Keep your children busy during holidays by helping them make various crafts. Paper baskets are one of the crafts that are easy but fun to make. This will also prepare them for Easter paper basket creation activity.
From a simple construction paper Easter basket to a complex African Tutsi basket, there is a range of baskets to prepare. So, why don’t you teach your children some brilliant paper basket crafts? MomJunction is glad to offer you some help here. Scroll down to learn more:
3 Easy Amazing Ideas On How To Make Paper Basket For Kids:
1. Simple Construction Paper Basket:
You Will Need:
- One sheet of pink construction paper
- A purple construction paper sheet
- A measuring scale
- Mark a column of one-inch width on the pink construction paper, using a measuring scale and pencil, and cut the strip. Mark and cut nine more similar pieces.
- Lay all ten pink paper columns next to one another on a flat table surface.
- Take purple construction paper sheet, and cut similar ten one-inch width strips.
- Weave the ten purple strips over and under the set of the ten pink paper columns leaving out one-inch long strips unwoven on all the four sides.
- After weaving the colorful strips, you will have a flat purple and pink checked mat.
- Gather all one-inch pieces present on one side (say pink) and staple them together. Follow the same for the rest three edges.
- Cut out one long pink strip and staple it between two opposite purple colored sides creating a pink handle. Follow the same with the purple strip and make a purple handle which crosses the pink strip.
- Finally, use one pink and one purple strip, create a bow, and staple it on the top of the purple and pink handles and secure them. It is an amazing paper basket craft for kids to make during their leisure time.
[ Read: Paper Cup Crafts For Kids ]
2. Berry Basket Paper Craft:
You Will Need:
- A plastic berry basket
- Colorful construction paper, yellow, green, and pink papers
- Measuring tape
- Tissue paper
- Provide your kid a plastic berry basket, colorful construction paper sheets, measuring tape, and scissors, and help her measure and cut out several colorful strips of paper as wide as the holes in the basket.
- Weave the colorful paper strips in and out of the holes in the basket. Use glue and secure one paper piece to another. Trim the excess of paper.
- Cut a one-inch wide paper strip to create a handle of the basket. Secure one end of the paper strip to one side of the basket using a stapler and attach another end to the opposite side.
- Make one paper bow and glue it to the top of the basket handle.
- Line your paper basket with soft tissue paper and fill it with berries or any goodies.
[ Read: Paper Folding Crafts For Kids ]
3. Paper Cup Egg Basket Craft:
You Will Need:
- One colorful paper cup, say yellow paper cup
- Yellow construction paper
- Yellow ribbon
- An egg
- Provide your kid a yellow paper cup and scissors and help her cut triangles out of the open rim of the cup.
- Cut out a one-inch yellow strip out of the construction paper and secure its one end on a top side of the container and another end on the opposite side at the top creating the handle of the basket.
- Make two bows out of the yellow ribbons, staple them at the ends of the handle of the basket as a decoration, and the paper cup basket is ready.
- Place an egg in the paper basket. This is must to try paper basket making for kids.
[ Read: Paper Cutting Crafts For Kids ]
Do you know any other ways of making different paper baskets? Have you tried teaching them to your kids? How did they like them? Share your ideas and opinions with us in the comment section below.
- 10 Funtastic Tissue Paper Crafts For Kids
- 10 Easy Plate Craft Ideas For Your Kids
- Top 10 Paper Animal Crafts For Kids
- How To Make Paper Flowers For Kids?