Are you looking for ways to acquaint your kid with domestic animals? Is he scribbling yet, and do you want to show him how to draw a cow? If you said yes, then you’ve landed at the right page. Here, we look at how to draw a cow for kids. Learning to draw a cow might sound difficult, but with these simple steps, it becomes rather doable and a lot of fun.
How To Draw A Cow Step By Step Tutorial 1:
Follow these simple steps to draw a cow for kids.
- Start by drawing a small circle for the head and then draw a huge oval for the torso.
- Draw a little smaller circle than the head under the centre of the head. Then roughly sketch the ears. The ears would look like half ovals.
- Now sketch the tail and Draw the legs and the udders.
[ Read: How To Draw A Frog Step By Step ]
- Now the general shapes are ready, and we need to add more details.
- Draw a smaller circle in the eye for the pupil. Draw two smaller circles on the snout, use wavy lines for the hair. Draw horns out of the hair, located right above the ear. And sketch a small bell under the neck, like you, always see.
- Erase all Guidelines from the previous sketch; darken the lines of the head. Draw thick eyebrow, nostrils and pupil. Now draw small lines in the ear for added effect.
- Now repeat the steps for the lower body; darken the lines, draw hooves and a tassel at the end of the tail.
- And now go ahead and color the cow.
How To Draw A Cow Step By Step Tutorial 2:
This is the easier method of cow drawing for kids. Follow the steps to draw a cartoon cow for kids.
- Start by drawing an oval
- Now draw another vertical oval almost starting from the inside of the previous oval. Also draw a curved line to divide the head into two parts.
- Draw the legs, they look like pipes, stuck together.
- Now draw the ears, Ears would look like leaves, draw a curved line inside the ear for the effect.
- Now draw the horns just inside the ears
- Now draw two dots for the eyes and two circles inside the curved line for the nose.
- Now draw small circles inside the pelvis, to give detailing
- Now draw the tail of the cow.
- Now draw the udders
- Color the cow like you see in the picture.
[ Read: How To Draw A Bird Step By Step ]
Interesting Facts about Cows:
Share these interesting facts about cows with your kid, while he draws.
- Cows love their family and like to sleep close to the family. The sleeping order is decided by the cow’s rank in the hierarchy.
- Cows make friends easily and like to spend most of the time with their preferred friends.
- They display emotions and produce more milk when they are treated well.
- They also show their excitement when they are let loose in an open field after a long time.
- They are devoted mothers and walk for miles to find their calves.
- They have a 360-degree vision and can see predators coming from any direction.
- They have an amazing sense of smell and can detect odors up to five miles away.
- Cow’s milk is drunk and is also used to make cheese and other products.
- The cow is also a protected animal in Hinduism and is worshipped. Most Hindus do not eat beef.
- Cows have a stomach with four compartments.
- Cows don’t see red and green color. They are red-green color blind.
[ Read: How To Draw A Penguin Step By Step ]
If you have any other information on how to draw a cow, please write to us below.
- How To Draw A Butterfly Step By Step
- How To Draw A Dog In Easy Steps
- How To Draw A Tiger Step By Step For Kids
- Drawing Ideas, Activities & Projects For Kids