The magic pot story teaches children how greed can cause troubles in life. Storytelling has been around since ages. These days though, the storytelling venues have changed. Gadgets like smart phones, computers or televisions offer more technologically advanced stories.
Still amidst these gadgets, storytelling holds a very important place when it comes to ensuring a healthy development in children.
Benefits Of Storytelling
- Stories help children interact with the society around them.
- Your child develops a quest for knowledge and also familiarizes himself with the real world.
- Unlike the various apps, video games, television shows and movies, stories offer a live human interaction and fun filled experience.
- Your child starts responding to emotional reactions and becomes familiar with narrative tactics of the storyteller.
- It offers a great opportunity for him to develop his listening skills, make eye contact and patiently wait for the story to complete.
Short Stories And The Impact On Young Minds
Short stories, folklore, and legends generally come with moral lessons that can be implanted in young minds, which they will ponder upon while growing up.
Here are some of the ways short stories create an impact on your child:
- Short stories help develop creativity in your child and boost their imagination. Doctors believe that you can turn your child into a creative thinker by narrating stories and describing places, situations and characters while reading.
- Since short stories are not very lengthy, it is a good way to help your child learn to focus.
- Short stories, whether moral or mythical, provoke questions and enable your child to see the real scenarios.
The Magic Pot Story For Kids
To help your child develop reading habits and interests in books, you can read mystical stories such as The Magic Pot short story and enjoy it together.
Here is how the story goes:
- There was a farmer named Gopi, who lived in a village.
- He possessed few acres of land.
- He was digging the field on a hot summer noon, when he hit something.
- He went on digging and found a metal pot.
- The pot was so huge that one could cook rice for 100 people in it.
- Gopi thought it wasn’t of any use and went on digging.
- He got tired after digging for so long and out of frustration threw the pot and the spade. After that he sat under a tree to rest.
- When he was about to leave, he saw something unbelievable.
- He found around a hundred spades inside the big pot. He was overwhelmed with joy over his good fortune.
- This sorcery made him wonder it was a ‘magic’ pot.
- He then decided to keep a mango in it. Within fraction of seconds, he was amazed to see hundred mangoes inside.
- He took the pot with him and kept it in a secret place in his house.
- He started putting things in the pot that turned hundred folds.
- With time he became very rich and soon the king came to know about it.
- The king wanted to solve the mystery and inquired about the pot and wanted it to be in his treasury if it was something valuable.
- The king did not know what to do when the pot was brought to him.
- While trying to peep inside it, he accidentally fell in.
- Upon climbing up he was shocked to find hundreds of kings around him.
- All of them started climbing up the throne and fighting among themselves.
- The king eventually died of shock.
- The farmer accounted that out of curiosity the king had killed himself and left the pot in the king’s treasury.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is the ‘Magic Pot Story’ a folktale or a fable?
The ‘Magic Pot Story’ is a fable as it is a short story with a moral. Its purpose is to make children understand the importance of values, ethics, and good behavior.
2. How does the ‘Magic Pot Story’ relate to other stories with similar themes?
The ‘Magic Pot Story’ is similar to other stories that are based on greed and its consequences on our life. For instance, these stories are similar to the story of ‘King Midas and the Golden Touch’ or ‘The Hen that Laid Golden Eggs,’ depicting how greed can destroy man.
3. How can we apply the lessons learned from the ‘Magic Pot Story’ to our lives today?
The ‘Magic Pot Story’ teaches one to understand the consequences of being greedy in life. It teaches the importance of being content with what you have and not being in a rush to get more.
Storytelling is a unique way to acquaint your child with the world around them. While keeping your child away from electronic gadgets, stories take your child to an enchanted world. Narrating amusing and engaging short stories such as the Magic pot story can help improve your child’s cognitive and communication skills. Besides, fables can strengthen your child’s moral and ethical understanding, necessary for their personality development. Above all, you and your child get to spend quality time together, which can help you create ever-lasting memories.
Infographic: How Reading Stories To Children Benefits Them
Right from an early age, parents read stories to their children to keep them engaged and entertained and to put them to bed. But do you know, there is much more to reading stories to children? Read the infographic below to learn about the various advantages of reading stories to children.
Join us for a fun-filled bedtime story about The Magic Pot. This incredible fable teaches children how greed can cause troubles in life.