People get tattoos to look unique or to honor someone significant in their lives. As the tattoo is forever, it is usually dedicated to the most intimate relationships in our lives. These are the relationships which made a huge impact on us, and we cannot imagine our lives without them.
One such relationship is that of a mother and her daughter. If you want to declare your love for your mother or daughter, then do it through a tattoo.
To help you pick a unique tattoo, MomJunction brings you these 35 unique mother daughter tattoo ideas.
Cute Mother and Daughter Tattoos
If you are looking for small mother-daughter tattoos, then here are some cute designs.
- Heart Tattoo: This is an adorable tattoo idea. It has as a mother and baby giraffe whose hearts are united. It is a cute way to say that a child is a part of the mother’s heart.
- Mother Daughter Symbol Tattoo: This is a unique symbol which has a mother holding her daughter. You can get this tattooed on your wrist and have the words ‘love you forever’ written below.
- Elephant Tattoo: Elephants are said to have strong maternal instincts. So this cute mamma elephant and baby elephant locking trunks is the perfect mother-daughter tattoo.
- Mother Daughter Celtic Knot Tattoo: This tattoo has a unique and intrinsic design and belongs to the Celtic culture. This tattoo symbolizes the unbreakable bond between a mother and her daughter. It also signifies the beginning of a new life for the mother and daughter.
- Infinity Tattoo: Infinity tattoos are the symbol of unlimited love. If your love for your mother/ daughter is infinite then choose this tattoo. You can also add words ‘mother’ and ‘daughter’ or your names along with hearts to make it more special.
- Like Mother Like Daughter Tattoo: Do people say you look exactly like your mother or your daughter looks exactly like you? Do you both share some unique and quirky habits? Then this tattoo idea is to say that you are proud of each other. To make it more personal, get the fingerprints of each other inked in the form of a heart.
- Butterfly Tattoo: Butterflies are believed to be a symbol of hope, change, and endurance. Why not get this meaningful mother-daughter tattoo, which says that the mother is the one who gives wings to the daughter, and she also teaches her to fly.
- Flower Tattoo: A lotus flower signifies divine beauty and purity. It also symbolizes attachment and detachment (they float with long stalks attached to the ground, and water drops cannot stay for long on the leaves). This is an excellent idea for a mother-daughter foot tattoo.
- Disney Tattoo: Mrs. Potts and Chip from the Disney movie Beauty and the Beast make another cute mother and daughter tattoo. The mother can have the teapot tattooed while the daughter can have the teacup.
- X-O Tattoo: This is a sweet mother-daughter tattoo idea, where both of you can have an ‘X’ and ‘O’ tattooed on your wrists to symbolize hugs and kisses.
- Meaningful Mother Daughter Tattoo: This is a simple, yet a meaningful idea. The mother will get a heart tattoo, which has a smaller heart inside it colored in red. The same small red-colored heart will go on the daughter’s wrist. This shows that the daughter is a piece straight from the mother’s heart.
- Classic Mother Daughter Tattoo: You can get a classic mother-daughter tattoo design and give it a modern twist. The mother and daughter can get hearts tattooed with either each other’s names or just ‘mother’ ‘daughter’. Use contrasting colors to bring out the details.
- You Are My Sunshine Tattoo: This is another tattoo which can stand as a symbol of the unique bond. This tattoo has the lines ‘you are my sunshine’ and ‘you are my only sunshine’, which tells that no matter what the mother and daughter are always there for each other.
- Sweet Memories Tattoo: Memories are the most precious moments in our lives. With this tattoo, you can preserve your mother-daughter memories forever. For example, if you both have been on a holiday, then get the most significant part of the holiday tattooed.
- Moon and Star Tattoo: In this tattoo, one has the moon and the other the star. Just like how the moon and stars are always together, this is a perfect symbol to show the connection between a mother and her daughter.
- Bird Tattoo: This is another adorable mother-daughter tattoo idea. You can get a mama bird and a baby bird sitting on a tree branch tattooed on each other’s wrist.
- Heart Knot Tattoo: This tattoo has two hearts intertwined and tied into a knot, signifying the intimacy and strength of a mother-daughter relationship. This unique design is sure to grab attention.
Mother Daughter Matching Tattoos
These matching tattoos are a unique way to show the world your love for each other. These tattoos have two parts, which carry significant meaning, just like the bond between a mother and daughter.
- Always-On-Mind Tattoo: This is a cute mother-daughter matching idea. One can get the words ‘always on my mind’ and the other ‘forever in my heart’ tattooed. This tells the world that you and your mother will always love each other forever.
- Tree Tattoo: This tattoo has a deep meaning and is perfect for a mother and daughter duo. In this idea, the mother and daughter are like the two branches which form two parts of a heart. They share the same roots signifying the fact that no matter how far they are from each other, they always stay connected.
- Quotes Tattoo: This tattoo idea perfectly reflects the emotional bond between a mother and daughter. To make it even more personal, you can create a heart with your fingerprints and get it tattooed.
- I Love You Tattoo: This is another cute mother-daughter matching idea where you both try to compete in your love for each other. The daughter can get the lines ‘Mom, I love you,’ and the mother can get ‘I love you more,‘ tattooed on the wrist or hands.
- Yet Another I Love You Tattoo: This is another tattoo idea to show off the love between a mother and daughter. The daughter can get the lines ‘I love you, Mommy’, and the mother can get ‘I loved you first’.
- Everlasting Bond Tattoo: The bond between a mother and her daughter is unbreakable. It forms the day the mother knows she is pregnant. This tattoo signifies this everlasting bond.
- Pinky Promise Tattoo: With this tattoo, you can promise each other that your bond is forever.
- Wings and Anchor Tattoo: In this tattoo, the daughter will get a feather and flying birds with the words ‘I’ll be your wings,’ and the mother will get connecting birds, an anchor along with the words ‘and I’ll be your anchor’. This tattoo signifies that the daughter will fulfill the mother’s dreams, while the mother will support her throughout her life.
- Lock and Key Tattoo: She is the mother’s precious little girl. The daughter is the key to the mother’s heart. And this tattoo signifies exactly that.
- Congruence Sign Tattoo: This is a mathematical symbol used to show the relation between two equal things. You can get this symbol tattooed to show that you both are similar to each other.
- Mother Daughter Mandala Tattoo: The word Mandala means ‘circle’ in Sanskrit. This tattoo is usually flower-shaped and filled with squares and triangles. It is a symbol of unity and completeness. The mother and daughter can get half each of the Mandala tattooed such that when they are united, the circle gets complete.
- Matching Lines Tattoo: Sometimes a simple tattoo can also convey your love. If you want to get a subtle tattoo and do not have any particular idea, then you can ask the tattoo artist to suggest some matching symbols or lines.
- Deer Antlers: This has a deep meaning. According to Celtic mythology, deers are considered the protectors of the forest. By getting this tattoo, you can tell the world that you both will always protect each other.
- Long Distance Tattoo: This tattoo works for those mothers and daughters who live far away from each other. The tattoo has two ladies having a tin can call. Have each lady on one end of the tin can on each other’s hands or ankles, such that when you put your hands together it would complete the call.
- To The Moon And Back Tattoo: This phrase means you love someone abundantly. And is a perfect idea to show the love between a mother and daughter.
- Animal Lovers Tattoo: If you both have a soft corner for cats, then show off your interest through this tattoo.
- Turtle Doves Tattoo: Turtle doves stand for friendship and love. Get this tattoo, in which two turtle doves are holding a string that knots in a heart symbol.
- Unconditional Love Tattoo: Mother is the epitome of unconditional love. She can go to any extent to protect her children. If you have one such super mom, then honor her with this tattoo.
When you feel letters or quotes are not enough to express your love for your mother/ daughter, then get an adorable tattoo, which will stay forever. You could get it done on a birthday, Mother’s Day or any special occasion.
Do you have a mother-daughter tattoo idea? Share it with us in the comments section below.