Storytelling has been around since ages. These days though, the storytelling venues have changed. Gadgets like smart phones, computers or televisions offer more technologically advanced stories.
Still amidst these gadgets, storytelling holds a very important place when it comes to ensuring a healthy development in children.
Benefits Of Storytelling:
- Stories help children interact with the society around them.
- Your child develops a quest for knowledge and also familiarizes himself with the real world.
- Unlike the various apps, video games, television shows and movies, stories offer a live human interaction and fun filled experience.
- Your child starts responding to emotional reactions and becomes familiar with narrative tactics of the storyteller.
- It offers a great opportunity for him to develop his listening skills, make eye contact and patiently wait for the story to complete.
[ Read: Benefits Of Storytelling For Kids ]
Short Stories And The Impact On Young Minds:
Short stories generally come with moral lessons that can be implanted in young minds, which they will ponder upon while growing up.
Here are some of the ways short stories create an impact on your child:
- Short stories help develop creativity in your child. Doctors believe that you can turn your child into a creative thinker by narrating stories and describing places, situations and characters while reading.
- Since short stories are not very lengthy, it is a good way to help your child learn to focus.
- Short stories provoke questions and enable your child to see the real scenarios.
[ Read: Crane And The Crab Stories For Kids ]
The Magic Pot Story For Kids:
To help your child develop reading habits and interests in books, you can read The Magic Pot short story and enjoy together. Here is how the story goes:
- There was a farmer named Gopi, who lived in a village.
- He possessed few acres of land.
- He was digging the field on a hot summer noon, when he hit something.
- He went on digging and found a metal pot.
- The pot was so huge that one could cook rice for 100 people in it.
- Gopi thought it wasn’t of any use and went on digging.
- He got tired after digging for so long and out of frustration threw the pot and the spade. After that he sat under a tree to rest.
- When he was about to leave, he saw something unbelievable.
- He found around a hundred spades inside the big pot. He was overwhelmed with joy over his good fortune.
- This made him think it was a ‘magic’ pot.
- He then decided to keep a mango in it. Within fraction of seconds, he was amazed to see hundred mangoes inside.
- He took the pot with him and kept it in a secret place in his house.
- He started putting things in the pot that turned hundred folds.
- With time he became very rich and soon the king came to know about it.
- The king inquired about the pot and wanted it to be in his treasury, if it was something valuable.
- The king did not know what to do when the pot was brought to him.
- While trying to peep inside it, he accidentally fell in.
- Upon climbing up he was shocked to find hundreds of kings around him.
- All of them started climbing up the throne and fighting among themselves.
- The king eventually died of shock.
- The farmer accounted that out of curiosity the king had killed himself and left the pot in the king’s treasury.
[ Read: Classic Stories For Kids ]
Stories like “The Magic Pot” are a highly interesting and adventurous way to help your child know about the good conducts and morals. These are your child’s formative years when you need to teach about the good values.
Moms share with us similar short stories that you love telling your child in the comment section below.
- ‘The Town-Mouse And The Country-Mouse’ Story For Your Kids
- ‘Sindbad – The Sailor’ Story For Your Kids
- The Story Of ‘Crane And The Crab’ For Your Kids
- ‘The Crab With The Golden Claws’ Story For Your Kids
- The Story Of The Fox And The Stork For Your Kids
Latest posts by moumita ghosh (see all)
- 8 Effective Tips To Relieve Finger Pain During Pregnancy - November 23, 2015
- Top 5 Camel Crafts For Preschoolers And Young Kids - November 23, 2015
- 4 Interesting Winter Craft Ideas For Your Toddler - January 21, 2015