- Why should you be loyal in your relationship?
- What are the qualities of a loyal partner?
- How to be loyal in a relationship?
Jay was accused of dishonesty at work. He tried to explain his side of the story, but the management refused to listen. His colleagues were skeptical about his intentions. He felt dejected and lonely. But he was sure one person will steadfastly be with him – his wife.
A loyal partner gives us the strength to face difficulties, makes us confident about our relationship, and contributes to our successes in life. Loyalty is the foundation for a long-lasting and intimate relationship.
[ Read: Stress In A Relationship ]
Why Should You Be Loyal In Your Relationship?
There are a plenty of reasons for you to be loyal to your partner. Here are some of them:
- Being loyal to your partner is a matter of pride.
- It motivates your partner to be loyal to you.
- It is good for a long-lasting marriage.
- You are at peace by being faithful. There’s nothing to hide or fear.
- It improves your sex life. It encourages your partner to be great in bed.
- You focus on your relationship and avoid casual flings and one-night stands.
- When you are loyal, your partner trusts you completely and surrenders to you. You get to understand them inside out.
- Loyalty adds to your positive attributes; it increases your value and credibility among friends and family. You feel confident and your morale is high.
- By being loyal, you are stress and mess-free.
- By being faithful, to your partner you set exemplary relationship goals for your children.
Now you know the need to be loyal. Do you want to know if you are loyal to your partner and vice versa? Check for these qualities, then.
[ Read: Trust In A Relationship ]
What Are The Qualities Of A Loyal Partner?
Do you/ your partner have these qualities of loyalty?
- Supportive: You are there for your partner, no matter what the situation is. You might disagree with the person privately but in the public you are with them. You go an extra mile to support them.
- Integrity: You are righteous, and do not give in to temptations. Before you do something, you think about its repercussions on your relationship with your spouse. You meet the societal standards of integrity.
- Respectful: You are respectful to your partner not just in front of them but behind their back as well. You do not talk negatively about them in front of your family or friends. Also, you do not entertain such comments on your partner by any other person.
- Trustworthy: Your partner trusts you because you are loyal, sincere and honest about your opinions and feelings. You speak the truth and this encourages your partner to be truthful to you.
- Committed: You are committed to the relationship. You love your partner and express your love by being committed and dedicated to them.
- Intimate: You are physically and emotionally intimate with your partner. You share your dreams and fears with them, and encourage them to be open with you.
Such qualities of loyalty in you encourage your partner to reciprocate. Two loyal partners make a relationship work wonders.
If you have these qualities, it is great. But if you are in a new relationship and want to develop these characteristics, then read on. We’ll help you with that.
[ Read: Arguments In A Relationship ]
How To Be A Loyal Partner?
To be loyal to your partner is easy and simple only if you have the heart to do it. Here’s how you can do that:
1. Be loyal to yourself:
Loyalty to the other person begins when you are honest and sincere to yourself:
- Make sure that your partner is the right person for you to share your life.
- Ask yourself if you want to be loyal and committed to your partner. It cannot be enforced by somebody but should come from you so that there’s no conflict with your conscience.
- Don’t pretend to be loyal to please your partner; you will only be paving way to unhappiness if you do so.
2. Be real and practical:
Don’t try to be perfect, no one is! All of us have some shortcomings. Don’t try to cover up your imperfections, just stay real.
- Talk to your partner about your strengths and weaknesses.
- Tell them there are certain things which you can’t change, and ask them if they are alright with it.
- Similarly, accept your partner the way they are.
- Your acceptance will give them the confidence to accept you.
3. Love your partner the way you want to be loved:
You want your partner to love you and be faithful and honest? Then set an example by being so yourself. It inspires your partner to reciprocate.
4. Provide emotional and physical support:
On a difficult day, all your partner might need is a hug or a shoulder to rest on. Empathising and providing what your partner needs builds loyalty.
- If you feel something’s bothering your partner, ask them about it. Help them come out of it.
- At the same time, give your partner the space they require just as you want your space. Don’t force your partner to share every detail with you.
5. Be committed and honest to your partner:
Commitment is constant in your relationship even when your love for your partner keeps changing. Also, honesty and loyalty go hand-in-hand.
- Take time to talk to each other.
- Appreciate and complement each other but be honest with them.
- Stand by your promises.
- Share your deepest feelings and thoughts with them.
[ Read: Tips To Fix A Broken Relationship ]
6. Resist temptations and stay faithful:
It is natural to get tempted to have an affair outside of your relationship. Your loyalty lies in resisting such temptations.
- When you feel tempted, take time out, and reflect on what you are about to do.
- Control your impulses; they might bring momentary pleasure but can cause pain later.
- Prioritize your things and exercise self-control.
- Walk away if your instincts tell you that there is a risk involved.
7. Take responsibility for your mistakes:
Own up your mistakes instead of blaming somebody else for that. If your partner asks for clarification, be honest and straight with it.
8. Make your partner your priority:
Put your partner’s needs above anything else. Take care of them when they are sick, take pride in their achievements, give them your time.
9. Be there for your partner in good and bad times:
“A woman’s loyalty is tested when her man has nothing, and a man’s loyalty is tested when he has everything.”
Circumstances are not always in your favor; when things go wrong, stick to your partner’s side and honor your marriage vows.
10. Accept your partner unconditionally:
We all have our imperfections. Don’t underestimate your partner or make them feel small. Accept the way they are, get a perspective of the bigger picture so that both of you can evolve.
11. Maintain confidentiality:
Keep your partner’s secrets to yourself. When they confide in you, they expect you to keep it with you and not share it with others.
Loyalty is a rare quality; if you have it, make every effort to retain it. But loyalty is mutual too. If you are loyal to your partner, so should they be to you. If they aren’t, then your loyalty doesn’t mean much to the relationship.
Do you have any experience to share? Leave your comments in the section below.
- What Is Relationship Anxiety
- Relationship Rules That Strengthen Your Bond
- How To Come Out Of Toxic Relationships
- Long Distance Relationship Quotes
Latest posts by Kalpana M (see all)
- 20 Fun Couple Games For Party And Private Times - July 17, 2018
- Depressed Spouse: What Causes Depression And How To Deal With It - July 12, 2018
- Social Security Benefits For A Divorced Spouse - June 27, 2018
- 27 Exciting Baby Shower Prizes For Guests - June 22, 2018
- Loyalty In A Relationship: Its Qualities And Ways To Strengthen It - June 14, 2018
- Cheating On A Spouse: Why Do They Do And How To Confront Your Partner - June 5, 2018
- 101 Romantic Birthday Wishes for Husband - June 4, 2018
- 24 Best 1st Birthday Invitation Wordings - May 31, 2018
- 101 Inspirational Family Quotes And Sayings - May 30, 2018
- Stress In Relationship: What Are Its Signs And How To Deal With It - May 29, 2018