Mother’s Day is celebrated every year on the second Sunday of May. While you can, of course, express your love for your mom at any time, Mother’s Day quotes for kids are especially helpful in communicating your respect and admiration for your mother.
There are a host of gifts you can buy or make for your mother, but adding a personal touch to her day will no doubt make her smile. A great way to do so is to share a beautiful message or quote with her, which will tell her just how much she means to you. And, if you are looking for some ideas to help you with quotes, messages, wishes, sms texts and greeting cards for Mother’s Day, keep reading.
Here is our ultimate list of all the Mother’s Day quotes, greetings, wishes, texts and more that you can use on Mother’s Day to tell your mom what she means to you:
“M” is for the million things she gave me,
“O” means only that she’s growing old,
“T” is for the tears she shed to save me,
“H” is for her heart of purest gold;
“E” is for her eyes, with love-light shining,
“R” means right, and right she’ll always be,
Put them all together, they spell “MOTHER,”
A word that means the world to me.
- A Mother’s Love:
Your arms were always open when I needed a hug. Your heart understood when I needed a friend. Your gentle eyes were stern when I needed a lesson. Your strength and love has guided me and gave me wings to fly.
- Mothers hold their children’s hands for a short while, but their hearts forever.
- I believe in love at first sight, because I’ve been loving my mother since I opened my eyes.
You may be treated like the maid,
You may be treated like the gardener,
You may be treated like the daycare,
You may be treated like the chauffer,
You may be treated like many things.
But one thing is for sure,
You will always be loved.
For a fathers work may be from sun up till sundown,
But a mothers work is never down.
And all that I have, am, and hope to be, I owe to you,
So this is for all the times I forgot to say THANK YOU!!
- A young boy said to his mother, ‘How old were you when I was born?’ His mother replied, ’23.’ ‘Wow, that’s a lot of time we missed spending together.’
- It takes some one really brave to be a mother, someone strong to raise a child and someone special to love someone more than herself.
- A mother’s work is never done.
She works from morning until dawn.
She spreads her love
And keeps you warm
But only once a year we say Mother, we wish you “Happy Mother’s Day”.
- I love you MOM
No matter what we go through
No matter how much we argue
Because I know,
At the end you’ll always be there for me
Happy Mother’s Day!!
- You were always there for me if I was sick or had a bad dream,
or needed help with my homework.
Even now, you always make me feel loved and important
Even when you have a million other things on your plate..!
Happy Mother’s Day, and thank you Maa.
- Nothing is as special to me as you, mom
Nothing is as precious to me as you, mom
Nothing is as beautiful as your eyes mom
Nothing is as filled with love as your heart mom
Love you always.
Happy Mother’s Day.
- Happy Mother’s Day to the most amazing mother anyone could ask for.
Thank you for being patient and loving,
Never being too busy or too tired
And always being interested in what I have to say.
- Mentor, Organizer, Taxi driver, Handyman, Educator, Referee
these don’t even begin to describe all the things a mother has to be.
To me, you’re just the best mom ever.
** Happy Mother’s Day **
- “Mammy of my heart,
I can’t even imagine what my life would be
if I wouldn’t have you by my side,
thank you for teaching me how to walk
and guide me in every decision I make.
I love you mom, happy Mother’s Day Momma.”
- “Without mothers, our society would be doomed. You are a great example of what it takes to keep the chaos organized.”
- “Oh, the comfort, the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person, having neither to weigh thoughts nor measure words, but pouring them all out, just as they are, chaff and grain together, certain that a faithful hand will take and sift them, keep what is worth keeping, and with a breath of kindness blow the rest away.”
- “I love you mom, and am glad that God blessed me with such a caring mother. You went above and beyond the call of duty many times.”
- “Mom, you must have been hand-picked to be the right mom for me. I wouldn’t be the person I am today if it wasn’t for you.”
- “A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie.”
- “Mom you are one of a kind, and I am glad I get to have you as my mom. I have learned much and felt loved by you.”
- “You have been the most supportive and generous person I have ever known. Thanks for having a huge heart and loving me.”
- “A mother’s heart is a patchwork of love.”
- “Mom, you have all the qualities that make a great mother, and your hard work makes you an even greater mom.”
- “A mom’s hug lasts long after she lets go.”
- “Who fed me from her gentle breast, and hushed me in her arms to rest, and on my cheek sweet kisses pressed? My Mother.”
- I’m so lucky to have you as my mother. I’m sure no one else would have put up with me this long. Happy Mother’s Day!
- You are valuable, because you are a one-of a kind, stupendous, amazing mom. Happy Mother’s Day.
- Don’t poets know it better than others? God can’t be always everywhere, and, so, invented Mothers.
- The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness.
- For the best mom
Who always had a smile for me
I know we may be far apart right now
So here’s a great big hug and kiss
Happy Mother’s Day.
- A mother is she who can take the place of all others, but whose place no one else can take.
- A mother’s love is patient and forgiving, when all others are forsaking, it never fails or falters, even though the heart is breaking.
- Dear mother, your intelligence and knowledge have shown us the way, and we are grateful for you as we live day by day. We don’t tell you how much important you are. Mom, in our world, you’re the brightest shining star.
- A mother loves right from the start, she holds her baby close to her heart. The bond that grows will never falter, her love is so strong it will never alter. A mother gives never-ending love, she never feels that she has given enough. For you she will always do her best, constantly working, there’s no time to rest. A mother is there when things go wrong, a hug and a kiss to help us along. Always there when we need her there, gently wipes our eyes when we shed a tear. So on this day mother I want to shower you with love, gifts and presents are nice but that is not enough. I want to give you a day to have your peace of mind, I promise to be gentle, be good, be helpful and be kind.
- M is for the moments spent together, O is for the optimism you have, T is for your tenderness, H is for the happiness you bring, E is for your everlasting love, R is for the respect I have for you.
- Mother, to one who bears the sweetest name, and adds luster to the same. Long life to you, for there is no other, who can take your place, my dear mother.
- Dear mom, thank you for always being there for me. I should tell you how much I love you every single day, but I don’t. So here it is – I Love You Mom. Happy Mother’s Day.
- You have always been a giver, a heart so kind and true, so it isn’t any wonder, why your family truly loves you.
- I hope your day is perfect, I ask god to watch over you, keep you well and safe from harm, in everything you do. I love you ma.
- When I was young you helped me grow, and taught me all I had to know. Of love and trust and faith and hope, and everything it takes to cope. You may have thought I didn’t hear, or maybe that you weren’t clear. But all the things you taught to me, were heeded over carefully. And now I want to thank you for, your love, your care, and so much more. Happy Mother’s Day Ma.
- God made a wonderful mother, a mother who never grows old, he made her shine of the sunshine, and he molded her heart of pure gold. In her eyes he placed bright shining stars, in her cheeks fair roses you see. God made a wonderful mother, and he gave that dear mother to me.
- My mother, my friend so dear, throughout my life, you’re always near. A tender smile, to guide my way, you’re the sunshine to light my day. Happy Mother’s Day to you mom.
- Dear mommy, thank you for tucking me in, picking me up, and showing me how. Thank you for teaching me to do things on my own, and believing in me when I try. Thank you for hugging me and loving me and doing special things to make me happy.
- Who ran to help me when I fell? And would some pretty story tell? Or the kiss the place to make it well? My mother! How could I ever cease to be, affectionate and kind to thee, who was so kind to me? My mother!
- The only better thing than having you for my mom is my children having you for their grandma.
- When a little girl was asked where her home is, she replied, “Where my mother is.” Mother, you are my home. Happy Mother’s Day.
- Mom is such a special word, the loveliest I’ve ever heard. A toast to you, above all the rest, mom you’re so special, you are simply the best. Happy Mother’s Day.
- Mom, we may sometimes argue, we may have some faults, but I want you to know that, those won’t change my love for you. You will always be the best mom for me. I love you mom.
- Not always eye to eye, but always heart to heart. Mother, I love you.
- Thank you mom for always sharing your smiles, your hugs, your words of encouragement and for all the countless times you’ve been there for me. I love you mom.
- Wishing you song birds to welcome each morning, wishing you flowers to brighten each spring, wishing you laughter and sharing and caring, and all of the joy that each new day can bring. Happy Mother’s Day ma.
- Youth fades, love droops, the leaves of friendship fail. But a mother’s secret love outlives them all.
- If there was a day for everything you have given to me as a mother, it would be a Mother’s Day every day.
- Mom, this bouquet is for the hundred little things you do for us every day, and for the reason that no one can do what you do for us. You are appreciated not just today, but every single day. Happy Mother’s Day mom.
- The warmth and kindness of your heart makes you more beautiful year after year. Wishing you a very happy day today. A Happy Mother’s Day to the most special mom.
- Some kids are born lucky, they get to have the best kind of mom. And I am the luckiest of them all, coz you are my mom.
- I got all my good qualities from you mom. Isn’t it great that you had more than enough for the both of us?
- A mother’s love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path.
- When you’re a child she walks before you to set an example. When you’re a teenager she walks behind you to catch you should you fall. When you’re an adult she walks beside you, so that as two friends you can enjoy life together.
- No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you are the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside.
- You just smile and we live. You just lay your hands to us and we couldn’t have enough. Thank you so much mommy.
- The bond between mothers and their children is one defined by love. As a mother’s prayers for her children are unending, so are the wisdom, grace and strength they provide to their children. Happy mother’s day mom.
- Your pretty smile, your kind eyes, your heart of gold and your healing touch; mother, you are no less than an angel to me. I love you. Happy mother’s day.
- Mom, for every time I have let you down, for every time I made you frown, I know it is too late for an apology, but still I want to say sorry. Like a fool I never realized the value of having a loving mother like you, I know you wanted me to be my best, I realize you wanted me to outshine the rest. I promise to be the best person I can be, I promise to be the winner you saw in me. It won’t go in vain, it won’t escape your eyes, I know you will be watching me from sun down to sun rise.
- Mom, guess how much I love you. I love you more than marigolds love clean fresh cold water in a vase. More than blue furry blue socks love cold bare feet. More than a small library book loves the big library. Mom, I can’t tell you how much I love you, because the love I have for you will never end. Mom, let me just say that I love you.
- God sent me to the arms of an angel. An angel whose arms are always open when I need a hug, whose heart always understands when I need a friend. An angel whose eyes are stern when I need a lesson, whose strength and love guides me and give me wings that enable me to fly. I am most fortunate to call this angel my mother.
- If I had a flower for each time I thought of you mother, I could walk in my garden forever.
- Love is blind because “My mother started loving me before seeing my face”
- Mom I just want to let u know that every day I thank God for blessing me with a mother like u and if I had one wish I would wish that everyone else would at least have a mom half as wonderful as u are. Ur not just my mom but my best friend and I love how u understand me and I can come to u for advice. Thank you for always being here for me, I appreciate all that u give me. I love you ma.
- I know I may not show all of my love for you, but Mom I love you so very much. I love you so much that when I hurt you just by not listening to you it makes me cry. I try really hard to do what you ask, but you just have to remember I’m not perfect. I don’t get everything right the first time. But trust me I sure try hard to. I also want to say thank you for bringing me into this world. Thank you for putting up with all my crap. Thank you so much for listening to all my problems. Thank you for letting me cry on you shoulder. I love you MOM.
- The one who gave me birth, the one who never let me stray, who loved me in an unconditional way, who taught me who to be, always took care of me. That’s you mom! Happy Mother’s Day!
- I want to thank you, tell you that I love you too, and want to be just like you, like the great mother you are, always my shining star. I love you mom.
- A mother is someone who will always protect you. Guide you. Forgive you. A mother is someone who is not human, but an angel.
- I luv u mom
having u makes me feel safe & calm
I miss u mom
Missing touches 2 my face with ur chapped palm
u r the greatest
because u r my mom
- This is Mother’s day…
A day to tell you how much you mean to me.
But Mom… I don’t need any special occasion to tell you…
How much I Love You.
That’s b’coz I Love You each and every day!
- It’s Mom’s day n I am here to do my favorite activity of the day…Guess What???? Mmmmmm…. putting my arms round u ‘n givin’ u a tight sqqqqqquuueeeeezzzeee…. to say…..Mom u r the best!!!
- You made each of my growing up days a bud of joy!
So on Mother’s Day just wanna hug you and say…
Love you bunches!
- Hey Mom do u know what I think of you?
I think you r Berry Berry Special…
I’m the luckiest to have you as Mom
- Wishing you a day as beautiful as you are!
Happy Mother’s Day!
- Definition of MOTHER…the greatest unconditional and infinite love we will ever experience in our existence…
- Mothers are like glue. Even when you can’t see them, they’re still holding the family together.
- Mom, you’ve held onto my hand for a while, but now I am growing up. But just remember, you will always hold on to my heart, forever. Forever there will be love.
- “There should be more than one day to celebrate the women who raised us.”
- “I may call her mom, but she’s the best blessing God ever bestowed on me.”
- Mother’s Day…the one day a year we try to pay our moms back for everything they’ve given us over a lifetime.
- Mother’s love is the fuel that enables a normal human being to do the impossible.
- There are people in this world who spend every day making important decisions, troubleshooting, refereeing fights, nursing egos, doing damage control, and multi-tasking. They are called mothers.
- Great mothers build bridges instead of walls.
- You are my role model and I can’t explain how much I love you…
- Children may outgrow your lap, but never your heart
- A Mother’s Love Is Something We Keep Locked Deep In Our Hearts, Always Knowing It Will Be There To Comfort Us…
- Sometimes you feel as if the world has given up on you, but the one person who remains standing through it all is ur mother
- There is no velvet so soft as a mother’s lap, no rose as lovely as her smile, no path so flowery as that imprinted with her footsteps.
- No language can express the power and beauty and heroism of a mother’s love.
- “I may not say it every minute…i may not utter it every hour…but in every beat of my heart, God knows, I LOVE YOU mom, no doubt.”
- …some do not believe in miracles…yet God created MOTHER’S…
- A mother understands what a child does not say.
- Having a crush is SWEET ! Falling in Luv is XCITING ! Having a Heart-break SHOCKS ! But having a sweet M0ther like you TOTALLY ROCKS.!!
- The most powerful word…MOTHER… the first we will say and the last we will whisper.
- If a mother believes that her child will succeed, the child will succeed.
A mother is someone who should be appreciated and celebrated each day. Mothers’ day is a special day to acknowledge the most important woman of your life and make her feel loved and valued. If you are someone who has a lot to share but is unable to put it into words, these heartfelt quotes and wishes may come in handy. You can use them as a caption on an Instagram post, text, or write a note on a paper. Try any way, and she will be the happiest.