Does your kid love birds, and have you showed him the different kinds of birds? Are you looking for a step-by-step tutorial on how to draw a bird for kids? If the above sounds like you, consider reading the following post. Here, we look at an easy tutorial on how to draw a bird for kids.
List Of Common Bird Names:
To make this bird-themed activity day even more fun, tell your little one about some common bird names. We list a few here.
- Game Birds
Sit with him and tell him about the structure and differences among these birds.
[ Read: Step By Step Guide To Draw A Penguin ]
How To Draw A Bird For Kids – Step By Step Tutorial:
Now that you know some amazing facts about birds, let’s look at the tutorial for simple bird drawing for kids:
- Draw an oval on a piece of paper.
- Now draw another slightly bigger oval, which overlaps the first oval.
- Erase the overlapping parts, and you would now see the face and body of the bird.
- Now draw a small vertical oval, for the nose.
- Now from the nose, draw two eyes.
- Draw the ears, half circles above the face.
- Draw a wide “v”, to complete the smiling face.
- Draw some hair between the ears.
- Draw a curved line for the wings starting from the end of the face.
- Draw a three from the curved line and join it to the bird’s body.
- Do the same for the other side.
- Time to draw the talons.
- Now draw three small scattered circles inside the wings.
- Draw smaller scattered circles on the body.
- Now color the bird using different shades of yellow and green.
[ Read: Steps To Draw A Frog For Kids ]
Bird Craft Ideas For Kids:
Drawing and craft are ways to help your kid learn more about animals and birds. Sit with him and make him do this easy craft.
Step By Step Tutorial To Making A Turkey With Pouch:
You Will Need:
- Two Paper Plates
- Colored papers or white chart papers and sketch pens/color pencils
- Small envelopes and cards for messages
- Use a deep paper plate on one side and stick a half inverted paper plate on it.
- The above step will make a turkey pouch.
- Trace and cut a small circle out of the chart paper.
- Make eyes Circle and a smaller circle within it.
- Now cut two small triangles, again use one facing top and one facing downward to form a shape of a diamond.
- Stick a small balloon without blowing as a mouth.
- Now trace the kid’s hand and use them as wings.
- Color these wings in different bright colors for that added effect.
[ Read: How To Draw A Fish For Kids ]
Creative activities like drawing help your child’s overall development. It is a fact that your kid will learn more through pictures, and thus all the alphabet books carry pictures on them.
Some Interesting And Fun Facts About Birds:
Before we look at the tutorial, let’s learn some important facts about birds. You can share these incredible facts with your kid while he draws the bird:
- Birds have wings, feathers, and lay eggs.
- There are about 10000 different species of birds across the globe.
- Ostrich is the largest bird known to lay the largest eggs.
- Birds have hollow bones that help them in flying.
- Some species of birds are intelligent enough to use tools and also create them.
- Kiwis are endangered birds that live in New Zealand.
- Humming Birds can fly backward.
- 20% of the Bird species migrate each year.
- Birds like Dove, Love Birds, and Parakeets kept as pets in houses. They enjoy living in pairs.
- A Penguin is the only bird that can swim and not fly. It is also the only bird to walk upright.
- Owls can turn their head up to 360 Degrees. It cannot move its eye, though.
- The first bird that was domesticated by the humans was the Goose.
- Female birds choose their male counterpart depending on how attractive they find them.
- Male birds are more glamorous and have a better voice than the females.
- Kiwi birds are blind and hunt by smell.
- Chickens that lay brown eggs have red ear lobes.
- Crows have the largest brain when compared to the body size of any avian family.
- Mockingbirds can imitate many sounds from a squeaking door to a cat meowing.
[ Read: How To Draw A Dog For Kids ]
Drawing helps a kid to become thoughtful, confident and inquisitive. Do not suggest too many improvements at a time. It might inspire your kid. Use his piece of art on the walls and show him the improvement over a period. If you have more information on bird drawings for kids, please to write to us. You can also share your views on how drawing would improve and help in a kid’s overall development. It will help us make the post better and more informative.
- 8 Step By Step Tutorial For Drawing An Octopus For Your Kids
- 2 Easy Tutorials To Draw A Cow For Kids
- 2 Easy Tutorials To Draw A Car For Your Kid
- How To Draw Cartoons For Kids?
Latest posts by Payal Morjaria (see all)
- Norovirus Infections And Pregnancy - Everything You Should Be Aware Of - November 17, 2015
- How To Get Rid Of Body Odor During Pregnancy? - November 16, 2015
- Marfan Syndrome In Babies - Causes, Symptoms & Treatments - November 4, 2015