Asking your kid to eat healthy and pamper his taste buds usually do not go together. However, fun fruit salad recipe for kids can be a great way to make them have the seasonal fruits, reap its benefits and enjoy it too.Here we have put down a list of the best 15 simple healthy fruit salad ideas for kids.
Top 15 Easy Fruit Salad Recipes For Kids To Make:
1. Frozen Fruit Salad:
The frozen fruit salad is a perfect summer delight.
- You will need 1 tin of condensed milk, 15 oz of mandarin oranges, 21 oz of tin cherry or peach pie filling, 1 tin of crushed pineapple, 1 carton of frozen whipped topping, 2/3 cup of chopped walnuts or pecans and lettuce leaves.
- Take a large bowl, mix pie filling and milk. Add pineapple, oranges, and nuts.
- Mix whipped topping gently.
- Transfer to a rectangular pan, cover and freeze in the refrigerator.
- Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving.
- Cut out square pieces and serve on lettuce-lined plates.
[ Read: Smoothie Recipes For Kids ]
2. Summer Fruit Salad:
It is a refreshing salad made of seasonal fruits.
- To prepare this refreshing salad you need 2 avocados, 2 cups of green grapes slit into halves, 4 cups of loosely packed arugula, 1 julienned mango, 1 cup of strawberries, 2 teaspoons of grated ginger, 1/2 cup of bottled poppy seeds dressing, 1/4 cup of sliced green onions and 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro.
- Whisk ginger and dressing together in a big bowl.
- Add all other ingredients and gently toss them with the dressing. The salad is ready to serve.
3. Fruit Salad With Yogurt:
The salad recipe will surely make your kids want more.
- You need 4 cups of pineapple chunks, 1 quart of strawberries, 2 sliced mangoes, 3 cups of green grapes, 4 oz of fresh raspberries, 1 tablespoon each of honey and dark brown sugar and 2 cups of Greek yogurt
- Pour the yogurt in a bowl and drizzle it with sugar and honey.
- Now, mix all other ingredients in a bowl.
- Serve mixed fruits salad topped with a ladle of chilled yogurt.
[ Read: Yogurt Recipe For Kids ]
4. Strawberry And Melon Salad With Lemongrass Syrup:
The sweet and sour salad will tease your child’s taste buds.
- Mix lemongrass, chilies, sugar, lime zest with 1 cup of water and bring it to a boil.
- Simmer until it thickens.
- Keep stirring to dissolve the sugar.
- Transfer it to the ice water bath and let it to cool for 15 minutes.
- Now, take strawberries, melon and mint in a bowl and strain the cooled syrup over the fruits. Keep it in the chiller.
- Mix ginger into crème fraiche.
- Now for serving, take some fruits into a bowl and add a dollop of ginger cream over it.
5. Watermelon Salad:
The salad will be a refreshing delight for your kids.
- You need 4 cups of cubed watermelon, 1/2 cup of chopped red onions, 1/4 cup of chopped parsley, 1/4 cup of pitted olives, 1/4 cup of chopped mint and 1/2 cup of crumbled feta cheese.
- Add juice and onion in a medium bowl and let it stand for 10 minutes.
- Mix watermelon cubes, olives, mint and parsley in a bowl and keep it in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Sprinkle with cheese and serve.
6. Diced Fruit Salad:
This tasty salad is also a visual treat for your toddlers.
- In this recipe, you need one each of the following fruits – kiwi, papaya, mango, 1 pint of strawberries and 2 bananas.
- Cut slices of berries and kiwis and dice mango, papaya and bananas
- Spread out fruits on a lettuce leaf without any dressing.
7. Berries, Melon And Pear Salad With Cayenne and Lemon Mint Syrup:
It will surely tantalize the taste buds of your kid.
- Add 1/3 cup of sugar, 1/3 cup of water, 3 tablespoons of honey, 1/4 cup of fresh lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon of ground red pepper in a pan and bring it to a boil.
- Remove it from the stove and add 1 tablespoon of lemon rind and 1/4 cup of chopped mint.
- Leave it for half an hour and then strain it.
- Chop melon, pear and mix different berries in a bowl,
- Add mint and ground black pepper.
- Now, pour the prepared syrup over the chopped fruits and gently toss.
- Cover the bowl and keep it in the refrigerator for two hours, stirring it occasionally.
- Ground red pepper helps manage the sweetness of the pear, melons, and fresh berries.
[ Read: Summer Recipes For Kids ]
8. Mango Salad:
Mango is the king of fruits and is the perfect ingredient for a summer special salad.
- You need 2 mangoes, 1/2 cup of lemon juice, 1/2 cup of fresh pineapple, 2 or 3 fresh strawberries, 1 cup of orange juice.
- Cut pineapple and mango cubes.
- Blend lemon juice with orange juice and pour over the fruits.
- Serve on a lettuce leaf and garnish with strawberries.
9. Big Cherry Supreme:
It is a unique kid friendly fruit salad recipe prepared with cherries, pineapple, and jello.
- You need 1 can of bing cherries, 1 can of crushed pineapple, 2 cups of fruit juice, 1 cup of chopped pecans, 3 oz of package cherry, raspberry or strawberry gelatin, 3 oz of package black cherry gelatin and 2 to 7 oz of bottled 7-Up.
- Boil fruit juice and pour on gelatin. Stir until it dissolves.
- Cool the gelatin and juice mixture, but do not let them congeal.
- Mix pineapple, cherries and 7-Up into the gelatin mixture.
- Transfer the content into a rectangular glass dish and chill it until it becomes firm.
- Serve chilled with whipped cream.
10. Amy’s Apple Salad:
It will surely be a family favorite. It is one of the easy fruit salads for kids to make, so you can pamper your family more often.
- To prepare Amy’s apple salad, you require 2 red apples, 3 celery ribs, 1 yellow apple, 1 pear, 1/2 cup of pecans, 3/4 cup of seedless grapes, 1 orange, and 1 lemon.
- Take a bowl and put chopped celery, apples, and pear, pour orange and lemon juice.
- Mix properly and leave it for ten minutes.
- Drain the juice and save it.
- Mince pecans, add half of it to the marinated fruits and add grapes.
- Blend the remaining pecans with the juice saved earlier to make a puree of nut butter sauce.
- Add this sauce over the fruits in a bowl, mix it well and serve on a lettuce leaf.
[ Read: Apple Recipes For Kids ]
11. Sunday Special Salad:
It is an easy fruit salad recipe, especially meant for holidays and special occasions.
- You need 2 apples, 1 can of pineapple chunks, 3 kiwis, 2 bananas, 1 can of peach pie filling and 1 pint of strawberries, 2 cups of pineapple juice.
- Toss chopped apples in pineapple juice and keep it aside for ten minutes.
- Mix pineapple and peach pie filling in a large salad bowl.
- Take out apples from pineapple juice and add it to the salad bowl.
- Add bananas in the pineapple juice and again leave it for ten minutes.
- Slice half of the strawberries and kiwi and add to the salad bowl.
- Remove bananas, add it to the salad bowl and toss.
- Now, slice the remaining strawberries and kiwis and decorate.
12. Orange Cream Fruit Salad:
The fruit salad recipe is a winner with kids.
- You require 1-1/2 cups of milk, 1/3 cup of frozen orange juice, 1 can of sliced peaches, 3/4 cup of sour cream, 2 sliced bananas, 1 package of instant vanilla pudding and 1 cup of mandarin orange segments, 1 sliced apple.
- Take a mixing bowl and add milk, pudding mix and orange juice. Use an electric mixer to beat the mix for 2 minutes.
- Also, add sour cream while mixing.
- Add the fruits in a salad bowl and gently mix the prepared orange dressing.
- Refrigerate it for two hours and then serve.
[ Read: Food For Brain Development In Children ]
13. Summertime Fruit Salad:
You can serve this fruit salad for kids with or without dip.
- You need 1 papaya (cubed), 1 mango (cubed), 2 sliced kiwis, 2 segmented oranges, 1 fresh pineapple (cubed), 1 jar of marshmallow fluff, 8 oz package of cream cheese and 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract.
- Gently toss pineapple, kiwis, mango, papaya and oranges in a salad bowl.
- In another bowl, blend marshmallow, cream cheese, and vanilla extract until creamy.
- Serve the salad with a generous topping.
14. Carrot Apple Salad:
It is a sweet and crunchy salad and is a hit across all age groups.
- To prepare this, you will require 4 coarsely grated carrots, 1 apple (cubed), 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts, 1/2 cup of raisins, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 1/4 cup of mayonnaise, 1/4 tablespoon of pepper and salt.
- Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl and stir gently.
- Cool it before serving.
[ Read: Weight Gain Foods For Kids ]
15. Winter Fruit Salad:
Winter fruit salad is a must-have during the bleak weather as it adds a dash of color to your regular family meals.
- To prepare this delicious salad you will need 1/2 cup of mayonnaise,1 teaspoon of lemon zest, 2 teaspoons of honey, 1-1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice, 1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger, 1 Granny Smith apple, 1 Braeburn apple, 1 large pear, 1-1/2 package of baby spinach, 1/3 cup of honey roasted sliced almonds, 4 thick bacon slices and 1/3 cup of sweetened dried cranberries and salt.
- To prepare the dressing, whisk together 3/4 of mayonnaise, lemon juice, lemon zest, honey, ginger and a pinch of salt.
- Add the remaining mayonnaise in a bowl and mix with apple and pear.
- On a serving platter, arrange baby spinach and spread a spoon of apple and pear mixture over the spinach, sprinkle almonds, bacon, and cranberries.
We hope our compiled list will help you select the best fruit salad recipe for kids. If you have more interesting easy & yummy fruit salad recipes for children to make, please share it with other mothers here.
- Top 15 Healthy Recipes For Kids Meals
- Top 20 Bread Recipes For Kids That You Can Try Today
- Top 10 Rice Recipes Your Kids Will Love To Eat
- 5 Easy & Yummy Cookie Recipes For Your Kid
Latest posts by nivedita (see all)
- 15 Healthy And Easy Fruit Salad Recipes For Kids - December 31, 2014
- 5 Safety Measures To Keep TB Infection Away During Pregnancy - September 1, 2014
- 20 Best Gifts For 2 Year Olds - August 20, 2014
- Top 10 Useful Himalaya Baby Products For Your Little Ones - August 2, 2014
- How Does Your Child’s Brain Develop And What Can You Do To Nurture It? - August 1, 2014
- 5 Simple Ways To Teach Your Child About Disabilities - July 17, 2014
- 7 Different Types Of Infant Formula You Should Know About - June 20, 2014
- 10 Best Baby Shower Decoration Ideas You Can Try - June 19, 2014
- Top 10 Chicco Baby Products For Your Little Ones - June 13, 2014
- 6 Useful Checklist For Your Newborn Baby's - May 22, 2014