Your baby has reached an important milestone of 10 months already. They could be louder and you may not be able to control them at times. Your 10-month-old has now started asserting and is moving around knocking down things, banging doors, pots, and pans. Your baby may even have developed words like “no” and “ah.”
At this stage, you find yourself running around them and worrying that they don’t trip and fall in all the excitement. Your baby could also be fussy and energized like never before. This is the time when you should start interacting with your baby in a positive manner, helping them develop the balancing act.
3 Activities For 10 Months Old Baby
Your 10-month-old may start playing games with you. Engage in playing with them. Here we have mentioned few activities for a 10-month-old baby:
- They will love exploring the environment around. You can bring a bucket full of twigs, stones, and leaves and let your baby know about the things you find. Let them pour out things and put them back.
- You and your toddler can enjoy the activity of finding shoes on a rainy day. You can hold up one and ask them to get the other one. They will need help in the initial stages, but this will help them identify similarities.
- Peek-a-boo can be an exciting game. This helps in developing “object performances”. Clap when they find their favorite toy. This helps improve language skills and makes them aware of object permanence.
Toys For A 10 Months Old Baby Activities
Since your baby has just learned to crawl, you can get them some exciting toys now. Here are few toys options for 10th month baby activities. Check them out.
- Push toys can be a great option. You can place some books in the wagon to make the toy suitable for them.
- Shape sorters and stacking blocks can be great fun for them. They can now tower down and figure the cup that should be placed on which.
- Your baby may be thrilled to get a toy phone. Get a phone that makes sounds and lights up as well.
The most important thing to remember is that all babies are special. While some babies may reach a particular milestone at a certain age, others may reach it earlier or later. Avoid comparing babies and the age in which they reach milestones. Let your baby develop at their own pace, and remember never to rush them to learn anything.
Create your own treasure baskets and make playtime fun like never before. Go ahead and have the best moments with your little angel of joy and cherish the memories all through your life.
By now these little ones have their own personalities and love to explore. Watching them explore, fail and them learn is the best way for them to gain confidence and to get ready for the next step of development.
Infographic: Gross Motor Activities For A 10-month-old
As your baby learns to crawl and explore the world around them, provide them with age-appropriate challenging activities to make crawling fun while improving their strength and skills. Find interesting indoor and outdoor crawling activity ideas for your 10-month-old in this infographic. Save it for some ideas and inspiration.
- Your baby’s growth and development – 10 months old.
- 9-10 months: baby development.
- Good Toys for Young Children by Age and Stage.
- 10–12 Months Milestones.