Is your kid stocking up on crayons and color pencils? Then you must encourage them to get creative and artistic. Kids can learn very quickly, and if they have already learned drawing fruits, vegetables, and simple objects, it is time for them to learn how to draw a monkey and other animals.
The drawing of a monkey can be quite challenging, especially when you wish to experiment with realistic monkey drawings. For beginners, MomJunction shares an easy way to draw a monkey.
For a cute monkey drawing you will need:
- A drawing paper
- Non-toxic crayons
- Color pencils
How To Draw A Monkey Step By Step:
Let’s learn how to draw a cute monkey.
Step 1: First draw a small freehand circle on the drawing paper. This will be the head of your monkey.
Step 2: As shown in the picture, draw an oval-shaped figure adjoining the circle; it will be the body.
Step 3: Now it’s time to draw the ears of the monkey. Add two small ears by drawing tiny semicircles on both sides of the head.
Step 4: It’s time to draw the tail of your monkey. Draw a swirly long tail or a tilted 9 aligning with the body. To give the tail an effect of depth, draw another tail parallel to the first one. Refer to the illustration below.
Step 5: In this step, we draw the hands of the monkey, which are also the most used parts of their body. Monkeys rely on their hands to swing and move from one place to another. Carefully draw two slanting lines starting from the body and under the head. Give the outer line a bend to show it as an elbow. To complete the hand, draw the fingers of the monkey.
Step 6: As shown in step 5, draw another hand of the monkey. Start from the middle portion of the body and keep both lines folded from the middle. Now draw the fingers and make sure the fingers are slightly long and slim.
Step 7: As illustrated in the image, add the leg to your monkey drawing. Draw a small C starting from the back portion of the body, which is the leg and draw long fingers of the foot.
Step 8: This is the most important step as we now draw the face. Draw the number 3 facing downwards and connect the openings of the digit with a U. Place two dots as the eyes and draw two small circles in the center for the nose of the monkey. Draw a curvy smile to complete the face.
Step 9: Color the body of the monkey in shades of brown. And highlight the body parts in a darker color.
We hope your young artist enjoyed this tutorial on how to draw a monkey. Don’t forget to leave a comment sharing your experience.
Latest posts by Harshita Makvana (see all)
- 15 Short Horror Stories For Teenagers - January 31, 2019
- 201 Fun Truth Or Dare Questions For Couples - January 31, 2019
- 77 Interesting Facts About India - January 31, 2019
- 101 Inspiring Educational Quotes For Kids - January 31, 2019
- 21 Interesting and Short Fairy Tales For Kids - January 31, 2019
- First Year Of Marriage: Why It Is The Hardest And 11 Tips To Make It Better - January 31, 2019
- How To Draw Lotus: Easy Step-By-Step Guide - January 21, 2019
- How To Draw A Monkey: A Step-By-Step Tutorial - January 21, 2019
- How To Draw A Mountain: A Step-By-Step Process - January 17, 2019
- 42 Unique Anniversary Ideas To Make The Day Memorable - December 31, 2018