Are you scrolling through love at first sight quotes and stories to know if it happens in real? It seems like you have fallen in love with someone special and want to have a clear idea about your feelings. It could be overwhelming to experience that instant connection with someone who left a lasting impression on you. While some people think that love at first sight doesn’t exist, there is another set of people that agree with the notion. To help you understand your feelings regarding love at first sight, we bring you a collection of poems, messages, and quotes in this post. Scroll through them to contemplate your feelings or share them with the person to convey your emotions.
115+ Beautiful Love At First Sight Quotes, Messages, And Poems
Keep the hopeless romantic in you alive with these heart-touching messages, poems, and quotes about love at first sight. Read on!
Quotes About Love At First Sight
- “I could not tell you if I loved you the first moment I saw you, or if it was the second or third or fourth. But I remember the first moment I looked at you walking toward me and realized that somehow the rest of the world seemed to vanish when I was with you.”―Cassandra Clare
- “People who meet in airports are seventy-two percent more likely to fall for each other than people who meet anywhere else.”― Jennifer E. Smith
- “Maybe love at first sight isn’t what we think it is. Maybe it’s recognizing a soul we loved in a past life and falling in love with them again.”― KamandKojouri
- “Where both deliberate, the love is slight; Who ever loved, that loved not at first sight?”― Christopher Marlowe
- “When I saw you, I fell in love and you smiled because you knew.”— William Shakespeare
- “Love at first sight is possible, but it pays to take a second look.”— Joe Biden
- “It was love at first sight, at last sight, at ever and ever sight.” — Vladimir Nabokov
- “Love at first sight is easy to understand; it’s when two people have been looking at each other for a lifetime that it becomes a miracle.”– Sam Levenson
- “There’s no love like the first.”– Nicholas Sparks
- “I believe in love at first sight but I will always believe that the people we love we have loved before. Many, many, many times before and when we stumble through grace and circumstance and that brilliant illusion of choice to finally meet them again, we feel it faster each time through.” — Tyler Knott Gregson
- “I believe in love at first sight… But it’s not the first moment you lay eyes on a person, it’s the moment you first see the person they truly are.” — Ranata Suzuki
- “The world needs more love at first sight.” — Maggie Stiefvater
- “First romance, first love, is something so special to all of us, both emotionally and physically, that it touches our lives and enriches them forever.”– Rosemary Rogers
- “First love is only a little foolishness and a lot of curiosity.” – George Bernard Shaw
- “And what is love at first sight but recognition?” — Katherine Rundell
- “Love at first sight is to fall in love with a closed door without knowing what lies behind it!” — Mehmet Murat İldan
- “Even If I meet more than a hundred people a day, I still look the one whom I fall in love in a million times.”― Judea Martinez
- “But my impression dates from the very first hour we met. I lost no time, I fell in love with you then. It was at first sight, as the novels say; I know now that’s not a fancy-phrase, and I shall think better of novels for evermore.”— Henry James
- “By definition, love at first sight has nothing to do with the other person’s character or mind.” — Mokokoma Mokhonoana
- “A first love always occupies a special place.”— Lee Konitz
Love At First Sight Quotes For Him
- “As soon as I look up, his eyes click onto my face. The breath whooshes out of my body, and everything freezes for a second, as though I’m looking at him through my camera lens, zoomed in all the way, the world pausing for that tiny span of time between the opening and closing of the shutter.”― Lauren Oliver
- “I knew the second I met you that there was something about you I needed. Turns out it wasn’t something about you at all. It was just you.” ― Jamie McGuire
This beautiful feeling was experienced first hand by Marina, a blogger. In her confession blog, she writes, “The first time I saw you, you took my breath away. My eyes lit up, my heart sang, and I moved to you effortlessly. I look at you now and I just know. You’re the one (i).”
- “You had me at hello.”— Dorothy Boyd
- “The advantage of love, at first sight, is that it delays a second sight.”— Natalie Clifford Barney
- “This was love at first sight, love everlasting: a feeling unknown, unhoped for, unexpected–in so far as it could be a matter of conscious awareness; it took entire possession of him, and he understood, with joyous amazement, that this was for life.”– Thomas Mann
- “The moment my eyes fell on him, I was content.”– Edith Wharton
- “The very first moment I beheld him, my heart was irrevocably gone.”— Jane Austen
- “I meant it when I said I didn’t believe in love at first sight. It takes time to really, truly fall for someone. Yet I believe in a moment. A moment when you glimpse the truth within someone, and they glimpse the truth within you. In that moment, you don’t belong to yourself any longer, not completely. Part of you belongs to him; part of him belongs to you. After that, you can’t take it back, no matter how much you want to, no matter how hard you try.” — Claudia Gray
- “You can’t love anyone that way more than once in a lifetime. It’s too hard, and it hurts too much when it ends. The first boy is always the hardest to get over, Haven. It’s just the way the world works.” -Sarah Dessen
- “Everybody says the first cut if the deepest. It’s so true. I don’t know if it’s because it’s the best love, but it’s the first that you remember. There is one boy that I will remember for the rest of my life, and I wouldn’t go as far as to say, ‘Oh I was in love with him and he broke my heart’. You hold on to that, just that first experience, it’s good to have and you should appreciate it, even if it hurts.”– Kristen Stewart
- “He danced closely but never touched. The air between them crackling and sparkling like an electrical fire that must be contained quickly or it will take everything.”― Anne Fall
- “I am glad it cannot happen twice, the fever of first love. For it is a fever, and a burden, too, whatever the poets may say.”— Daphne du Maurier
- “She opened her eyes and met his. The impact was so strong he was amazed that his fingers continued playing without pause.”— Patricia Briggs
- “Yes, it was love at first sight. I feel that after all these years, I have finally found my soul mate.” — Barbara Hershey
- “Something about him feels like forever…”― Jennifer Elisabeth
- “It feels like forever, like he’s lived through the same things as me, like our lives ran parallel for years until last week, when they finally intersected and fused.”― Barbara Delinsky
- “For the first time in a long time I’ve met a man that makes my heart want to stay.”― Nikki Rowe
- “I stared back at him with something that, I realize now, was close to cellular recognition. In one glance, he recalled my father, my first boyfriend, my college love, my future.” ― Alison Singh Gee
Love At First Sight Quotes For Her
- “From the first day I met her, she was the only woman to me. Every day of that voyage I loved her more, and many a time since have I kneeled down in the darkness of the night watch and kissed the deck of that ship because I knew her dear feet had trod it.”– Arthur Conan Doyle
- “The moment I saw her, a part of me walked out of my body and wrapped itself around her. And there it still remains.”―Arundhati Roy
- “Love is not just looking at each other, it’s looking in the same direction.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
- “It’s not love at first sight, it’s having the sight, to distinguish true love, from just mere beauty.”— Anthony Liccione
- “Love at first sight is only realizing an imagination that has always haunted us; or meeting with a face, a figure, or cast of expression in perfection that we have seen and admired in a lesser degree or in less favorable circumstances a hundred times before.” — William Hazlitt
- “The light in her eyes was beyond description, yet it did not instill improper thoughts: it inspired a lovetempered by awe, purifying the hearts it inflamed.” – Umberto Eco
- “She couldn’t turn away from the eyes that held her. Eyes as deep, as Dark as the night, yet there was something that sparked with warmth, that kept those eyes from being cold.”―Lora Leigh
- “She was my first love, and I loved her as only a boy loves.”– James Weldon Johnson
- “It is described by some as a moment when the world stops moving…it did just that for me. I knew before she said one word or made a single movement, that our lives would begin to dissolve into each other… we would never part again. This was not love at first sight, but rather second. I had fallen in love at eleven; now I was twenty and now all things were possible.”— Graham Kerr
- “This is going to sound crazy, but from the moment I first set my eyes on you I haven’t been able to stop thinking about you.”– Leigh Fallon
- “My love is the solitaire she wears and it’s priceless.”― Arpit Aryan Gupta
- “A stunning first impression was not the same thing as love at first sight. But surely it was an invitation to consider the matter.”— Lois McMaster Bujold
- “You can fall in love at first sight with a place as with a person.” – Alec Waugh
- “No one loved at first sight, but they loved.”— George Chapman
- “She had the most beautiful thing that I had ever seen. And it took only her laugh to realize that beauty was the least of her.” –Atticus
- “What I remember most is the searing sensation of looking into her eyes for the first time, eyes that would hunt me for the rest of my life” ― Jonathan Hull
- “When the first time I saw you, when you have been totally stranger, suddenly, somehow everything completely disappeared and I realized that I found it… true love… From that moment nothing else matters…”— Rati Tsiteladze
Funny Love At First Sight Quotes
- “When I was single I used to list the qualities that I would need in my first love. Then one ordinary day in my university, I looked into the eyes of a girl and saw everything I ever needed. The rest is history.”– Mike Bliss
- “Love at first sight? Let me just put on my glasses.”― LjupkaCvetanova
- “Allo, darlin’. Oi’m so glad to see it’s love at first sight for you, too.” — Elizabeth Haydon
- “love at first sight is only possible if the government hasn’t first taken your eyes” — Sam Sax
- “We could have fallen in love at first sight, but my vision is bad” — Anonymous
- “Love at first sight is 99% attraction and 1% imagination.”— Josh Stern
- “Love at first sight? I absolutely believe in it! You’ve got to keep the faith. Who doesn’t like the idea that you could see someone tomorrow and she could be the love of your life? It’s very romantic.”– Leonardo DiCaprio
- “I believe love at first sight is possible. Centuries of literature and art and beauty has been dedicated to that idea, so who am I to argue, even if I’ve never experienced it?”– Maggie Grace
- “Not a lot of people believe in love at first sight, but I do. I also believe in getting my eyes checked soon.” — Anonymous
- “Love at first sight may save you a lot of time, but love at first sight also makes you spend a lot on dates.” — Anonymous
- “With Romeo and Juliet, you’re talking about two people who meet one night, and get married the same night. I believe in love at first sight-but it hasn’t happened to me yet.” –Leonardo DiCaprio
- “First love is only a little foolishness and a lot of curiosity.”– George Bernard Shaw
- “I am not sure if this is love at first sight, but I am convincing myself really hard to believe that it is. Only because you’re cute and you make me laugh.” — Anonymous
- “Are you sure it wasn’t love at first sight? I can walk past you again.” — Anonymous
- “First love is a kind of vaccination which saves a man from catching the complaint the second time.” –Honore de Balzac
- “First loveis dangerous only when it is also the last.” –BranislavNusic
- “You know it wasn’t love at first sight for us, it’s more like laugh at first sight.” — Anonymous
- “Love at first sight is great, but love at first bite of a cheesy pizza when you’re really hungry is even better.” — Anonymous
- “No, this trick won’t work…How on earth are you ever going to explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love?” – Albert Einstein
Love At First Sight Messages
- The moment I saw you, my eyes got stuck and my body got frozen. It was a feeling that I cannot describe.
- I fell in love at first sight and completely lost track of time. That was memorable for me.
- I was lovestruck from the moment I first saw you. If perfection was a person, it would be you.
- You have my heart and my soul from the moment our eyes met.
- I finally felt like I was home when we met for the very first time.
- The first time you looked at me, my heart surrendered.
- As I opened my eyes, I fell in love at first sight with the guy sitting in front of me. The moment was magical and still brings butterflies to my stomach.
- Since I saw you the first time, I am suffering from insomnia.
- The universe conspired for us to meet and when our eyes locked, I knew that ‘you’re it.’
- Our eyes met for only a fraction of a second, but I saw our life flash before my eyes. I want that.
- All I can say is that our first eye contact was, and still is, magic.
- In your eyes, I realized that you’re the one I’m looking for.
- When you looked at me, I saw my future in your eyes.
- I was a non-believer of love at first sight. But, you changed my thoughts.
- When I first saw you, I was afraid to talk to you,
When I first talked to you, I was afraid to like you,
When I first liked you, I was afraid to love you,
Now that I love you, I’m afraid to lose you.
- There are three great things in this world:
The first thing is for you to love someone.
The second thing is for someone to love you back
And the third greatest thing is for the first and second thing to happen at the same time.
- Love At First Sight
They’re both convinced
that a sudden passion joined them.
Such certainty is beautiful,
but uncertainty is more beautiful still.
Since they’d never met before, they’re sure
that there’d been nothing between them.
But what’s the word from the streets, staircases, hallways—
perhaps they’ve passed by each other a million times?
I want to ask them
if they don’t remember—
a moment face to face
in some revolving door?
perhaps a “sorry” muttered in a crowd?
a curt “wrong number” caught in the receiver?—
but I know the answer.
No, they don’t remember.
– Wislawa Szymborska, poets.org
- Like an old photograph
Time can make a feeling fade
But the memory of a first love
Never fades away.
- Love At First Sight
When first we touched,
My heart flew high,
On gossamer wings through a cloudless sky.
They said it was built upon a lie.
They told me my feelings would surely fade.
Passion would flare, and foes would be made.
Can you not put the past behind?
True love can change a river’s course
Or pierce the strongest vault with ease.
True love can turn coal into gold
Or tame the tempest to a balmy breeze.
Quite some time has passed since then:
People no longer criticize.
For now they see that truth exists
Where once there might have been only lies.
Still my feelings are the same today
As they were on that very first,
For when we touch, my heart still flies on gossamer wings through cloudless skies.
– Danielle C. Thomas
- When I Walked In The Room,
I saw your face.
When you smiled at me,
I knew you were the one.
When you looked at me with your beautiful brown eyes,
I knew you were feeling me.
When we touched our lips together,
I knew this wasn’t a dream.
When I left that night,
I said to myself this was love at first sight.
- Love at first sight,
Is there such a thing?
At first I didn’t believe,
Thinking it was a dream. Then one day out of nowhere,
My dreams of love came true.
From the moment our eyes met,
My love at first sight was you. Although I did not believe,
Love at first sight did exist.
You proved me wrong on that day,
Even before our first kiss.
- I Saw You
I saw you as I passed last night,
Framed in a sky of gold;
And through the sun’s fast paling light
You seemed a queen of old,
Whose smile was light to all the world
Against the crowding dark.
And in my soul a song there purled—
Re-echoed by the lark.
I saw you as I passed last night,
Your tresses burnished gold,
While in your eyes a happy bright
Gleam of your friendship told.
And I went singing on my way;
On, on into the dark.
But in my heart still shone the day,
And still—still sang the lark.
– Joshua Henry Jones Jr., poets.org
- Do you believe in love at first sight?
I did not, that is until last night.
I don’t know why, I simply cannot explain,
But the feeling was real, do you feel the same? The last thing I want to do,
Is scare you away.
But I cannot deny my feelings,
That I felt yesterday. What I want to know is, how do you feel?
Do you love me too, are these feelings for real?
Maybe it is love, or it could be lust,
Love begins with honesty, then begins the trust.
– Danny Shaw
- Is there such a thing as love at first sight?
That’s the question I used to ask
Until I laid eyes on you.
How is it possible to feel so much for a
stranger, a passerby?
Love has no limits, no color, no time.
That’s when I realized I had fallen in love–
Love at first sight.
- Love At First Sight
When I first saw you,
time felt very slow,
like nothing else mattered,
like an opening act of a broadway show.
It starred your eyes,
olive, round and fair,
accented by your smile,
so gorgeous I can’t compare.
You make a portrait of beauty,
a canvas so stunning,
I can’t help but wonder,
what makes you so cunning.
You’ve subdued me at first sight,
I can’t help but fight,
these feelings of passion & warmth,
with wonder & delight..
I don’t even know your name,
we won’t even meet tonight,
but I can tell you now,
I’m in love at first sight.
- I never knew about happiness;
I didn’t think dreams came true;
I couldn’t really believe in love,
Until I finally met you.
– Joanna Fuchs
- Love At First Sight
Love at first sight
It’s hard to explain
But you know when it happens
You feel it in your heart
It’s like you’ve known each other forever
Even though you just met
You can’t deny the connection
You have with this special someone
Love at first sight
Is a once in a lifetime feeling
You know that you want to be with them
For the rest of your life
You can’t explain it
But you know it’s real
And you’ll never forget
The moment you met
Love at first sight
– Iris B. Stehn
Love At First Sight Poems For Her
- How It Started And Ended
After I saw you for five seconds
Your beauty sticks to my memories for more than weeks
Only for a little moment
I can feel my muscles really weak but it all ended
When I saw your curve of your lips
Goes up when you lean your head to his shoulder
There goes my hopes and bliss
Taken and swallowed by the world
- That Moment
When our eyes met in that crowded room
I felt something inside my heart bloom.
I realized that fate had a hand
And if all went according to plan
It had brought me to you
To start a love that we both would cherish
And stay true.
- The First Time I saw Her
Jittery my heart did when the first time I laid my eyes on her
Oh Sweet Lord, look at my heart beating
Help me please because I stopped breathing
As she move her hands and legs following the music
Nailed my senses, I cannot feel the ground
Noticed my muscles dropped around my mouth
Attracted by her dance, I let my mind imagine further, no way it can’t be
Oh my God this can’t be true.
Reality! I need to wake up to reality
I can’t be falling in love by just her beauty
Eye catching, her looks just so eye catching
God Help Me!
Am I in love or it’s just another lust????
- First Love
I ne’er was struck before that hour
With love so sudden and so sweet,
Her face it bloomed like a sweet flower
And stole my heart away complete.
My face turned pale as deadly pale,
My legs refused to walk away,
And when she looked, what could I ail?
My life and all seemed turned to clay.
– John Clare, poetryfoundation.org
then one somnolent night
she danced under the misty light
her face coated with delight
an escape from her petty plight
reassuring herself it was alright
i rolled my eyes and let out a sigh
a twitching smile i could not hide
as the feeling landed with a smite
it was easier if i just denied
falling in love with her at first sight
– Daphne, hellopoetry.com
- The girl in the train
Yellow surrounded with beautiful blue
Like gold trapped inside shining pearls
Do you mind me sitting next to you?
You have godlike eyes unlike other girls Please tell an endless story
And silence all other noise
Never will I get enough
Of that sweet angel’s voice Meet me at the train
When we shall meet again
But this time the rails
Won’t have an end
- And I Catch Those Glimpses
want you to realize
what your lashes hide away. And I want to be behind those eyes
when you look at me that way. And I feel my irises dilate, and my glance falls astray
from those orbs that mesmerize and catastrophize
my love struck brain,
And I just wonder, as my heartbeat flies…
As my gaze takes in the flush of your cheeks… (as I flush mine)
Though that gaze won’t dare rise
to those laughing stars on your face.
I wonder… Tell me, since I’m suddenly shy.
Do your eyes… does your heart dilate the same?
- Far Away
Love at first sight is real
Anyone or anybody can feel it
You know my lips can’t say it
So I’ll see you in my lovely dreams.
– Axel, hellopoetry.com
Love At First Sight Poems For Him
- Hits You
the way it happens
you truly don’t see it coming
I’m afraid theres no escape now
I only long to be in your loving
– Alexandra, hellopoetry.com
- Love at First Sight
They said, Love at first sight is only on the fairytale.
It only lust, not love
It’s only temporary, not permanent
And it doesn’t exist
They were wrong
Till one day I met him,
And he said “Let’s
- I loved you first: but afterwards your love
Outsoaring mine, sang such a loftier song
As drowned the friendly cooings of my dove.
Which owes the other most? my love was long,
And yours one moment seemed to wax more strong;
I loved and guessed at you, you construed me
And loved me for what might or might not be
–– Christina Rossetti, poetryfoundation.org
- Love At First Sight
You froze me in place the first time I saw you,
My feelings are deep and my soul full of many passions.
Why do I feel so strangely after one glance?
All those stories about love at first sight.
Maybe my mom was right.
Your smile was warm and reached from ear to ear.
Your laugh is contagious and warms every corner of my soul.
Why do I feel so connected after one glance?
I try and shake it but you already have a hold on my heart.
– Alan Mercer
- When I First Met You
They said no offense
but he reminds us of you.
Doubt it, I replied.
Then through those doors you stumbled through;
Saying “love is all around,”
and that made me turn around.
A careless glance.
That’s all it took.
to see me,
when I thought
I watched you.
- Falling For A Stranger
I have fallen for you
since the first time
Wanting to know
more about you
was the goal that
You caught me
you would gaze at me;
I looked away quickly—-
Heart pounding but
feeling all giddy.
I want to get to know you more
but I know that I never will;
My flight leaves at seven—-
Can’t we make time stand still?
Even though I didn’t get to ask
for your name;
There’s this hope inside of me
that our feelings——
are the same.
– Joanna Charis, hellopoetry.com
- Love At First Sight
But at first sight
I knew I loved her
We became friends
– Erik Lubbe, hellopoetry.com
Note: The poems in this collection are not original works of MomJunction but have been sourced from various authors. No claim of ownership is being made by us. Credit has been given wherever the details were available. If you are the original author of any poem and wish to have it credited or removed, please contact us. We value the creative rights of authors and will address your request promptly.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the significance of quotes about love at first sight?
Quotes about falling in love at first sight perfectly capture the emotions of someone who has a deep connection with the person they love, and they can be a source of enchantment and admiration for someone who is looking for their own soulmate. These quotes also masterfully capture the feelings that one experiences when unexpectedly falling in love.
2. How do love at first sight quotes differ from other types of love quotes?
Love at first sight quotes are used to describe the intense attraction and infatuation one may feel for a person you have just met, as opposed to traditional love quotes, which can be used at any stage of a relationship to show devotion, passion, fondness, adoration, and love.
3. What elements should be kept in mind when selecting love at first sight quotes?
When choosing a love-at-first-sight quote, make sure it sounds genuine, has significance, is relevant, and expresses what you want to convey.
And it was love at first sight! This feeling that the world around you is a blur when you are with this person is special and difficult to describe. But fear not, for we have got you covered. Whether you want to express your thoughts in a sentimental way or with a dash of comedy or poetry, use any of the above love-at-first-sight quotes to help convey the perfect sentiment to fit your purpose. Proclaim your love to your special one with these quotes and tell them how the first meeting was enough to get you hung up on them for the rest of your life.
Infographic: Quotes About Love At First Sight
Your eyes met, and it felt like the universe finally made sense at that moment, and everything got better than ever before. Well, maybe this is what love at first sight is. To help you express yourself and cherish your feelings, we bring you a list of quotes in this infographic. Share the one that reflects your emotions.
Love at first sight is a magical experience. Let these quotes inspire you to find your own true love. Words for the soul to help you find your happily ever after.