- Free Printable Christmas Ornament Coloring Pages Your Toddler Will Love To Color
- Free Printable Bell Coloring Pages For Your Toddler
- Free Printable Easter Coloring Pages for Your Little Ones
- Top 10 Cross Coloring Pages For Your Little Ones
- Top 25 Batman Coloring Pages For Your Toddler
Christmas is a season of green, red and gold colors! It is more of fun for children as they get gifts from Santa Claus. During the Eve of Christmas, children hung stockings which are filed by their favourite Santa with toys.
If you want your kid to familiarize with Christmas stocking – an empty sock, this is the right article. Children love gifts as well as coloring, so you can double your kid’s fun by giving them these Christmas Stocking coloring sheets. Your children can have fun exploring new opportunities with their creativity!
Christmas Stocking Coloring Pages For Kids:
Narrate stories of how Saint Nicholas dropped three bags of gold in a stocking. This is how the cycle of receiving gifts on Christmas in a stocking by the bedside or fireplace started.
While your darling colors, tell him or her that Santa Claus comes through the chimney every Christmas. He drops toys, gifts, coins, chocolates and other goodies in the stockings. The bigger gifts are gift wrapped and placed by the Christmas tree.
Here are top 18 Christmas stocking coloring pages to print:
1. A Simple Stocking:
Get your little ones excited for the Christmas season with this stocking coloring sheet.
- The coloring sheet features a plain stocking ideal for preschoolers. Ask your child to make patterns of their choice on this stocking. Their stocking is ready to receive holiday treats and goodies.
- You kid can also paste flower cut outs on this stocking. Finish by sprinkling some glitters. This is an intensive work so make sure you accompany your child in this task.
2. A Joker Inside The Stocking:
This image is of a typical Christmas stocking which is filled with presents from Santa. You can tell your older children that they are actually gifts from the family.
- This image shows a stocking being hung from the hook. A joker with a candy cane in hand is peeping out of the stocking while a teddy bear is sliding down the curve of the sock.
- Stockings are available in huge sizes in stores to contain larger gifts. It’s also fun to try some stocking crafts and create your own stocking.
- Candy cane is usually red and white stripped, while stockings can be green or red. Educate your child about the colors and then let them try out different variations.
[ Read: Cross Coloring Pages ]
3. Stockings Hung:
While your kid color, tell him about stockings that they are usually hung on the fireplace as per the legend of the father of Christmas Saint Nicholas. They are also hung on the Christmas tree and beside windows in houses which do not have fireplace.
- This image shows two stockings hung on the fireplace to receive presents from Santa Claus.
- One has zigzag pattern, while the other is stripped. A variety of colors can be added by your child.
- If you have two children, they can mark their names with a marker on the two stockings to claim ownership. That will add fun.
4. Hanging Stockings:
This picture shows a boy and girl hanging stockings in the fireplace. Teach your kid to hang clothes by showing this image. They will enjoy coloring more by identifying themselves.
- In the picture, the boy is seen peeping inside the chimney to see if Santa Claus is coming or not.
- Two bowls of mistletoe known to bring good luck and health is also kept on the mantle.
- The children are in night suits. The clock is showing seven o’ clock which is bedtime for most children.
- Your children can color the picture with so many options of objects in the image.
[ Read: Moses Coloring Pages ]
5. Christmas Stocking With A Bow:
This is a cute picture of stocking which has a bow and stripes all over it. Your child can color the stripes alternatively with green and red or add any other color he likes.
- The stockings also shows gifts and teddy bear, which is pepping out.
- Beautiful stars and balls are behind in the frame which is suggesting Christmas decoration.
- You can also create customized Christmas stockings at home with your child by buying it and add a personal touch to it.
[ Read: David and Goliath Coloring Pages ]
6. Santa In The Stocking:
This image shows a cute small replica of dear old Santa Claus saying ‘Hi’ with gifts to your kid!
- Santa Claus is holding a flute in his hand and there is a candy cane beside him.
- There is also mistletoe at the bottom of the stocking which is decorated beautifully with different stars and spheres.
- Your child will have a variety of options to color this one. Tell your child about Santa Claus’ dress color and also of mistletoes and candy canes’ colors, and then let them prove their creativity.
7. Color By Numbers:
Coloring is more fun when numbers are given along with shades of different colors complying with each.
- A beautiful stocking is shown with gifts, which are packed with ribbons, peeping out of it.
- Children can color it as per the numbers given and the shades written along with it. The places without numbers are to be left white.
- This is also a good way to recognize numbers along with picture.
- Let your younger child color it as it pleases him. Older kid can color it as per the numbers given.
[ Read: Easter Coloring Pages ]
8. Stocking With A Puppy:
Stockings are generally stuffed with gifts for Christmas. What is a better gift to give your child than a cute little puppy!
- This image shows a cute puppy peeping out of the stockings. The stocking has stripes on it which is hung with the help of a nail.
- This is also a wonderful way to wake up your child in a Christmas morning with a puppy in a sock.
- Your child will find this picture cute. Let him color the image with different shades other than red and green.
9. Getting Ready For Christmas Eve:
This image shows two children getting ready for Christmas by preparing their stocking to be hung.
- The image shows the girl preparing stocking to be hung at the fireplace to receive gifts.
- Like in every household, the boy is having milk before bed.
- Tell your child it’s a good habit and good children receive gifts while bad children receive coal in their stockings.
- Your child can color this picture completely with instincts adding variety and shades to the clothes and stocking.
- The stocking also has a bell attached to it, perhaps to be notified when Santa drops in the gifts.
[ Read: Cupcake Coloring Pages ]
10. Fireplace And Stockings:
This image shows a typical fireplace with five socks belonging to five children of the house.
- The size of the socks perhaps denotes the age of the children, while the bigger ones are for the elders and the smallest one belonging to the youngest member of the house.
- You can tell your children that houses which don’t have fireplaces, the stockings can be hung on Christmas tree or window side.
- Your kid has options to color the stockings in five different shades. The picture also shows candles and paper decorations made at the back.
- Glitters can be added to the decorations making the picture lively.
[ Read: Bible Verse Coloring Pages ]
11. Christmas Morning:
Christmas mornings are always dear to children as they receive lot of gifts. Ask your child what she or he wants for next Christmas or what the most favorite gift till date was.
- This image shows a typical Christmas morning where little children are eagerly taking out their stockings from the mantle to see what gifts they have received.
- There is a “Thank You, Merry Christmas” note to Santa Claus being kept on the mantle which is decorated with balls and mistletoes.
- Your child will have a variety of options to color this picture with so many variations and details attached.
- The background can be colored black to depict darkness and also to bring forth the children their clothes and gifts.
12. Stocking Stuffed With Toys:
Here is a Christmas stocking brimming with gifts for your little ones. This coloring sheet will surely get your child in the holiday spirit.
- Ask your child to add the finishes touches to this Christmas stocking with his color set.
- As your child colors this stocking, introduce him to the classic poem “’Twas the Night before Christmas”.
13. Hello Kitty With A Pair Of Stockings:
This cute coloring sheet features Hello Kitty with a pair of stockings.
- Ask your little ones to take out their crayons and add some cheery colors to this scene.
- Teach your child to use complementary colors to make the picture appear more vibrant.
[ Read: Christmas Ornament Coloring Pages ]
14. Santa And Stocking:
This coloring sheet features Santa with a cute stocking. Both Santa and stockings are important symbols of Christmas.
- The lovable Santa has done his job of filling the stocking with the gifts for the little children.
- Ask your child to read the names written on the stockings. This will improve their reading skills.
[ Read: Snowman Coloring Pages ]
15. Girl Putting Up Stocking:
This coloring sheet features a little girl putting up stockings by the fireplace.
- The little girl is trying her best to beautify the fireplace so that she can get the best gift from Santa.
- You can also tell your child to create her own mini stocking after coloring the sheet.
16. ‘S’ For Stocking:
Here is an S for stocking coloring sheet for your preschool children.
- Tell your child to trace the uppercase and lowercase letters and then use the right colors to fill the stockings. Make sure they stay inside the lines.
- Do not forget to appreciate your child for his work even if you see him making mistakes.
[ Read: Hello Kitty Coloring Pages ]
17. Connect The Dot:
Here is a connect-the-dot stocking coloring sheet for your little one.
- Ask your child to connect the dots in the numerical order.
- Then she can enjoy filling the stocking with her favorite colors.
[ Read: Kitten Coloring Pages ]
18. List Of Stocking Stuff:
Here is a fun coloring sheet for your little one. Ask him to write about the gifts that he would like to receive this Christmas.
- Then tell him to color the stocking in bright and vibrant colors.
- This coloring sheet will not only help your child improve motor skills but will also lay the foundation of strong handwriting skills.
[ Read: Letter S Coloring Pages ]
While Your Child Adds Color To Christmas:
Apart from coloring, you can have plenty of fun with your kids during Christmas time. Here are some ideas:
- Gift your kid with this beautiful Christmas stockings coloring pages.
- Also surprise him by giving the real colorful stockings filled with nuts fruits and coin shaped chocolates.
- Hum these lines while they color these Christmas stocking pictures to color and let them repeat the same.
“When Christmas Eve comes, into bed you must creep,
And late in the night when you are all asleep
He is certain to come, so your stockings prepare,
And hang them all close to the chimney with care”
“The stockings were hung by the chimney with careIn the hope that Saint Nicholas will be there.”
Sometimes your child waits all the year round to receive the gift he or she wants and prays year round. Encourage your child to enjoy the spirit of Christmas more with these activities of coloring. Hope your kid loved spending time with these free printable Christmas stocking coloring pages online.
How did your kid feel when you gifted him or her with Christmas gifts? Share your experience by commenting below.