- Top 10 Firefighter Coloring Pages Your Toddler Will Love
- Top 10 Goldilocks And The Three Bears Coloring Pages Your Toddler Will Love
- Top 10 Super Mario Coloring Pages To Keep Your Little One Engaged
- 10 Cute Ladybug Coloring Pages Your Little Girl Will Love To Color
- Top 10 Nickelodeon Coloring Pages For Your Little Ones
“Who is hiding out there in the wood? A sweet little girl and a big, bad wolf”
Little Red Riding Hood, also known as the “Little Red Cap” is a European fairy tale that revolves around a young girl and a big, bad wolf. The earliest version of this story was recorded in the 10th century in France. The story was then told from person to person, thereby entering many other cultures and countries.
The motive of this fairy tale is to offer a couple of valuable warnings. It teaches children to not venture outside alone. Always take along an older sibling or a parent. It also teaches children to stay cautious of strangers. Because like the wolf, you never know who the stranger might turn out to be.
Top 10 Little Red Riding Hood Coloring Pages For Kids:
Here is a list of the top 10 Little Red Riding Hood coloring sheets that will help your child learn these values along with some fun and color.
1. Riding Hood:
This coloring sheet features a happy little red riding hood surrounded by a basket of flowers. She looks ecstatic on visiting her grandmother after a long time.
- Little Red Riding Hood is the protagonist of this fairy tale.
- She lives with her parents in a village that is terrorized by a large and malevolent wolf.
- The little girl had a red hood made for her that suited her so well that everyone called her the Little Red Riding Hood.
This is a coloring page of Red Riding Hood’s grandma, looking terrified at the sight of the injured wolf. Talk about the colors and shapes as your kid colors the drawing sheet.
- Grandma, just like most of the grandmothers, dotes on her granddaughter.
- This coloring page is perfect for the preschoolers who love exploring their imagination.
The person you see in this coloring sheet is Lumberjack, the savior of Red Riding Hood and grandmother. Coloring this sheet will help to develop fine motor skills and build hand strength, the two crucial things for handwriting.
- The lumberjack cuts open the wolf and saves the little child and her grandma.
- He then fills the wolf’s stomach with heavy stones.
- The wolf, on awakening, tries to flee, but the stones cause him to collapse and die.
Read: Chick Coloring Pages ]
4. Big Bad Wolf:
This coloring page features the wicked wolf, the central antagonist of this fairy tale.
- He is a mean wolf seen dressed in tattered red trousers and an old hat.
- He devours grandma and dresses like her to trick Red Riding Hood.
- However, the lumberjack arrives on time and saves the grandma and red riding hood.
[ Read: Ladybug Coloring Pages ]
5. Three Little Pigs:
This is the coloring sheet of the three little pigs, the important characters from this fairy tale. Your young ones will love coloring this scene from the timeless classic.
- In one of the several versions of this fairy tale, little red riding hood accompanies Fiddler and Fifer pig through the woods to deliver food to her sick grandmother.
- When the pigs reach the house, the wolf tries to eat them, along with the little child.
- The pigs then rush out to fetch their brother Practical pig, who rescues the little girl and her grandmother.
6. Granny And Wolf:
This is the coloring image of grandmother getting intimidated by the wolf.
- Grandma looks surprised to see a wolf in place of her granddaughter.
- The wolf, pretending to be little red riding hood, gains entry through the house and devours the grandmother.
- The wolf then shuts the door, dresses as grandma and gets into her bed, waiting for Little Red Riding hood.
[ Read: Alvin And The Chipmunks Coloring Pages ]
7. Wolf And Red Riding Hood In The Forest:
This drawing sheet is taken from a scene of this famous fairy tale.
- Red Riding Hood, instead of taking the straight way to her grandmother’s house, takes a roundabout way, entertaining herself by gathering nuts, flowers and running after butterflies.
- She comes across a scary wolf in the forest.
- The wolf wanted to eat the little girl, but could not because of some woodcutters working in the forest.
- The coloring sheet makes a sharp contrast between the safe world of the village and the dangers of the forest.
8. Wolf And Red Riding Hood:
Here is an animated scene from this famous fairy tale.
- The little child looks clearly skeptical of the big, bad wolf dressed like her grandmother.
- Little red riding hood, on arriving at the house, was greatly amazed at seeing how her grandmother looked in her nightclothes.
- This coloring page is also ideal to encourage your child to make up a tale of her own.
[ Read: Dora Coloring Pages ]
9. Little Red Riding Hood With Grandma:
Here is a coloring image of Grandma seeing off Red Riding Hood after a nice lunch and a long chat.
This is one of the cutest little red riding hood coloring pictures. It is also a perfect way to start a conversation with your young one about the importance of family relations.
[ Read: Nickelodeon Coloring Pages ]
10. Little Red Riding Hood With Her Mother:
This is a coloring page of red riding hood off to visit her ailing grandmother.
- The pretty woman you see beside Little Red Riding Hood is her mother.
- Her mother warns her to take a straight way and avoid going to the forest.
- She takes a basket of delicious food to feed her grandmother.
- Little does she known what can happen along the way.
Have your kids bring this scene to life with colors. Also, notice if they remember what happens at the end of this classic tale.
Hope your kids enjoyed these free printable Little Red Riding Hood coloring pages online. Download all the sheets and make your own little red riding hood coloring book. Do not forget to share your views with us.