INTP (Introverted, Intuitive, Thinking, Perceptive) and INFJ (Introverted, Intuitive, Feeling, and Judging) are two rare personality types of the 16 available personality types. If you are an INTP and your partner is an INFJ or vice versa, you may be interested in learning about INTP and INFJ compatibility.
Albert Einstein, a German scientist, and Charles Darwin, a British naturalist, were INTP personalities, whereas Plato, a Greek philosopher, and Leo Tolstoy, a Russian writer, were INFJ personalities.
Individuals from both of these personality types are known for their logical, intellectual, and inquisitive natures, and they look for meaning in things like events, relationships, and thoughts.
The Myers-Briggs personality type indicator is a test that can be used to categorize people’s personalities and has determined introversion and intuition as two main characteristics shared by both INTP and INFJ personalities.
This post discusses some reasons why INTP and INFJ make a compatible pair.
What Are INFJ And INTP Personalities Like?
INTP personality types are logical because of their reserved and analytical nature. They like to spend solitary time thinking about problems and come up with the best possible solutions. They like to live in their world instead of the external world. They are flexible and adaptable and can always learn new ideas.
Also known as ‘advocate’ or ‘idealist’, people with INFJ personality types have a caring and gentle nature. They are creative people who seek far-reaching meaning in interpersonal relationships and the material world. They are insightful and often think about the meaning and purpose of life. They are rare, constituting less than 3% of the world’s population.
What Makes An INTP and INFJ Click?
Even though both personality types are introverted and intuitive, what sets them apart is people with INTP personalities think logically, while those with INFJ traits think emotionally. It is not that INTPs do not have emotions. They prefer analyzing situations from different angles instead of making decisions based on emotions. Similarly, INFJs do not lack logic, but their compassionate nature makes them more dependent on their feelings.
What makes INTP attractive to INFJ is creativity and humanitarianism. They also appreciate the ability to think out of the box. INFJs are naturally attracted to intelligence, which is why they are attracted to INTP.
Both of them have a strong interest in art and like to cultivate multiple hobbies. They enjoy each other’s unique perspectives, enriching their lives and making them more fulfilling.
5 Reasons Why INTP And INFJ Make A ‘Golden Pair’
INTP and INFJ together are called the ‘golden pair’. Here are some reasons that make the INTP and INFJ couple compatible.
- They balance the relationship: If an INTP and INFJ become a couple, they can keep the relationship balanced. For instance, when an INFJ person tends to wander in their romantic world, an INTP partner can bring them back to reality because they are not easily affected. Similarly, when the person with an INTP personality becomes too practical dealing with other people, the INFJ partner will adopt more sensitive and humane methods to refresh their perspective.
- Both are introverted and intuitive: Their introverted and intuitive nature helps them enjoy similar activities, such as long and in-depth conversations, learning new things, exploring different ideas, and so on. They like to share thoughts and ideas. Discussing abstract ideas may bore others, but not this couple. They can spend several hours discussing various aspects of it.
- They understand each other: Since both are reserved, they understand each other’s need to spend time alone. They understand the complex thinking process when looking for ideas. They will be happy to maintain a long-distance relationship because they happily share each other’s daily activities.
- Both are rare personalities: INTP and INFJ make up a small part of the world’s population. This is why the opportunity for them to meet is rare. However, when they meet, they feel like they have met someone who knows them and can establish a deep connection.
- Both can help develop a comprehensive approach: Since both have different perspectives, they can benefit from a comprehensive strategy for any situation. They are open to different and unique ideas, and there is a lot to learn from each other. Their love for art, culture, and science will help them enjoy common activities. As they are introverted they can give each other ample time to understand each other without being impulsive.
4 Challenges INTP and INFJ A Couple Faces
Even if it is considered a perfect match, this rare couple may have its problems and challenges. Here are some possible reasons for friction between these two personalities.
- Difference in motivations: As a couple, they may be equally interested in innovation and change, but the reasons behind them are different. INTPs pay attention to scientific development to improve living standards or increase business prospects. But for INFJ people, change and advancement should help make the world a better place and eliminate social evils. The difference in the approach may lead to conflicts between the two.
- Emotional disconnect: Although both partners can have in-depth conversations, INTP’s conversations revolve around intellectual topics, while INFJ’s may want to discuss more emotional issues. INFJ may ask their partner to share their inner feelings more openly, while INTPs may avoid these topics due to lack of interest and expressing emotional feelings. This may make the partner with the INFJ personality resentful of the INTP.
- Difference in priorities: As partners, you may prioritize different things in your life, leading you to take a different path. For instance, INFJs can be ambitious and do not mind moving places to achieve career success. An INTP person may prefer to enjoy the moment and choose to go with the flow. They are not lazy or unmotivated. They value freedom and flexibility.
- Difference in lifestyle: INFJs like to follow their plans, while INTPs have a more relaxed way of doing things. INFJs wish their partner to be organized, while INTPs want their partner to be spontaneous. This difference in daily habits and routine may lead to frequent arguments and conflicts.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do you know if an INTP likes you?
Here are a few signs that an INTP likes you:
- Pays more attention to you.
- Makes an effort to know you better.
- Responds to replies and texts fairly quickly.
- Tries to spend more time with you.
- Flirts with you.
- Wants to know more about your likes and dislikes.
2. How do you tell if an INFJ likes you?
Signs that a person belonging to the INFJ personality type likes you are:
- They will share secrets and personal information with you.
- They will look nervous and awkward around you.
- They will find ways to stay connected to you.
- They will compliment you.
- They will let their guard down around you.
INTP and INFJ compatibility can be strong with their equally introverted and intuitive nature. However, like every other couple, they too may experience certain problems in their relationship with each other due to factors such as different priorities or lifestyles. But this ‘golden pair’ can overcome their differences with their understanding towards each other and mutual compromise. Also, their shared interests in various fun activities can keep the partnership exciting and delightful.
Infographic: Compatibility Between INFJ And INTP Personality People
Wondering what would happen if two rare personalities came together into a relationship? Their shared interests and traits may make them a power couple. But the relationship, just like any other, can also come with a few challenges. Learn more about this unique combination and its degree of compatibility through this infographic.
Illustration: MomJunction Design Team
- INTP personalities think logically, whereas INFJ personalities are more emotional. However, they bond over their mutual interest in creativity.
- Both personalities are introverted and intuitive, and hence they may make a great couple.
- Due to emotional disconnect and differences in priorities, they may face challenges, but they understand each other, which helps them strike a balance.