Don’t you want your children to grow up to be smart? You would always want them to look confident and wear a positive attitude. While most parents confess that their children are quite self-sufficient and smart, yet they feel that a positive attitude is missing.
If you have been feeling the same way, you are not alone. There are, in fact, many reasons that make it difficult for your child to develop a positive attitude.
What Creates Negativity in Children?
If you find too much negativity in your child, probably there are few things affecting her personality. Here are some of them:
- A disturbed atmosphere at home.
- Too much criticism from you.
- Psychological issues.
- Over protectiveness.
- Too much restriction.
- Negative approach that you follow.
[ Read: Aggression In Children ]
Early Diagnosis Can Help:
Personality disorders are kind of psychological problems that make it difficult for children to develop a positive attitude. Here are some positive thinking tips for kids that might help:
- Diagnosis at an early stage and proper treatment can help to a great extent.
- Mental diagnosis can help find the reason behind negative attitude in a child.
- Mental illness affects behavioral pattern and children fail to develop a positive attitude.
- Parents must consider treating their child as early as possible to perfect the development disorders.
[ Read: Behavioural Problems In Children ]
How Parents Can Foster Positive Thinking In Children?
You have an important role in helping your child develop a positive attitude towards life. Here are some ways you can help your child:
- You must be the role model for your child.
- Interpret things positively in your life.
- The earlier she starts developing a positive attitude, the better it will be.
- You will be making a mistake dismissing the negatives completely.
For instance, if your child is recovering from a broken leg, you must acknowledge the pain. Say, “I understand it hurts baby, you will soon get well”. Then the negative situation can be reframed by saying, “if we think too much about the pain, it will only make our lives more miserable. So, let us think of the fun things we can do with the craft.” This will foster resilience in your child.
10 Key Pointers For How To Develop Positive Attitude In Children:
Here are some key pointers about positive development and attitude in children that you must bear in mind:
1. Positive thinking is a state of mind that looks at different situations constructively.
2. Children grasp a better understanding of positive development as they grow older.
3. Children above five years can grasp the principles of positive thinking better.
4. You must keep on motivating your child to look at things in a positive way. Be their role models.
[ Read: How To Motivate Children ]
5. Children have innate capabilities to grasp positive thinking because of the cognitive changes in the middle childhood.
6. You must acknowledge a negative situation or feeling. Thereafter, help your child to look at it constructively.
7. Encouraging your child to develop a positive attitude will help her focus on doing things she loves doing. This will help her attract more positive interactions and experiences.
8. When you let your child do what she likes the most, she is less likely to attract fights, bullies, teasing and other frustrations.
[ Read: How To Develop Self Control In Children ]
9. You must value qualities such as:
10. You must value traits such as:
- Knowledge of one’s own self
These qualities and traits will encourage your child to remember more about themselves. Help them find the positive qualities in them, rather than sticking to the areas bordered by the society or school.
Abraham Hicks once said, “Parents often think that they are here to guide the little ones. When, in reality, the little ones come forth with clarity to guide you.”
Amazing isn’t it, how your attitude in life shapes that of your child too? Do share your thoughts on how one can instill a positive thinking in children.
- 10 Best Ways To Boost Your Kid’s Confidence
- 10 Quick & Easy Ways To Motivate Your Child
- 10 Tips To Help Your Child Effectively Manage Stress
- 3 Best Ways To Help Children Develop Self Control
Latest posts by moumita ghosh (see all)
- 8 Effective Tips To Relieve Finger Pain During Pregnancy - November 23, 2015
- Top 5 Camel Crafts For Preschoolers And Young Kids - November 23, 2015
- 4 Interesting Winter Craft Ideas For Your Toddler - January 21, 2015
- 7 Simple Tips To Inculcate Good Sleep Habits In Babies - January 9, 2015
- 6 Effective Ways To Help Your Teen Make Smart Decisions - January 9, 2015
- How To Raise A Teenage Girl? - January 8, 2015
- 3 Different Ways To Fold Your Baby's Cloth Diaper - January 7, 2015
- Hearing Test For Babies/Infants - Everything You Need To Know - January 6, 2015
- Broken Tailbone In Children – Causes, Symptoms & Treatment - January 5, 2015
- Is Breast Milk Effective To Treat Acne In Babies? - January 3, 2015