The Hanukkah celebrations are marked with lots of decorations. There is a lot to design and develop to create the best of the Festival of Lights and Feast of Dedication.
It’s even more fun with children, as together you can create beautiful decorations. This will be a great way to educate them about the culture and also engage them in some interesting activities.
What Is Hanukkah Festival?
Hanukkah is a lesser known Jewish festival. It starts from the 25th day of Kislev (in December) and goes on for eight days. The festival commemorates the rededication of the temple in 165 BC by the Maccabees after its ruin by Syrians. Eight lights are successively kindled to mark the same.
Top 10 Hanukkah Crafts And Activities For Kids:
Here is a list of the easiest and the best Hanukkah craft ideas for kids that will help teach your little one all about the traditions of Hanukkah:
1. Hanukkah Menorah:
Hanukkah Menorah holds the nine candles of Hanukkah and is rather easy to make.
- Take an empty toilet paper tube and wrap it with white wrapping paper.
- Also, repeat the same with another tube.
- Now, insert the candle into one tube and glue colorful sequins onto it.
- Use cupcake cups to immerse at the bottom and band it with a rubber band.
- Take a long box and wrap it with colorful wrapping paper.
- Glue the adorned candle onto the box and fit the other eight candles around it.
- Cut glossing papers of reddish, orange-ish and yellow colors to fit on top of the candles as the flame.
- Congratulations! Your Hanukah Menorah is ready!
2. Hanukkah Tree:
A beautiful Hanukkah tree can add wonder to the festival of lights.
- Take old branches and fit as many twigs on it as you want.
- Wrap them with golden colored paper or use spray paint.
- Add glitzy sequins, painted shiny foil and ornamental Dreidels.
- Hang as many golden covered little boxes you can on your glamorous Hanukkah Tree.
- Also, cut out the Felt ornamental shapes and let your little one sprinkle his/her artistic talents around it with pom-poms, sequins or glitters.
3. Star Of David:
You can make as many as you want, with the following simple steps.
- Glue three Popsicle sticks into triangular shapes.
- Make another set.
- Glue them both like a star.
- Now, glitter them up with sequins, color sprinklers or paint
- Hang them up with satin ribbons.
[ Read: Tin Can Crafts ]
4. Sparkling Snow-Flakes:
White snowflakes indeed look serene, how about adding a little sparkle to them?
- Take two pipe cleaners and split them in half.
- Take another color pipe cleaner, and twist it around the center.
- Take another set and curl them to poke as many legs as possible for your snowflakes.
- Curl them around in such a way that they poke their legs into two directions.
- Use different colored pipe cleaners to make attractive snowflakes.
- Push colorful beads on each leg to make them more attractive.
[ Read: Kids Cutting Activities ]
5. Hanukkah Sparkling Card:
Creative handmade cars are a best option to offer near and dear ones. If that is made by your darling, it adds to the charm!
- Use a sheet of aluminum or metallic paper (make sure that either is super glossy)
- Stick them up on a stiff cardboard.
- Decorate them with Felt ribbons adorned with glitters and sequins to produce different sets of sparkly, amazing Hanukkah cards.
6. Dreidels to Eat:
Yummy dreidels are a must during Hanukkah.
- Take the poking side of a chocolate kiss and push down a jumbo marshmallow on it.
- Now, eat your homemade edible Dreidels.
- Also, ask your kids to decorate it with frostings and attractive edible colorful garnishes.
- Make as many as you want and let your kids design it uniquely each time.
[ Read: How To Make Easy Paper Flowers For Kids ]
7. Hanukkah Poems:
It’s always alluring to write something different in the cards given to your close ones. A poem can be a better choice.
- Ask your kids to stick them up on the Sparkling Hanukkah cards.
- Now, let them hang it all around the house.
[ Read: Christmas Tree Crafts ]
8. Hanukkah Quiz:
A quiz competition can be a good to play during the festival evening.
- Include the set of words like Dreidel, candle, menorah, latkes, wick, middle, nine, eight, lights, and clay as part of the Hanukkah quiz.
- In addition, make your kid and his or her friends check their memory by writing down any ten items and its uses or importance during Hanukkah.
9. Hanukkah Wreath:
A welcome wreath can be a good start to the festival.
- Take a rope and string it around flexible metallic rods.
- Cover it up with colorful or glossy clothes of different fabric.
- Let your kids design the wreath with flowers or artificial goodies, beads or Dreidels.
- Make them sparkle it up as well.
- Hang it around the house entrance to welcome all.
[ Read: House Crafts For Kids ]
10. Hanukkah Gifts:
Gifts, is a traditions of giving and receiving love from near and dear ones.
- Make your little ones make anything a part of the Hanukkah Gifts.
- Ask them to create small beautiful gift cards to be glued on the gift boxes.
- You can help your darling in packing gifts as well.
Let the festival of lights be bright and unforgettable to your kids and yourself, making these interesting Hanukah inspired activities. Make sure to merge up the ideas given above to create more sparkles to your home.
Try these fun projects on each night of eight days to enjoy the fun and the culture of the Bright and Lovely Hanukkah. Feel free to share your thoughts and ideas on these Hanukkah crafts for kids to make with us.
- 10 Amazing Fall Craft Ideas To Keep Your Kids Busy This Holiday Season
- 10 Easy And Exciting Plate Craft Ideas For Your Kids
- 10 Cool House Crafts That Will Keep Your Kid Busy
- 10 Interesting Christmas Tree Crafts For Your Kids
Latest posts by Shahida (see all)
- Is It Safe To Wear A Bra During Pregnancy? - June 30, 2017
- Top 10 Hanukkah Crafts And Activities For Kids - August 2, 2014
- Is It Safe To Use A Mobile Phone During Pregnancy? - July 9, 2014
- Is It Safe To Consume Evening Primrose Oil During Pregnancy? - July 2, 2014
- 10 Super-Spooky Ghost Stories For Your Kids - June 30, 2014
- 6 Best Healthy And Nutritional Snacks For Preschoolers - June 27, 2014
- 10 Beautiful Places To Enjoy With Your Kids In India - June 6, 2014
- 10 Effective Measures To Prevent Itching During Pregnancy - June 6, 2014
- Top 11 Baby Hair Oils That Work Wonders - June 2, 2014
- Top 10 Healthy Foods To Gain Weight For Kids - May 31, 2014