Teens love experimenting with makeup, and a new trendy look makes a fashion statement. If you are wondering what makeup you should wear, we have put together makeup hacks for teenage girls to make your job easy. While some teens prefer bold makeup, some love to keep it neat minimal. If makeup seems like a daunting task for you, we have compiled a list of makeup hacks so you can rock a perfect face with minimal makeup. Know that it’s not necessary to wear full-face makeup during teenage. Simply covering up a few blemishes and adding a few colors is what you need to look flawless as a teenage girl.
5 Important Makeup Tips For Teens
Makeup is a great tool to help accentuate your best spots and give your natural beauty a boost. Once your teen decides to venture into makeup, there are a few tips that will help keep it youthful and fresh, without looking made up. The following makeup tips will help:
1. Pre-Makeup Skin Care:
You may not feel skin care and makeup can be related, but the two go hand-in-hand. Your teen’s skin is still sensitive and this will be the first time it is exposed to harsh makeup.
- Ask your teen to clean her face using a gentle cleanser.
- The next step is to use a toner that will help settle the pores and prepare the skin.
- The last step in this cleansing, toning and moisturizing routine is to hydrate the skin using a good moisturizer that is not too heavy but will hydrate.
2. Less Is More:
When it comes to teen makeup, less is always more, this is one of the essential makeup tips for teens.
- Your teen does not have to use foundation, unless she has certain areas she needs to hide.
- In that case, a concealer can also come in handy.
- Using a foundation can make your teen’s overall makeup look too heavy. It can also cast an unnatural and fake look to the skin. A foundation can sometimes be used when it is a very special occasion.
- In that case, it is important to select a foundation that is light and will not melt easily.
- The alternatives to using a foundation are a concealer to hide the exact spots or a tinted moisturizer.
3. Choosing The Right Shades:
Makeup styles play a big role in the overall look and the shades used can make or break the effect. These makeup tips and tricks for teenagers will help them choosing the right colors.
- Foundations, concealers and tinted moisturizers all come in a range of shades to match various skin tones. It is important your teen find the one that is the closest skin tone match.
- Always help your teen try out a new shade of foundation, concealer or tinted moisturizer by applying it around the jaw line. Trying it out on the back of the hand will not result in a true match.
- A good time to check the shades is in day time, when your teen can pop out of artificial light and see how it actually looks on the skin.
4. Lipstick Or Lip Gloss:
Based on the overall look, your teen can decide on a lipstick or a lip gloss.
- A lip gloss can help to add a more youthful and fresh look to your teen’s makeup. It will be light and more natural.
- A lipstick may sometimes look too heavy or made up. Also, it has more chances of creasing or drying out the lips.
- If your teen is wearing a shimmery makeup overall, it is best to tone it down using a light or nude lipstick.
- If the overall look is fresh and natural, a lip gloss will add that touch of glamour.
- Your teen can also use a blush or lip tint instead of going all out with a lipstick or lip gloss.
5. The Lash Tricks:
Depending on the place your teen is going, there are various styles to wear on an eye lash.
- Blue and green eyes will look best with brown mascara.
- Dark eyes will look best with darker shade of mascara.
- To give your lashes a lift, use an eyelash curler at the root of the upper eye lashes. Follow it up with mascara in an upward motion.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How can I look pretty in five minutes without makeup?
You can look pretty and attractive in five minutes by following these simple steps:
2. At what age can my child wear a concealer?
It is better not to allow your daughter to wear concealer until she reaches the age where her skin has matured. This is because children’s skin is usually soft and delicate, and using makeup on their skin might spoil its texture and lead to allergies.
As your children reach their teenage years, they might become more interested in accentuating their looks with makeup. If this is true with your daughter, you may introduce her to some useful makeup hacks for teenage girls. These tips will help them achieve a flawless look without seeming heavy or unnatural. So, before introducing makeup to them, emphasize that skincare holds great importance. Makeup looks good if teenagers have great skin. Encourage them to keep their makeup subtle, choose the right shades, and finish with a good lip gloss or lipstick. Also, let them develop healthy eating habits and a proper lifestyle to look good.