There are several international schools in Hyderabad, and it’s hard to choose the right one for your child. We are here to help you. International schools are gaining popularity with world-class amenities and holistic education like never before. Being one of the up-and-coming IT hubs of the country, Hyderabad has upped its game in boosting education by providing attractive educational opportunities for children. Moreover, Hyderabad caters to Indian and international students, making it a preferred city for Indian families (and NRIs) to settle in.
If you are looking for the right international school for your child, you have come to the right place. We have compiled a list of the best international schools for your children in Hyderabad so they can have a successful future.
15 Best International Schools In Hyderabad
1. Indus International School
The school is located in Mokila village, Shankarpally, Hyderabad. Established in 2008, the school is listed in the top 10 international boarding and day schools in India by Education World.
- Follows the International Baccalaureate (IB) curriculum. Equal encouragement is given to arts, music, dance and sports.
- The school has incorporated a first of its kind, Indus Leadership Curriculum, which includes subjects like biotechnology, graphics, internet, ecology, and entrepreneurship.
- Strong future orientation and training is given to each child to the school to help them understand the many emerging technologies of today and also their pitfalls.
- Community based programs are integrated as part of the curriculum that helps inculcate strong values, compassion and empathy in the students of the school.
- This leading international school in Hyderabad has boarding facilities, sports ground, indoor stadium, swimming pool and horse riding arena.
- Wi-Fi connectivity throughout the entire campus is yet another tech feature that makes this school on par with international standards.
- The cultural block houses dance studios, art and music rooms and an open amphitheater. It also has hi-tech classrooms equipped with smart boards, LCD monitors, and desktops to foster multicultural awareness in an interactive manner.
Survey No. 424 & 425 Kondakal Village,
Near Mokila, Shankarpally Mandal,
Rangareddy, Hyderabad, Telangana 501203
2. Oakridge, Newton International School
The school is located in Gachibowli, Hyderabad. Considered one of the largest IB schools in India, Oakridge aims to prepare the students for domestic as well as international competition by providing quality education at par with global standards. The school has another branch in Bachupally, Hyderabad, Oakridge Einstein.
- The school follows an international curriculum. It provides both IB and CBSE curricula, along with a host of co-curricular activities for the all-around development of students.
- Sports and arts, such as basketball, swimming, skating, athletics, theater, dance, and music get equal limelight here.
- The instructional methods are easy to follow and flexible.
- The school also engages in MUN, Ted talks, financial intelligence classes, and summer camps conducted by professors from IVY league colleges.
- The school has well-lit classrooms, hi-tech science laboratories, a well-stocked library, a large playground, and a swimming pool within the 5.11-acre campus.
- A large auditorium and ample space to learn and indulge in various art forms are yet another USP of this school that strives to provide and foster a quality international education system for its students.
Khajaguda, Nanakramguda, Cyberabad,
Gachibowli, Hyderabad, Telangana 500008
3. Chirec International School
A sprawling campus in Kondapur, Hyderabad, Chirec International started over two decades ago and is ever-growing. One of the top schools in Hyderabad, it also has a campus in Gachibowli and a branch in Jubilee Hills – an exclusive for pre-primary students.
Education World ranks this school as the best among the best! It ranked as the first best CBSE school in Hyderabad and Telengana in 2015. That is not all! This progressive school also ranked 3rd among the many international schools in the state.
- The school follows CBSE, IB, and Cambridge curricula. Sports, arts, music and dance are part of the school activities.
- Corporate internships and science research internships are also part of the curriculum aiming to impart an international perspective of education to students. The school believes strongly that every student should be given the opportunity to excel in what he is good at.
- No end of term evaluation till grade 5 allows each child to bloom without the pressure of examinations. The school believes strongly that every student is unique, and the staff goes out of the way to help each child unleash his hidden potentials.
- Large and airy class rooms allow each student the space to learn and explore without feeling stifled.
- The well fitted laboratories are equipped to handle International level curriculum up to grade XII
- State-of-the-art facilities for sports, arts, and fine arts make this school unique and ideal for parents wanting their children to acquire an international experience. The school also has day care facilities for children of working parents who attend the day school.
Plot No. 962, Road No. 48, Jubilee Hills,
Hyderabad, Telangana 500033
4. The Aga Khan Academy
Aga Khan Academy lies in the midst of a 100 acre campus off Rajiv Gandhi International Airport road, Hyderabad. This residential school is ranked one of the best in Hyderabad.
- The school follows the IB curriculum. It also gives equal value to sports, arts and fine arts. Academics and co-curricular activities go hand in hand, stressing on the overall growth of students at this school that follows a very modern approach.
- The IB curriculum is a multi-disciplinary program that fosters intellectual curiosity with a sense of social consciousness. It also encourages creativity and develops leadership qualities in the students.
- The campus has hi tech junior school and senior school classrooms, science and computer labs, and state of the art libraries.
- Sports facilities include a swimming pool, gym, indoor and outdoor sports courts. Separate sections for arts, music and dance are provided for.
- The campus also houses separate residential buildings, for boys and girls.
- The health center has 12 beds with a full time nurse.
Survey No: 1/1, Hardware Park, Maheshwaram Mandal,
R.R. District, Hyderabad, Telangana 500005
5. Kennedy High – The Global School
The school is located in Miyapur, Hyderabad. The spacious 5-acre campus is ranked one of the best residential schools in the state.
- This best international school in Hyderabad is global in the true sense of the word. The curriculum is well thought of and aims towards the wholesome development of every student.
- The school has both CBSE and IGCSE curriculum. Students are given extensive coaching right from grade 6 to prepare them for competitive exams like IIT and AIEEE.
- The school has large and airy smart classrooms, with interactive boards.
- The highlight of the campus is the new animation studio, which brings together text, audio, video, graphics and animation.
- Music, dance, drama and arts find an equal dais here.
- Sports facilities are also on par with most international schools. The campus houses the residential buildings with all modern amenities.
Survey No. 499/A, IDA Bollaram X Road,
Miyapur-Medchal Highway, Bachupally,
Hyderabad, Telangana 500090
6. Johnson Grammar School
The school lies in Habsiguda, Hyderabad. Established in 1979, this school has a long-standing reputation as one of the best in the state. It is the first school in India accredited with ISO 9002 certification.
- The school has a CISCE (New Delhi) curriculum but recently has begun providing IB curriculum to XI and XII grades.
- Dance, drama, music and art are an integral part of the school curriculum along with equal attention given to sports
- The day school has a large outdoor sports area that holds a basketball court, and volleyball and football grounds. It also has a large play area for pre-primary kids.
- The school boasts of a well-stocked library of over 7,000 books.
- Modern science and computer lab, activity rooms, spacious classrooms are other highlights of this school.
12-10-590/109, Warasiguda, Hyderabad, Telangana 500061
7. Rockwell International School
This Jubilee Hill campus is in the heart of the city, near Cyber city. The day cum residential school was established in 2009.
- The school follows both CBSE and IGSCE curriculum, allowing parents to choose a curriculum of their choice.
- Co-curricular activities include vocal music, western and classical dance, art and craft and drama. These expose students to international culture.
- Sports activities including gymnastics and Taekwondo among other regular sports like football, basketball and hockey.
- The entire campus is Wi-Fi enabled, and classrooms are large and airy while being equipped with the latest technology such as smart boards, multimedia desktops and LCD monitors.
- Digitally enabled library, well-equipped science and computer lab, separate sections for art, dance and music. Indoor and outdoor sports areas spread across 3 acres, a green patch for gardening.
- The campus also houses the residential blocks and a cooking unit that caters to the food and to students who attend the boarding school.
Plot No. 727, Road No. 36, Jubilee Hills,
Hyderabad, Telangana 500033
8. Manthan International School
This is a good good international schools in Hyderabad. The Madhapur campus was opened in 2009, offers classes from Nursery – Grade VII, while the Gachibowli campus established in 2014 offers runs classed up to Grade 12.
- This is one of the top international schools in Hyderabad that offers CBSE and Cambridge Curriculum for lower classes, while the IGCSE curriculum is offered as an option for XI and XII grades. Even the CBSE curriculum follows the international teaching methods of the Cambridge curriculum.
- Extra-curricular activities and sports also given equal importance and children good at sports are given the encouragement they deserve.
- Smart classes are an integral part of the school and state of the art auditoriums and practice rooms are provided for music, art and dance.
- Indoor and outdoor sports areas; library, science, math and computer labs are well planned.
- Large theatre and gymnasiums are other highlights of the school.
1150, Ayyappa Society Main Road,
Madhapur, Hyderabad, Telangana 500081
9. The Jain International School (VIBGYOR High)
Medchal Highway, Hyderabad. Recently acquired by the VIBGYOR High chain of schools, this school lies amidst a lush green 10-acre campus.
- The school follows the CBSE curriculum from Junior Kindergarten to class XI. Post school activities conducted give students all round exposure and foster the creative streak in them.
- The curriculum is designed by leading academicians and subject matter experts keeping in mind that no two children are equal. The teaching at the school is made interactive and fun, allowing each child to learn and evolve at their pace.
- The syllabus pattern includes three languages, Hindi, French, and Telugu apart from the English.
- Extra-curricular activities like music, theatre and dance are part of the well thought curriculum.
- Sports include, skating, aerobics, gymnastics among many others and children are allowed to choose and excel in a sport of their choice.
- The sprawling campus has large air-conditioned classrooms with modern teaching aids. It has well-defined areas for arts and fine arts and library.
- Separate well equipped labs for physics, chemistry, biology and computers, playground with swimming pool and skating rink, are other features of this school that caters to the growing needs of today’s children.
- World class boarding facilities with separate hostels for boys and girls available.
Survey No 349/364, Medchal Highway, Kallakal Village,
Behind Kallakal Bus Stop, Toopran Mandal,
NH-7, Medchal, Hyderabad – 501401.
10. Niraj International School
One of The top international schools in Hyderabad is located on Medchal Road, Secundrabad. Established in 2009, the school has classes from Kindergarten to grade X.
- IB curriculum from Nursery to class V, CBSE from class VI-X. The school believes in high quality international education steeped in Indian values.
- The school brings together some of the best practices employed in the field of education and blends them with a well-planned curriculum that empowers every child to become a winner.
- Sports and co-curricular activities are a vital part of the curriculum here. Robotics and astronomy are special attractions that promote international learning.
- The serene ambience of this school that spans over 7 acres is the highlight of this world class institution.
- Classrooms are Wi-Fi enabled with computers and projectors in each class. Library and separate labs for physics, chemistry and biology.
- Sports are given equal importance and children are allowed access to an indoor basketball court, elevated jogging track, and large cricket and tennis courts.
- Jungle gym and two play areas are made exclusive for the pre-primary section.
132,133, Kandlakoya, 5KM After Dola-RI-Dhani,
Hyderabad, Telangana 500014
11. Glendale Academy
The school is located near Sun City, Hyderabad. The green campus with airy classrooms and well planned infrastructure has established itself as one of the leading institutions of education.
- Follows CBSE curriculum from kindergarten up to Grade XII. The scientifically designed curriculum and well trained staff make this school a conducive environment for inquisitive children.
- Linguistic intelligence is improved through fun based activities like story-telling, poetry and creative writing.
- The school upholds the importance of physical education and arts and craft.
- Arts, dance and music, are promoted, and physical education includes skating, karate, swimming and other outdoor sports. The school also stresses on Yoga and meditation as part of the curriculum.
- The school houses well equipped classrooms and labs for chemistry, physics, math and biology.
- There are separate well-stocked libraries for the junior and senior wing
- The large campus also houses exclusive studios for art, dance and music.
- The campus has separate courts for basketball and volleyball. The skating rink, swimming pool, and beautiful gardens tended by the Eco Club of the school are other highlights of this school that offer a great international environment to students.
Beside Sun City, Artillery Centre Gate,
Hyderabad, Telangana 500091
12. Sancta Maria International School
The school is located in Serilingampally, Hyderabad. Established under the aegis of St. Mary’s Educational Society with a long-standing contribution to education, Sancta Maria International has earned a reputation for itself. Spread over a campus of 5 acres the eco-friendly school strives to impart quality international education and holistic development to each student.
- The school follows the IGCSE system of education from Nursery- XII grade. The school follows a well-tailored program that engages all eight bits of intelligence of the child and empowers their specific interests.
- Equal stress is given to dance, drama and music.
- Students can choose a musical instrument of their choice from the 4th grade each child and extensive training is given, to enhance their interests.
- Sports activities are offered by specialized trainers not only for students but also for parents, after-school hours and on weekends.
- Spacious, well planned classrooms, sports areas – indoor and outdoor, separate play areas for the junior wing, studios for dance, music and art, a huge amphitheater are just a few of the highlights of the school’s facilities.
- The school also provides day care facilities for kids of working parents.
Survey No. 106/107, Serilingampally,
Hyderabad, Telangana 500019
13. Akshara International School
The school is located on the outskirts of Hyderabad, in L. B. Nagar. Established in 2011, this school already has the status of being one of the best CBSE schools in Hyderabad. The 3-acre campus is in the heart of the residential Reddy colony that gives it an added advantage.
- The school offers both CBSE and IB curricula. Even the CBSE curriculum adopts the teaching methodology of IB course. Co-curricular activities and sports are given equal prominence here.
- The staff and teachers are very compassionate and understand that no two children are the same. Individual attention is rendered to each child, without any discriminations.
- This international school has well planned classrooms with ample light and ventilation, library, labs, sports areas.
- The large campus also has exclusive studios for dance, music, drama and arts training for children to excel in their hobbies and interests.
Reddy Colony, Bairamalguda, Sagar Ring Road,
Near LB Nagar, Hyderabad, Telangana 500079
14. Silver Oaks
Silver Oaks is situated in Miyapur, Bachupally, Hyderabad. Established in 2002 on a 4 acre campus, the school has gained a reputation for being one of the best performing schools in the state. This great international schools of Hyderabad has its own Research Center for education and develops its pedagogy.
- IB curriculum from Nursery – VI, CBSE from VI-XII. Academic excellence, extra-curricular activities and sports all go hand in hand here.
- Scouts and Guides, NCC training, is also rendered.
- Students who excel in a particular subject or sports can opt for an intensive training after school hours to gain more acumen in the field.
- The Classes are spread over two blocks, the junior block that follows the IB curriculum and the senior block with CBSE.
- The classrooms are tech friendly with Internet access.
- Libraries, labs and computer center are well equipped.
- The multipurpose halls and conference hall for gatherings and presentations can hold a huge audience.
- Large indoor and outdoor play stations.
Sy No:188/3 & 188/4, Miyapur,
Bachupally, Hyderabad, Telangana 500090
15. Sreenidhi International School
Sreenidhi International School is situated in Azziznagar, Moinabad, Hyderabad. Established in 2003 with a 60-acre campus to its credit, this residential school offers state-of-the-art facilities.
- Through Nursery to Grade XII, the school offers both IB curriculum, ICSE and ICS. Sports and co-curricular activities are given equal prominence.
- The curriculum is well planned and integrates best-employed practices in teaching that enables each child to perform to his best potential.
- The residential school offers accommodations on both weekly and full time basis.
- The sprawling campus houses the school building and residential wings.
- Every classroom is spacious, airy, and well-lit, creating an ambience that is not stifling.
- Modern labs, libraries, and an amphitheater for cultural activities and film screening, are a few of the many highlights of the school. It offers platforms for both student concerts and visiting artists. Kalabhavan promotes visual arts and exhibitions.
Near Appa Junction, Aziznagar,
Moinabad, Hyderabad, Telangana 500075
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Are international schools private?
International schools are private institutions that are privately funded and managed. While many international schools are private, some can be for-profit, and others can be non-profit.
2. Are there any advantages of international school?
An international school follows internationally recognized curricula emphasizing a holistic approach to education. Many international schools offer bilingual or multilingual education that helps students gain proficiency in multiple languages. These schools also have a diverse student and faculty body that promotes a student’s exposure to different cultures and backgrounds.
Parents are increasingly opting for international schools to prepare their wards for international opportunities. This comprehensive list of the best international schools in Hyderabad offer diversity as it includes the details of the infrastructure and facilities provided by each school to help you narrow down your search and save time and effort. While some offer international faculty and international exposure, there are other schools focusing on international network and programs. However, we suggest you visit each school personally and interact with the staff and students to cross-check the details. You should consider other factors such as distance from your residence, safety protocols, and your child’s comfort before finalizing a school. Contacting parents of the existing students of a school may also help you find more information about the school.
Disclaimer: “The list of schools has been taken from various surveys done by third-party print and online publications. MomJunction was not involved in the surveys nor it has any business partnerships with the schools covered in the list. This post is not an endorsement of the schools and parents’ discretion is advised in selecting a school.”
Are you looking for tips on how to choose the right school for your kids? Watch this video to get helpful advice on making the best decision for your family!