Do you worry about your nutrition intake while breastfeeding? Wondering whether it is safe to consume fruits like apples when you are breastfeeding? If these questions seem to weigh you down, let’s lighten you up. Read our post and find out whether is apple juice good for breastfeeding.
Breastfeeding women need additional calories to produce sufficient milk for their baby. To maintain your child’s and your health through breastfeeding, you need to eat good food. For a sufficient supply of breast milk, you need to make sure your fluid consumption is also enough for your body’s needs. Water and healthy juices provide your body the much-needed fluid. 
Benefits of Apples for Breastfeeding Women:
Apple is a good source of calcium, iron, folate and vitamins A and C. As a breastfeeding mom; you need a good supply of all these nutrients. During pregnancy, your iron levels decrease. At the time of lactation, you need to strengthen your body with iron-rich foods. A Lack of calcium leads to weak bones and low milk production, as it is a major part of breast milk. Apple is also a good source of fiber, potassium and phosphorus. A medium apple contains 80 calories, and is an excellent food if you are looking to eat healthily and shed extra weight. 
[ Read: Foods To Avoid While Breastfeeding ]
Fluid Requirement While Breastfeeding:
Your water requirement also increases during breastfeeding. Consume large quantities of water, milk and fruit juices. However, it is better to consume fruits rather than fruit juices as whole fruits contain the necessary dietary fiber for good digestive health. When you drink juice, it is best to limit their intake up to 150 ml . Ensure that the juice is fresh and unsweetened. Extra sugar does nothing good for the body, and breastfeeding women need to be aware of what they eat for their good health as well the health of their child.
[ Read: Best Fruits To Eat While Breastfeeding ]
Apple Juice While Breastfeeding:
As a breastfeeding mom, you can safely drink apple juice on a regular basis. But it is still a better idea for lactating women to consume whole apples rather than apple juice. With whole apples, women can also get fiber, which is lacking in juice.
Apple juice is certainly a better option than citrus fruit juices, which can make the breast milk acidic and taste funny. The acidity in milk can irritate delicate digestive organs of babies. An excess of vitamin C in breast milk can also cause diaper rash in babies.
[ Read: Superfoods For Breastfeeding ]
- Continue to drink apple juice if it causes no discomfort to your baby. If your baby is fussy or sick after feeding, check your diet to see if apples may be causing the problem. Even though an apple is a safe food to eat during pregnancy and breastfeeding, some infants may show an adverse reaction to it. The baby’s stomach lining and digestive tract is still developing so they may not always react well to foods that are safe for women to consume during breastfeeding.
- Keep apple juice consumption to a minimum and try to include whole apples to your diet.
- The best way of drinking apple juice while breastfeeding is to make it fresh at home, add no artificial sweeteners to it and consume it at room temperature.
Fruits are excellent snack items during pregnancy and breastfeeding. Apples come in many varieties, and you can add the fruit to your diet depending on what flavor you prefer –sweet or tart or deliciously crunchy. Just make sure whatever you consume while breastfeeding does not cause problems to you or your baby.
Hope now you are clear about the concept of apple juice and breastfeeding. Did you drink apple juice while breastfeeding? Did your baby face any problems when you had apples while breastfeeding? Please share your experience with us.
- Is It Safe For A Breastfeeding Mom To Eat Honey?
- Is It Safe To Eat Onions While Breastfeeding?
- Is It Safe To Eat Oranges While Breastfeeding?
- Is It Safe To Consume Colic Foods During Breastfeeding?