If you are going through a break-up but still thinking about getting back with your ex, you may have conflicting thoughts—on the one hand, you long for their presence, try to call them, or text them, and on the other hand, you want them to miss you first.
You would like to know if they are missing you or wish to renew your romantic relationship. So, how do you make that work? There are ways that can give you some success. Remember, take these steps only when you see your ex reciprocating those feelings; getting obsessed or desperate may lead to more heartache.
Read this post to know how you can make your ex long for you, miss you, and regret losing you.
20 Ways To Make Your Ex Miss You
- Do not initiate contact: It is rightly said that distance makes the heart grow fonder. Therefore, avoid initiating contact with your ex. If you are too eager and quick to talk to them or see them, it will send a message that you miss them more, which you wouldn’t want to convey. Give them time and a chance to miss you.
- Do not respond to texts or calls: It a tried and tested rule for many. Hold yourself while responding to their calls or texts within the first initial weeks. They may try to get in touch to ease the pain of breaking up with you. Make that waiting period longer to give them a chance to revisit the past.
- Take a vacation: Go on a holiday or take a break. This will ensure that you not only get time for yourself, but also avoid running into your ex in the same city.
- Give yourself time: After a break-up, do not let situations take control of you. Take a step back and pull yourself together. Give yourself time to heal, especially if you want to get back together. Recuperate yourself and think about your relationship from a newer perspective.
- Avoid stalking your ex: In the world of social media, it might not be difficult to know what your ex is up to. That said, avoid the urge to know about your ex’s whereabouts or the friends they are mingling with. Succumbing to the temptation will make you look desperate and take away the time and space you need.
- Do not overexpress yourself: Do not pour your heart out on social media where your ex can track your activities. In fact, avoid talking about your break up at all in the virtual world. The inactivity and silence from your side will surely make them wonder.
- Meet new people: Meeting new people and making new friends will bring confidence and give you a chance to outgrow yourself. This will also show that you are capable of creating your own social circle. And guess what! It could give you a break from people you would want to avoid.
- Explore the dating world: Break-up doesn’t mean you need to stop going out. Go on dates with other people. When your ex learns that you are making progress and having fun, they will think about you and the time you spent together.
- Follow your interests: This trick will add new dimensions to your personality, and you will learn more about yourself. Your ex will miss you when they realize that you are having fun picking up a hobby and enjoying yourself.
- Pamper yourself: Focus on yourself, and take care of yourself. Instead of caving into your emotions and indulging in junk, comfort food, make healthy food and lifestyle choices. When you feel good about yourself, it shows in your personality, and your ex will be drawn to you.
- Try a new look: Why not reinvent yourself and try something new? You do not need to change your wardrobe completely or go for a total makeover. Simpler things and small changes can give you more confidence, which can make your ex miss you more.
- Do not lose yourself: When you do initiate contact with your ex, be yourself. If you happen to meet somehow, be calm and polite. This will show your ex that you are not affected by the break-up and have found your peace.
- Try a simple text: If you want to start contact again, a text is the best option. It will not only help you avoid awkward conversations or silences, but also give your ex enough time to respond. A neutral text is a good initiating gesture. For instance, you could text, “Hey, I learned there is a sequel to your favorite movie in progress. It reminded me how much you loved the first part. Just thought of you when I got to know.”
- Make contact comfortable, not awkward: When you and your ex catch up after a long gap, make sure the text or call makes you both feel comfortable. Talk about general things like music or shows that you both enjoy.
- Initiate a good conversation: When talking, make sure not to dwell on bad or regretful moments of the past. Instead, talk about the good times you shared—the time you tried a fun adventure, went on a vacation, booked a fancy restaurant, etc. It could make your ex feel nostalgic.
- Be the person you were: When you happen to meet your ex, be the person you were when your ex fell in love with you. Seeing the old you may sway their feelings and emotions. However, this tip may depend on how you were when you were dating and how much you changed over the course of your relationship.
- Be cool: This is a mantra for many. Even after you both have initiated contact, avoid obsessing about meeting or communicating with them. Remind them why they fell for you, but also give them space to miss you back.
- Don’t be an attention seeker: Avoid begging for attention—do not do something just to make your ex feel jealous. Even if you wish to grab his attention, do not make it an overt and desperate act. For instance, unless you are comfortable going out on dates, do not go just to make it apparent to your ex.
- Talk about new things in your life: Show them how you have evolved and tried new things. Give them a snapshot of people you met, or hobbies you took up. You can send a simple, subtle text or share your escapades on social media. Let them occasionally know what you have been doing.
- Show care but not always: Express your affection but in a subtle way. Wish them on their birthday or Christmas or get them a card. Do not go all out! These small gestures will let them know that they still hold a special place in your life.
Take your time to get back into the relationship. Enjoy the entire process, and do not let it take over your life. When reconnecting with your ex, make the experience enjoyable for both of you. When you miss them, and they reciprocate your feelings, put your best foot forward.