If you want to teach your children about domestic animals and make it fun and engaging, you can start by drawing a cow. We have included steps to help you draw a cow for kids. It might seem a little challenging initially, but it becomes easy and fun to teach and learn if you break the process into easy steps. Drawing is an important skill that allows children to develop fine motor skills and connect between what they see and learn. It also helps them develop their imagination. Therefore, it is a good idea to encourage your children to draw. So, read on to learn more and spend quality time with your child while drawing.
How To Draw A Cow Step By Step Tutorial 1:
Follow these simple steps to draw a cow for kids.
- Start by drawing a small circle for the head and then draw a huge oval for the torso.
- Draw a little smaller circle than the head under the centre of the head. Then roughly sketch the ears. The ears would look like half ovals.
- Now sketch the tail and Draw the legs and the udders.
- Now the general shapes are ready, and we need to add more details.
- Draw a smaller circle in the eye for the pupil. Draw two smaller circles on the snout, use wavy lines for the hair. Draw horns out of the hair, located right above the ear. And sketch a small bell under the neck, like you, always see.
- Erase all Guidelines from the previous sketch; darken the lines of the head. Draw thick eyebrow, nostrils and pupil. Now draw small lines in the ear for added effect.
- Now repeat the steps for the lower body; darken the lines, draw hooves and a tassel at the end of the tail.
- And now go ahead and color the cow.
How To Draw A Cow Step By Step Tutorial 2:
This is the easier method of cow drawing for kids. Follow the steps to draw a cartoon cow for kids.
- Start by drawing an oval
- Now draw another vertical oval almost starting from the inside of the previous oval. Also draw a curved line to divide the head into two parts.
- Draw the legs, they look like pipes, stuck together.
- Now draw the ears, Ears would look like leaves, draw a curved line inside the ear for the effect.
- Now draw the horns just inside the ears
- Now draw two dots for the eyes and two circles inside the curved line for the nose.
- Now draw small circles inside the pelvis, to give detailing
- Now draw the tail of the cow.
- Now draw the udders
- Color the cow like you see in the picture.
Interesting Facts about Cows:
Share these interesting facts about cows with your kid, while he draws.
- Cows love their family and like to sleep close to the family. The sleeping order is decided by the cow’s rank in the hierarchy.
- Cows make friends easily and like to spend most of the time with their preferred friends.
- They display emotions and produce more milk when they are treated well.
- They also show their excitement when they are let loose in an open field after a long time.
- They are devoted mothers and walk for miles to find their calves.
- They have a 360-degree vision and can see predators coming from any direction.
- They have an amazing sense of smell and can detect odors up to five miles away.
- Cow’s milk is drunk and is also used to make cheese and other products.
- The cow is also a protected animal in Hinduism and is worshipped. Most Hindus do not eat beef.
- Cows have a stomach with four compartments.
- Cows don’t see red and green color. They are red-green color blind.
Teaching your child to draw cows is an excellent way to get them excited about farm animals. If your child has mastered drawing the basic version of a cow, you can teach them these complex cow drawings for kids. Although these diagrams start with basic shapes, the results look spectacular. We have simplified the process by breaking down each step to make it easier for them to understand. Let them gain control over one step before you progress to the next one. Since each child learns at their own pace, let them learn as per their comfort levels.