travel, the Remington Pro Wet2Style Dryer, which provides simultaneous drying and styling, and the Revlon One-Step Hair Dryer And Volumizer Hot Air Brush with an ion generator for speedier drying and detangling bristles. Kids and teenagers should not use hair dryers without parental supervision as it may be risky. The abovementioned list of the best hair dryers for girls has been curated based on various essential features. Check out the buying guidelines mentioned in the post before buying the best hair dryer that suits your hair’s texture.
Disclaimer: MomJunction may earn a commission when products are purchased through affiliate links given in the article. However, this partnership does not influence the editorial content featuring in our list.
Infographic: Tips To Consider For Safe Usage Of Hair Dryers For Girls
Hair dryers are a common household appliance that is convenient and effective to use. So, if your daughter wants to try using the hair dryer on her own, check out the infographic below to learn important safety precautions to teach her to prevent injury or damage to the hair.
- Best Heat Protectants For Natural Hair
- Best Hair Diffusers For Curly Hair
- Best Hair Steamers
- Best Fast Drying Hair Towels