Giraffes are phenomenal creatures. They are the tallest terrestrial animals living on earth and they feed on hundreds of pounds of vegetation every week. If your kids are fascinated by this giant living being, then we are sure they would love to draw a giraffe for their next drawing project.
In this tutorial, MomJunction teaches you an easy way to draw a giraffe in 12 simple steps. Let’s begin.
You will need:
- A drawing paper
- HB pencils
- Non-toxic crayons
- Color pencils
How to draw a giraffe step by step?
Here are 12 easy steps to draw a giraffe.
Step 1: Start by drawing the nose of the giraffe drawing. As illustrated in the image, draw a freehand curvy line, curving slightly inwards at the end.
Step 2: Continuing from the first step, draw an inverted U like shape from the top, which is the horn of the giraffe. Stretch the continuing line at the bottom of the giraffe’s nose till it aligns with the horns.
Step 5: In this step, we draw the body of the giraffe. Doodle a curvy line from the top portion of the neck and stretch it for about two inches. From the bottom of the neck, draw an arch, which is the beginning of giraffe’s stomach.
Step 6: Draw the hind and front legs of the giraffe by doodling a freehand vertical line, joining from the body in step-5. Let the two legs curve around the knees of the giraffe. To draw the feet, extend the two lines into a hook-like shape.
Step 7: As shown in the illustration, draw two lines to complete the legs of the giraffe and join them with a freehand horizontal line in between, to make the stomach. Draw another leg in the front, leaning forward.
Step 8: Complete the front leg and foot as shown in the image. To draw the other hind leg, start sketching a line from the bottom of the stomach and align another line joining from the left hind leg. Follow the detailing of the feet to match with the illustrations.
Step 10: The giraffe’s drawing is incomplete without the beautiful patches. Sketch the patches on the body, covering the neck, face, stomach, legs and the tail.
Step 11: Before you proceed to color your giraffe, check for any changes if required and then finalize the draft.
Step 12: In the final step of this cute giraffe drawing, color the body in yellow shade and patches in hues of brown.
Isn’t this giraffe drawing for kids easy? What other animals do your kids want to learn? Let us know in the comments section below.
Latest posts by Harshita Makvana (see all)
- 15 Best Headphones For Kids To Buy In 2019 - March 6, 2019
- 17 Slokas With Meaning For Children To Memorize - February 28, 2019
- 15 Exciting And Fun Ball Games For Kids - February 27, 2019
- Top 15 Bike Helmets For Kids To Buy In 2019 - February 27, 2019
- 101 Funny And Short Tongue Twisters For Kids - February 26, 2019
- How To Draw A Donkey: A Step-by-Step Process - February 25, 2019
- How To Draw A Giraffe: An Easy Step-By-Step Tutorial - February 25, 2019
- How To Draw A Crab: 10 Easy Steps To Follow - February 25, 2019
- 31 Fun Activities For Couples To Bond - February 21, 2019
- 15 Short Horror Stories For Teenagers - January 31, 2019