You may have heard some scary labor stories and are possibly are very worried about how you will be tackling your delivery. Well, if that is the case, you need not worry.
While it is true that some labor stories are indeed difficult, yours need not be so difficult or painful. With little help you can do away with the pharmaceutical solutions as well to ease your labor.
10 Natural Ways To Relieve Pain During Labor:
You can enjoy this natural procedure in the most comfortable way. Here are natural ways to relieve pain during labor for you:
- Do not get into the panic mode as your labor starts.
- Keep in mind the breathing techniques you knew and focus on your contractions.
2. A Hot Water Bottle or a Cold Bag May Help:
- You can alleviate your labor pains, aching limbs and backache with a hot water bottle or a cold bag.
- You can take an edge off your cramps with this natural solution.
[ Read: How To Use Black Cohosh To Induce Labor ]
- Firm and slow body massage helps when you are in labor.
- You can ask your partner or your midwife to give you a firm back massage.
4. Choose Comfortable Positions:
- You can move around to find the position in which you are comfortable.
- It may be like impersonating the cocking position of a dog, prostrating yourself or sitting down. Don’t worry about how you look.
[ Read: Positions During Labor ]
5. Talk about your Fears:
- Talk to a trusted friend or a knowledgeable person about your fears.
- When you voice your concerns to someone you can trust you can get practical solutions to your problems.
6. Know More about Labor:
- Look into books, magazines, videos, websites, check with your doula and get in touch with your doctor.
- Once you are familiar with different procedures and customs of child birth at birth centers, hospitals and at home, you can make an informed decision. It is always better to have such discussions before labor.
7. Practice Breathing Techniques:
- Try to take deep breaths in contractions. Moaning and exhaling also helps.
- You can ask your partner to help you if you lost the rhythm by holding hands, or with eye contact.
[ Read: Benefits Of Music During Labor ]
8. Water Therapy:
- Try a Jacuzzi and let the warm water offer you some comforts. Hydrotherapy helps you relax and reduces pain.
- Make sure to keep the jet directed away from your vagina, as you would not want to force water inside.
- An acupuncturist can offer effective and natural pain relief in labor.
- See if the hospital arranges for an acupuncturist or you can find one for yourself.
10. Aromatherapy Can Help:
- A calming atmosphere will help you feel good, whether you are at home or in a hospital set up.
- You can add few drops of essential oils in the water and enjoy a warm bath.
[ Read: Bradley Method Of Childbirth ]
Here are some oils that you can try:
- Lavender: This offers a calming effect and relieves you from back pains. It is also a great antiseptic.
- Ylang Ylang: Offers a soothing effect.
- Clary Sage: This offers sedative, analgesic properties.
- Neroli: This helps when you are nervous or feeling scared.
Check if your hospital has a point for oil burners. In case the hospital provides no arrangements, you can ask if you can carry your own electrical fault. It is good to bring oil burners that evaporate with candle.
- These natural labor pain management procedures are meant to make birthing a more soothing experience for you.
- Different methods are suggested in different stages of your pregnancy.
- If you are looking for a “one-size fits all” solution, you are wasting your time.
- Make sure to be open to new ideas, as your body’s preferences tend to change from time to time.
Natural method of childbirth cannot be completely free from pain. The aim is to address unnecessary sources of discomforts that include ineffective position, lack of proper nutrition and anxiety. Elimination of these factors will make natural birthing a lot more comfortable experience for you.
Hope you liked our ways for natural pain relief during labor Moms share your birthing experiences with us in the comment section below.
- 6 Simple Ways To Induce Labour Pain Naturally
- 5 Best Ways To Prevent Preterm Labour
- 10 Natural & Effective Ways To Speed Up Your Labor
- Does Eating Pineapple Help Induce Labor?
Latest posts by moumita ghosh (see all)
- 8 Effective Tips To Relieve Finger Pain During Pregnancy - November 23, 2015
- Top 5 Camel Crafts For Preschoolers And Young Kids - November 23, 2015
- 4 Interesting Winter Craft Ideas For Your Toddler - January 21, 2015