If you wish to know how to make a paper basket with handle, we can help you. Paper baskets with handles are really easy to make, and they look cute, especially if you need a basket to carry Easter eggs. These are perfect for kids who can use this to store or carry daily use objects. And isn’t it much better than plastic? Of course! So, to help you teach your kids to create art and craft with paper, especially to make utility stuff like baskets, we present you with some interesting paper basket craft ideas.
3 Easy Amazing Ideas OnÂ How To Make Paper Basket For Kids
1. Simple Construction Paper Basket:
You Will Need:
- One sheet of pink construction paper
- A purple construction paper sheet
- A measuring scale
- Mark a column of one-inch width on the pink construction paper, using a measuring scale and pencil, and cut the strip. Mark and cut nine more similar pieces.
- Lay all ten pink paper columns next to one another on a flat table surface.
- Take purple construction paper sheet, and cut similar ten one-inch width strips.
- Weave the ten purple strips over and under the set of the ten pink paper columns leaving out one-inch long strips unwoven on all the four sides.
- After weaving the colorful strips, you will have a flat purple and pink checked mat.
- Gather all one-inch pieces present on one side (say pink) and staple them together. Follow the same for the rest three edges.
- Cut out one long pink strip and staple it between two opposite purple colored sides creating a pink handle. Follow the same with the purple strip and make a purple handle which crosses the pink strip.
- Finally, use one pink and one purple strip, create a bow, and staple it on the top of the purple and pink handles and secure them. It is an amazing paper basket craft for kids to make during their leisure time.
2. Berry Basket Paper Craft:
You Will Need:
- A plastic berry basket
- Colorful construction paper, yellow, green, and pink papers
- Measuring tape
- Tissue paper
- Provide your kid a plastic berry basket, colorful construction paper sheets, measuring tape, and scissors, and help her measure and cut out several colorful strips of paper as wide as the holes in the basket.
- Weave the colorful paper strips in and out of the holes in the basket. Use glue and secure one paper piece to another. Trim the excess of paper.
- Cut a one-inch wide paper strip to create a handle of the basket. Secure one end of the paper strip to one side of the basket using a stapler and attach another end to the opposite side.
- Make one paper bow and glue it to the top of the basket handle.
- Line your paper basket with soft tissue paper and fill it with berries or any goodies.
3. Paper Cup Egg Basket Craft:
You Will Need:
- One colorful paper cup, say yellow paper cup
- Yellow construction paper
- Yellow ribbon
- An egg
- Provide your kid a yellow paper cup and scissors and help her cut triangles out of the open rim of the cup.
- Cut out a one-inch yellow strip out of the construction paper and secure its one end on a top side of the container and another end on the opposite side at the top creating the handle of the basket.
- Make two bows out of the yellow ribbons, staple them at the ends of the handle of the basket as a decoration, and the paper cup basket is ready.
- Place an egg in the paper basket. This is must to try paper basket making for kids.
Teach your child how to make paper baskets with handles using these easy ideas. These are fun and require minimal tools to create. So go ahead, introduce these ideas, and spend some quality fun time with your children. Encourage your children to be creative and economical and teach them the importance of recycling with these craft ideas. These will help you keep them away from screens and engage in something productive while creating a multi-purpose and colorful basket to carry their toys around.