Is your little one scribbling on walls, and are you looking to introduce him to drawing? Or is he drawing shapes and do you want to show him how to draw a tiger? If these questions are ones you have been pondering over, ponder no more. Read our post below and learn some simple steps on how to draw a tiger for kids.
Drawing plays a significant role in everyone’s life. Most of us spent hours drawing objects, things, trees, etc. during our childhood. Those crayons played the lead role of the visual communicator.
Apart from shapes, kids also learn the use of color and understand how to differentiate between different colors. When it comes to kids, they draw to express what is inside them.
When your kid is drawing a tiger, he is trying to express what he knows about the tiger. It also tells you how a kid feels about a particular animal. Give him time to recall what he knows about the animal, which in turn will extend his concentration skills. Art will help him develop self-confidence and self-esteem.
[ Read: How To Draw A Dog For Kids ]
Remember that each kid’s art is unique, but it follows a universal pattern of development. All kids go through this pattern, but the age at which this happens may differ. The first few years are all about experimenting. You see your kid making all kinds of marks on the paper. Gradually he gets better control over the pencil, and you see him drawing circular patterns. It is now that your child is ready to draw objects like animals, people, and things.
A research says that coloring books might restrict how a kid thinks. If the book shows a tiger in a particular way, the child would want the Tiger to look the same. This is why while we show them pictures of A for Apple and B for a ball when they see the Apple they recollect what it is called. When your kid begins to draw, do not restrict him to coloring books or particular objects. Give him a plain white paper and let him put his drawing skills to the test. After all, the art is about expressing, discovering and imagining.
As parents when you try to draw for your kid, make sure he is 100% involved. If you draw the shape, let them color the tiger to understand the drawing better.
[ Read: Step By Step Guide To Draw A Penguin ]
How To Draw A Tiger For Kids – Stepwise Tutorial:
- Draw a circle for the head and an oval just below the circle for the body. Refer to the picture below to get a better idea.
- Now draw a curved line from the circle for the mouth and two small ears as seen in the picture.
- Time to draw the legs, our tiger is sitting and so follow the picture to draw the legs.
- After legs, it is time for the paws and the tail, also give some detailing to the ears and the mouth.
- Time for more detailing, after which the black and white tiger is almost ready. Draw the stripes on the tail, the leg and the body. Draw some hair from the mouth, finish the mouth and we are done.
- Go ahead and color the tiger. Time to let him show it off to his friends.
[ Read: Steps To Draw A Frog For Kids ]
Interesting Facts About Tigers:
- While your little one draws the tiger, you can tell him some interesting facts about the world’s biggest cat.
- The tiger is a member of the cat family.
- It is the largest wild cat on earth.
- Tigers stretch to 6 feet long and can weigh about 340 kg.
- The roar of a tiger is loud and can be heard even 8 km away.
- Tigers are good swimmers and enjoy the time in water.
- A single tiger when very hungry can eat 30kg of meat at a time.
- Tigers can also be white in color and have black stripes. Popularly known as white or albino tigers.
- Tiger’s favorite food is the deer, pigs; they even eat rhinos and elephants.
- A baby tiger is called a cub; a cub weighs about two pounds.
- A mother tiger typically gives birth to twins or triplets.
[ Read: How To Draw A Fish For Kids ]
Give your kid a variety of items to draw with and to draw on. Give him pens, crayons, watercolors, and brushes. Items like paper, cardboard, boxes, are good places, it would increase their focus, as all these things have different texture and alignment. Use his artwork and display them on walls of their room. The best paper to work on is the one with no lines.
Let him broaden his horizon. You could also take your kid on a drawing trip. Take him to a park and ask him to draw in the sunny weather. Get to know what he thinks about when he draws. Ask him to tell you about the picture and you would be pleasantly surprised to hear where his imagination goes.
Tiger Craft Idea:
To keep your little one’s interesting tiger-day going, you can also consider making some tiger-themed crafts. Follow the steps below for a cute and easy tiger craft idea. Here, we will be making a Bengal tiger out of a paper bag.
You Will Need:
- A brown grocery bag
- Orange marker (crayon)
- Black marker (crayon)
[ Read: Steps To Draw A Tiger For Kids ]
- Measure and cut 5 inches from the bottom of the bag.
- Now, cut the letter “U” from the bottom front and back of the bag.
- Use a marker to draw the paws. Three ovals make the paws
- Use orange color to color the bag and draw black stripes.
- As you did above, draw the tiger’s face
- Use this face and stick it on top of the paper bag.
- Now, your long-standing tiger is ready to use.
When you draw a tiger for kids, ask him to replicate it. It would take him time to perfect it, but keep those papers to note his progress. Save those drawings for years and your kids would love to keep them as a memory. If you have any further information on tiger drawing for kids, please write to us below.
- 8 Step By Step Tutorial For Drawing An Octopus For Your Kids
- How To Draw A Bird For Kids?
- 2 Easy Tutorials To Draw A Car For Your Kid
- How To Draw Cartoons For Kids?
Latest posts by Payal Morjaria (see all)
- Norovirus Infections And Pregnancy - Everything You Should Be Aware Of - November 17, 2015
- How To Get Rid Of Body Odor During Pregnancy? - November 16, 2015
- Marfan Syndrome In Babies - Causes, Symptoms & Treatments - November 4, 2015
- Is It Safe To Take Dandelion Tea During Pregnancy? - November 4, 2015
- Can You Eat Banana While Breastfeeding? - November 3, 2015
- How To Set Boundaries For Teenagers? - October 31, 2015
- Is It Safe To Eat Shrimp When Breastfeeding? - October 31, 2015
- Is It Safe To Drink Chrysanthemum Tea During Pregnancy? - October 29, 2015
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome During Pregnancy - Causes, Symptoms & Complications - October 27, 2015
- The Christmas Story For Kids - Birth Of Jesus Christ - October 25, 2015