Making toddlers laugh could seem difficult as they do not understand things yet. However, our list of jokes for toddlers can help you tickle their funny bone. You may start with making silly faces or funny noises. Then introduce science, animals, colors, and sports to them in the form of jokes.
Here are some interesting jokes for little kids to make them laugh. And, keep a camera handy to capture their innocent smiling faces.
100+ Jokes For Toddlers And Preschoolers
These jokes for kids are sure to elicit laughter in the room. Add some funny expressions and thrilling sounds and make your narration even better. These also act as perfect jokes for 4 year olds and 5 year olds and will land well with them.
1. What dessert do ghosts eat after dinner?
2. What will you call a sleeping and snoring dinosaur?
3. Where does the cow go to have fun?
4. What would you call a train that has a cold?
5. Why was 6 afraid of 7?
Because seven eight nine!
6. Why did the banana need medication?
It wasn’t peeling well!
7. Why did the librarian ban clocks in the library?
Because they tick every time!
8. Name a tree that fits your hand?
A palm tree!
9. What do you get if hot water is poured down a rabbit hole?
Hot cross bunnies.
10. Why is the giraffe the only animal with a long neck?
Because its feet smell
11. What will you name a dancing cow?
12. What’s the favorite letter of a sea pirate?
13. What is the cloud wearing under his raincoat?
14. What did the volcano say to the other volcano?
“I lava you!”
15. Why is telling jokes about pizza hilarious?
They’re too cheesy.
16. How will you treat a sick lemon?
Give him some Lemon-Aid!
17. What looks brown and sticky?
18. Can you spot the difference between zebras and bananas?
Bananas are yellow!
19. Why did the lazy boy cross the street in a hurry?
Because the cow said MOOOOOOOOOOOO
20. What’s the name of the school that teaches ice cream making?
21. What is a bear with no teeth called?
A gummy bear
22. What will you name a sad strawberry?
23. What will you call a fly without wings?
24. Why did the cookie go to the doctor?
It was crumbled
25. How do the oceans say hello?
26. What did the tree say to the wind?
“Leaf me alone!”
27. What did the firefly say to the other firefly?
“You glow, girl!”
28. What will you name a donkey with three legs?
29. What is loud, fast, and crunchy?
A rocket chip!
30. What did the angry cop say to his tummy?
“You’re under a vest!”
31. Why did the cute teddy bear say no to dessert?
Because he was stuffed
32. What did the science book say to the math book?
“Wow, you’ve got problems!”
33. What did the Dalmatian say to his master after lunch?
That hit the spot!
34. Why did the little kid cross the playground?
To move to the other slide
35. What is the favorite subject of a witch at school?
36. How do you make lemon drop?
Just let it fall.
37. Who is Peppa Pig’s favorite painter?
38. How do piglets express greetings to their grandparents?
With hogs and kisses
39. What types of keys are sweet?
40. What will we call two bananas?
41. Why does peanut butter never disclose its secret?
He’s afraid you’ll spread it.
42. What will you do if peanut butter gets on your doorknob?
Use a door jam
43. What did the little corn say to the mama corn?
Where is pop corn?
44. What did the banana say to the puppy?
Bananas don’t talk
45. What did the duck say when it saw fireworks?
A fire quacker!
46. Which bird is always out of breath?
47. How does a barber travel to work?
He takes shortcuts!
48. How did the pirate buy a cheap flag?
He bought it on Amazon sail.
49. Why do fireflies light at night?
They want little ants to study all night!
50. Why did the teacher go to school with sunglasses?
The students were so bright.
51. What did one math book say to the Algebra book?
We both have problems!
52. Name the instrument that the skeleton plays?
53. What type of pants do ghosts wear?
54. What is a zombie’s favorite food?
55. In which bank do vampires save their money?
A blood bank
56. Who keeps the ocean clean?
57. What did the astronaut say when he accidentally crashed into the moon?
58. Why couldn’t orange win the race?
It ran empty on juice.
59. Which dinosaur is the best with vocabulary?
60. Why do robots never feel scared?
They got nerves of steel.
61. What do you get if you add a pie and a snake?
62. Why do porcupines always win the game?
They have the maximum points.
63. Where do elephants pack and store their valuable clothes?
In their trunks!
64. Name the place where the sheep went on vacation with his kids?
65. What’s a deer standing in the rain called?
66. What did the paper say softly in the pencil’s ear?
67. Why do birds fly?
It’s faster and better than walking
68. When do ducks wake up?
At the quack of dawn
69. Why did the giraffe’s son always get bad grades?
He had his head above in the clouds.
70. How did the flower react after it shared a joke?
I’m just pollen in love with jokes.
71. Why didn’t the koala bear ever find a job?
The interviewer said he was over-koala-fied.
72. Why did the student mistakenly eat all his homework?
The teacher said it was a piece of cake!
73. When you search for something, why is it always discovered in the last place you search?
Because you stop looking once you find it.
74. What is brown and hairy and wears sunglasses?
A coconut on vacation
75. What will you call two love birds?
76. How do scientist’s refresh their breath?
77. How can you bring the Moon to Earth?
In your dreams
78. What snacks do computers love?
79. Why couldn’t scientists ever meet aliens?
Because aliens are shy
80. Why did Jack and Jill fall from the hill?
They were not wearing shoes.
81. What did the apple say to the baby?
Nothing. Apples can’t talk.
82. How can you make an angry octopus laugh?
Just tickle its ten-tickles!
83. What are elves taught in school?
84. What do you call a dog who masters magic tricks?
85. Where do pencils go for vacation?
86. Guess what gets wetter the more it dries.
87. What will you call a funny mountain?
88. Name a pony’s favorite juice?
89. Where do fish save their money?
90. What will you call an alligator wearing a vest?
91. Why did the computer feel cold?
The user left the windows open!
92. What nickname will you give to a monkey at the North Pole?
93. What excuse did the egg give when it was late for breakfast?
I was being scrambled!
94. What would you say to a Bear with no ear?
95. What’s a dog’s favorite toy?
96. What’s the favorite rock of the cow?
97. Name the scariest plant?
98. Guess the game where you crush candies to level up?
99. Why are elevator jokes considered the best?
Because they make you laugh at many levels
100. What happens when you eat Spinach daily?
You become a Popeye
101. What did the big flower say to the little flower?
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I teach my toddler to tell jokes?
You may help develop your child’s sense of humor by starting with easy-to-understand jokes like kid-friendly riddles or amusing knock-knock jokes. You may use books, toys, or puppets to make the joke visually appealing. Make children talk to you about the hilarious things that happened at home (this may include what they found funny about you or other family members). Encourage your child to tell jokes even if they are not that good initially.
2. Why are jokes important for toddlers?
Laughing together can help you connect and brighten gloomy days. A good sense of humor can make children smarter and healthier. It helps them not to take things too seriously, be spontaneous, and enjoy the playful aspects of life. It can make it easier for children to handle adversities in life as they grow older (1).
3. What are some tips for making jokes funnier for toddlers?
Using funny facial expressions, making elaborate body movements, using a funny vocal tone, and using soft toys or puppets to demonstrate the elements of a joke may make jokes more enjoyable for toddlers.
Laughing with your baby is a good exercise for them to move their facial muscles and give them an excellent bonding time. Toddlers are the easiest to please, and this list of jokes for toddlers can undoubtedly get them to laugh their hearts out. You could also make funny noises and faces while telling jokes, humorous tongue-twisters or short stories to increase fun and laughter. Additionally, you can use these jokes to introduce them to various concepts of animals and plants and tap their intellectual skills.
Infographic: Tickle Your Little One’s Funny Bone
Laughing along with your little ones not only helps you bond with them but also helps you keep your worries at bay. Keep this infographic with you at all times so that you can open it up, share a joke or two with your child(ren), and watch and enjoy as they burst into laughter.
- Encouraging your child’s sense of humor.