- 25 Alphabet Coloring Pages Your Toddler Will Love
- 10 Easy To Learn Number Coloring Pages For Your Little Ones
- 10 Easy To Learn ABC Coloring Pages For Your Little One
- Top 10 Letter A Coloring Pages For Your Little Ones
- Top 10 Letter ‘L’ Coloring Pages For Your Little Ones
Introducing your kid to the phonetics, alphabets and their usage is one of the most exciting parts of a parent’s life. Along with excitement, it may also scare you, as one wrong step and your kid could end up learning the incorrect way.
Usually, this is not something to be scared about. When your kid starts learning alphabets, ensure that you first teach him the correct sound, then introduce all the words that start with that particular alphabet.
If your kid has just begun writing, use a sand paper and help you kid trace different alphabets on it. This leaves an impression on their minds and they will be able to recollect what they trace better when they start writing independently.
Top 10 Letter D Coloring Pages For Preschoolers:
Letter D is a safe and reliable alphabet as it generally makes the sound ‘duh’ as pronounced in ‘duck’. However, sometimes it produces other sounds too, depending on the words it is used in. There are various activities to teach your kid about letters. Coloring is one such fun activity. So check out these amazing letter d coloring sheets for your kids below:
1. D Is For Dog:
This first picture is a perfect one to start with.
- Use this picture to teach your kid about how the word ‘dog’ starts with letter D.
- Coloring this picture will not only help him learn how to write letter D, it will also teach him about how to color dog and educate him about dog’s favorite food being bone.
[ Read: Alphabet Coloring Pages ]
2. D Stands For Daisy:
This next picture shows a beautiful simple daisy.
- Daisies are beautiful and yet simple. Use this picture to teach your kid coloring daisies and share some info about the flower.
- While coloring, always ask your kid to repeat how D is for daisies. This will help your kid to later recollect what letter D stands for.
3. Letter D:
The next picture is the most basic yet crucial one.
- This is the best picture if your kid has just started writing. It simply shows the letter D.
- The small little flowers add some variety to the picture, making it fun to color.
[ Read: Letter A Coloring Pages ]
4. Drum Rolls For D:
The next picture shows how D stands for drums.
- While your kid enjoys coloring this picture, teach him more about drums and its sound.
- Tell him how it forms an important part in music. You could also show him a few videos on drums later on the internet.
[ Read: Abc Coloring Pages ]
If your kid loves Dora-the-explorer, this next picture is just right!
- Teach your kid about letter D while taking help from her favorite Dora-the-explorer.
- The next time your kid watches the show, you can remind her of how Dora starts with letter D.
6. Capital And Small D:
Once again, the picture up next is easy yet important.
- Kids often mistake between usage of capital letters and small letters.
- Help your kid understand the roles and usage of capital and small letters while he enjoys coloring this picture. Teach him how both letters sound similar but are written differently.
[ Read: Number Coloring Pages ]
7. Dinosaur Starts With D:
If your kid loves dinosaurs, he would be thrilled to color this one.
- Use this picture to help your kid learn about dinosaurs. Tell him how these animals became extinct.
- What makes this picture interesting is the way dinosaur is drawn in the shape of letter D, making it easier for your kid to remember that D stands for Dinosaur.
8. D Says Ducks:
The next picture shows how D stands for ducks.
- Let your kid know about the sound that ducks make. Tell him that just as duck has a sound, letter D too has one. Your kid might recollect having a similar toy earlier.
- This picture is perfect to teach your kid about small and big and plural form too.
[ Read: Shapes Coloring Pages ]
9. D Is For Dolphin:
The word dolphin too starts with letter D.
- Educate your child some more about these human-friendly creatures.
- This picture can be a great tool for learning about how to color dolphins, how to write letter D and also how to spell dolphin.
[ Read: Flags Of The World Coloring Pages ]
10. Donut Is Spelled With D:
If your kid loves donut, you will find yourself running to get one after this picture.
- This picture can be used as a device to practice writing the letter D over dotted lines. It teaches both capital and small D.
- Since it has your kid’s favorite sweet, donut, you will grab his attention for longer. Kids love coloring things they eat in real life.
These letter d coloring pages online will not only help develop your kid’s motor skills, it will also help him with letter recognition and learn words that begin with letter D.
Hope you liked these free printable letter d coloring pages. Do share your comments and your kid’s work with us. Till then, enjoy coloring with your D for Darling baby!