Well, how will you describe your 14 month old baby? Entertaining, naughty, playful or hyperactive! If so, then you need to keep a close eye on him. It is the time to child-proof your home, as your baby will be moving and turning things upside down.
Your baby may not be able to properly communicate as his verbal skills are yet to develop, but his actions and body language says it all. All you need is to understand and talk to him, so that he learns to link actions with speech.
Developments In Your 14 Months Old:
Your baby is walking now and there is no need to worry if he suddenly starts crawling for some time. It’s time for you to buy shoes for him before taking him out! Here, we shall take a closer look at his growth and development:
- He may have a pot belly at this age, which is absolutely normal.
- His legs may be still slightly bowed, which should not be a matter of concern. His body shape will change as he matures.
- You may consider cutting his hair at this stage. For most of the moms this is a very emotional time. No need to worry as the hairs will soon grow back.
[ Read: 15 Months Baby Activities ]
4 Learning Activities For 14 Month Old Baby:
At this stage your baby enjoys the company of others. Here are 4 learning activities for a 14 month old baby:
- If your baby sees his actions evoke laughter, he will feel encouraged to repeat the act again.
- Concepts like cause and effect, patterns, repetition and expectations develop at this age.
- It will be good if you participate in fun games with him. It may get tedious at times, but he will surely love the enthusiasm you show while playing.
- Your baby will love to hear you reading stories for him. A baby who grows immersed in books is generally well prepared for school.
Healthy Habits For Your Baby:
You may be worried why your baby is so picky about food, while he chews on dirt and papers? Well, the answer is simple – This is how the babies learn to develop a sense of taste.
- Don’t worry as your baby’s immune system is developed to cope with thousands of microbes.
- It is important for you to keep your baby away from animal excreta, pesticides, fertilizers and lead.
- You should take care of your baby’s health as he may suffer from cold frequently at this age.
- Doctors generally suggest symptomatic relief and plenty of cuddles in these cases.
[ Read: How To Teach Toddler To Read ]
You should make sure that you visit a doctor in case of the following:
- He stops eating completely.
- Develops elevated temperature.
- Has trouble breathing.
- Does not wet nappies for long.
[ Read: Symptoms Of Dog Allergies In Babies ]
As your little ones grows with time there are certain things you must remember as parents, here they are:
- You can also see your baby now familiarizing with the pet dog in your house. He will learn to care and stroke the pet which will help developing his cognitive skill gradually.
- You need to remember that he is still too young and spanking is surely not an effective disciplining tactic. Your baby will throw or drop stuffs every now and then. You need to stay calm and tolerate their naughty activities. These actions of your kids are just part of his experimental delight that even you did as a child.
Hope you will enjoy spending some quality time with these fun activities for 14 month old baby. Shower him with love and care and guide him through every move he makes. All you need to ensure as a parent is to provide him everything he needs to grow.
Share your kid’s unique and naughty activities which make or made you laugh in the comment section below.
- 10 Fun Things To Do With Your Newborn Baby
- 6 Learning Activities For Your 15 Month Old Baby
- 5 Learning Activities For Your 16 Month Old Baby
- 5 Simple Tips To Teach Your Toddler To Brush The Right Way
Latest posts by moumita ghosh (see all)
- 8 Effective Tips To Relieve Finger Pain During Pregnancy - November 23, 2015
- Top 5 Camel Crafts For Preschoolers And Young Kids - November 23, 2015
- 4 Interesting Winter Craft Ideas For Your Toddler - January 21, 2015
- 7 Simple Tips To Inculcate Good Sleep Habits In Babies - January 9, 2015
- 6 Effective Ways To Help Your Teen Make Smart Decisions - January 9, 2015
- How To Raise A Teenage Girl? - January 8, 2015
- 3 Different Ways To Fold Your Baby's Cloth Diaper - January 7, 2015
- Hearing Test For Babies/Infants - Everything You Need To Know - January 6, 2015
- Broken Tailbone In Children – Causes, Symptoms & Treatment - January 5, 2015
- Is Breast Milk Effective To Treat Acne In Babies? - January 3, 2015