Are you pregnant and looking forward to consuming a healthy diet to safeguard the growth of the little one in your womb? Does a glass of sugarcane juice make you drool? Are you abstaining from giving in to your temptation worrying about the extra calories? Well, if you can relate to the above situations reading this post is a good idea!
Sugarcane is a natural drink that enjoys huge popularity in Southeast Asian and Latin-American countries (1). But are you eager to know whether is sugarcane juice good during pregnancy or not? Worry no more! Check out this article to know why drinking sugarcane juice during pregnancy is a must-have!
How To Make Sugarcane Juice?
You need to crush the thick stalk of the sugarcane plant through a manually operated machine to extract its juice. You should strain and pour the juice into a glass to enjoy it. You can drink it plain or add ice cubes, a twist of lime, black salt, and mint leaves.
Nutritional Benefits of Sugarcane Juice:
The popular drink is affordable and rich in essential nutrients like Vitamin A, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, C, antioxidants, proteins, and fiber.Aserving of100 milliliters of sugarcane juice contains:
- Energy – 39 calories
- Carbohydrates – 9 g
- Fat – 0 g
- Protein – 0 g
- Calcium – 10 mg
Health Benefits Of Sugarcane Juice During Pregnancy:
Here are some ways in which drinking a glass of sugarcane juice can work wonders for your health during pregnancy:
Drinking a glass of sugarcane juice with a dash of ginger can help reduce morning sickness, a common complaint among pregnant women. You can have small doses of it more than twice a day if you suffer from morning sickness.
Piling pounds is a common concern among pregnant women. The polyphenols in sugarcane juice help boost metabolism. The juice also helps keep weight gain in check.
The low glycemic index of the juice also helps to maintain energy levels. If you drink sugarcane juice every day while expecting, you can fight fatigue better.
[ Read: Lime Juice During Pregnancy ]
The juice is a rich source of calcium, magnesium, and iron. Regular consumption of the juice can help boost your immunity and keep mineral deficiency at bay during pregnancy!
Sugarcane juice is a popular home remedy for colds and throat infections. Since, during pregnancy you would prefer to avoid taking OTC medication this would be a delicious cure!
Constipation is a woe that accompanies pregnancy. However, you can end your toilet ordeal by drinking this delicious juice daily. The juice can boost your digestion and treat constipation. It can also prevent stomach infections. Sugarcane juice helps to keep your liver healthy by regulating the bilirubin levels.
A Word Of Caution:
- You can safely enjoy the consumption of sugarcane juice during your pregnancy if you prepare it hygienically. Drinking the stale juice can increase your chances of food poisoning and other stomach infections. Make sure you drink it immediately after preparing it.
- Also, drink the juice in moderate quantities only. Excess intake of anything can cause health complications.
- Remember to consult your doctor before adding it to your pregnancy diet.
[ Read: Cranberry Juice During Pregnancy ]
Enjoy your pregnancy by pampering yourself with nutritious and healthy foods and drinks. Intake of the healthy sugarcane juice ensures you look and feel great throughout your pregnancy.
Now you know about the goodness of the modest juice. Go ahead and spread the word!
Did you try drinking sugarcane juice in pregnancy? How did it benefit you? Please share your experience with other moms here!
- Is It Safe To Drink Coffee During Pregnancy?
- Is It Safe To Drink Soft Drinks During Pregnancy?
- Is It Safe To Drink Lemon Water During Pregnancy?
- Is It Safe To Drink Green Tea During Pregnancy?
Latest posts by chetana (see all)
- 16 Foods Your Baby Can Eat Without Teeth - June 6, 2016
- Must-Have Apps For Moms-To-Be - May 13, 2016
- 15 Fun Facts About Cars For Kids - April 30, 2016
- 15 Best And Top Schools In Dehradun City - April 27, 2016
- Earwax In Toddlers: Should It Be Removed? - April 15, 2016
- Couvade Syndrome Or Sympathetic Pregnancy - Everything You Need To Know - November 23, 2015
- 10 Delicious Sugar-Free Snacks For Kids - April 16, 2015
- TB (Tuberculosis) In Toddlers - Causes, Symptoms & Treatments - April 10, 2015
- Breathing Problems In Children - Causes, Symptoms And Treatment - April 7, 2015
- 6 Best Energy Foods To Eat During Pregnancy - April 7, 2015