When considering the best newborn baby gifts, you’d be baffled by the sheer amount of options available online. You can choose from easy-to-store toys to baby-friendly developmental toys, memorabilia, creative toys, clothing, and baby books–the list is endless.
Buying a gift for a newborn can be tricky because of the overwhelming options you have. To make it less complicated and help you choose the perfect one, we list some of the best options that you can choose from. Keep scrolling and take your pick.
Our Top Picks
25 Best Newborn Baby Gifts To Buy
1. Best Practical: Infantino Flip Advanced 4-in-1 Carrier
An essential for all new moms and dads, the Flip 4-in-1 Carrier is ideal for babies weighing 8-32lb. Its thick-padded shoulder straps allow easy and comfortable carrying. A supportive locking belt at the waist balances the weight between the back and hips of the wearer. The practical Flip carrier also includes a Wonder cover bib to protect your clothes and the carrier from baby drool. Check out this video on this product and find out more about its features.
- Four carrying options
- Ergonomically designed
- Adjustable padded head support
- Wide option for bigger children
- Chest straps may be uncomfortable for some
- May not be suitable for plus-size parents
2. Best Comfortable: Fisher-Price Sit-Me-Up Floor Seat
The Fisher-Price seat can hold the baby upright while they look around and discover the world. It has a broad base made of soft fabric that creates a cozy, comfortable seat, while the sturdy supported back protects the baby from falling. The baby seat includes toys that can help the baby improve their gross motor skills as they try to reach and touch the toys. This floor seat can be folded flat for easy storage and carrying. This video takes you through this product’s unique features, making it easier for you to make a buying decision.
- Colorful fabric
- Linkable toys
- Removable and machine-washable seat pad
- Available in various colors
- May not be suitable for chunky babies
- May be challenging to get the baby out of it
3. Best Vibrant: Kiesyo Infant Wrist Rattles
Stimulate your little one’s auditory and visual senses and keep them engaged for hours with this set of rattles by Kiesyo. The rattles come in vibrant colors and fun monkey and panda designs to keep the little ones cooing with delight. The toy set meets CPSC safety requirements and is gentle on the skin, making it perfect for little ones.
- Great for auditory training
- Helps improve a baby’s concentration
- Super cute to look at
- Soft stuffing
- Boosts parent-child interaction
- Rattle sound might be a bit low
- Might be smaller than you expect
4. Best For Soothing Baby: Fisher-Price Infant-to-Toddler Rocker
Fisher-Price offers a convertible rocker-cum-feeding seat that soothes and comforts your baby. It has a toy bar overhead with bat-at toys to help develop the baby’s gross motor skills and hand-eye coordination. The seat has two adjustable reclining positions and a secure seat belt. The seat pad is washable, and the chair is suitable for babies weighing up to 40lb. For a more detailed review of this product, here’s a video.
- Calming vibration
- Doubles as a feeding or playing seat
- Removable toy bar
- Stationary seat position with kickstand
- May not offer proper support to the baby
- Reclining angle on toddler mode may be odd
5. Best For Sensitive Skin: Hudson Baby Plush Animal Face Robe
Most babies love bath time. The Hudson Baby Animal Plush Hooded Robe is the perfect wrap for your baby’s delicate skin. Made of 100% plush fleece fabric, it is super soft and keeps your baby dry and warm after a bath.
The animal hood dries the hair without the need for rubbing and does not make the baby uneasy. If your baby is a fussy bather, the appealing animal designs can excite them and make them amiable in the bath. The robe is available in a single size and is suitable for babies aged zero to nine months.
- Made of 100% polyester
- Suitable for sensitive skin
- Machine washable
- Available in several colors
- Some may find it short
- May stain easily
6. Best For Mealtimes: Magifire Tummy Time Baby Water Mat
The mat is perfect for infants who enjoy a good tummy time. This sensory mat has animals that appear to move due to the water effect, keeping babies engaged. The inflatable water mat is suitable for ages zero to nine months and helps babies improve their limbs and muscle movements, preparing them for their crawling stage. It also improves a baby’s posture, strengthens their neck muscles, and prevents flat head.
- Tested for durability
- Leak-proof mat
- Non-toxic and BPA-free
- Supports brain development
- May not be mold-resistant
- May not be suitable for use in winters
7. Best Sleep-Inducing: Baby Shusher For Babies – Sleep Miracle Soother
The Baby Shusher is a miracle sound machine that does the ancient practice of lulling the baby to sleep. Tiring as it is, moms spend so much time soothing fussy babies to sleep. Some babies even resist sleep and cry, no matter how much you soothe them. The shusher, with 15 to 30-minute timers and a ten-hour battery charge, can help you in such cases.
- BPA-free and durable
- Easy to clean
- Adjustable volume
- Features a removable wrist strap
- May not be break-proof
- May not be adequately loud
8. Best For Luxurious Baths: Blooming Bath Lotus – Baby Bath
Let your baby enjoy bathing in this luxurious Blooming Bath Lotus. It is a hard tub with a soft, thin foam cover and four broad, stylish, and cushy petals of a beautiful lotus. The soft bed cradles the baby from head to toe. Made of crystal mink material and polyurethane foam, it is easy to wash and dry. The baby bath is 33-inch wide from tip to tip and eight inches in diameter at the center. It is recommended for babies up to six months.
- Free of chemicals and flame retardants
- Gentle on the skin
- Mildew- and mold-resistant
- Petals prevent the baby from slipping
- May not be suitable for square sinks
- May not be quick-drying
9. Best Interactive: Lamaze Peek-A-Boo Forest, Fun Interactive Baby Book
The Lamaze Peek-A-Boo Forest is a soft interactive book for your baby who is discovering the world around and loves to explore colors and textures. Encourage your child to feel and move this book around as much as they want since the cloth book will not tear like a regular book. This Peek-A-Boo book can keep the baby busy with its different crinkly animals from the forest. Intended for babies aged six and above, it has rhymes you can read for your baby anytime. The book also promotes fine motor skills and visual recognition.
- Bright and colorful pictures
- Soft cushy pages that are easy to turn
- Promotes hand-eye coordination
- Features different textures
- Might be difficult to dry once washed
- May be smaller than expected
10. Best For Swaddling: Xmwealthy Newborn Baby Wrap Swaddle Blanket: Xmwealthy Newborn Baby Wrap Swaddle Blanket
Xmwealthy swaddle blanket is a soft, comfortable wrap to keep your angel cozy and warm when they sleep. It is knitted from premium quality acrylic that is safe and gentle on your baby’s sensitive skin.
It has wooden buttons and can easily be converted into a sleeping bag. The buttons make it easy to open and close the wrap conveniently. This swaddle blanket is suitable for babies aged up to six months.
- Crochet knit blanket
- Tightly-knit for durability
- Hooded design
- May wrinkle easily
- Material may be thin
11. Best Travel-Friendly: Safety 1st Deluxe 25-Piece Baby Healthcare and Grooming Kit
The Safety Kit by Safety 1st is an assortment of baby essentials to carry while traveling with your baby. It has everything you need for your baby’s care. The case has two transparent compartments that make it simple to organize and see each item. It includes a Gentle Care brush, Gentle Care comb, toddler toothbrush, cradle cap comb, nasal aspirator, 3-in-1 thermometer, and a medicine dispenser.
- Includes an adjustable zippered case
- Comes with baby wipes and five emery boards
- Includes nail clippers
- Comes with a laminated card
- Compact kit
- Nasal aspirator may not be as efficient
- Nail clippers may not be sharp enough
The Burt’s Bees Baby Hooded Towel is soft and gentle on the baby’s sensitive skin. Made of 100% organic knit terry cotton, it quickly absorbs water and keeps your baby dry and warm. This combed and ring-spun single-ply towel is durable, and the headwrap hood is intelligently sized not to cover the baby’s face. The towel measures 29x29in and is large enough to wrap your little one completely.
- Gets softer with every wash
- Lightweight and bio-friendly
- Easy to wash
- Dries quickly
- Some may not like its diamond shape
- May be thinner than expected
A great gift for baby showers or newborn babies, the Mommachi Baby Gift Set Socks can fit babies aged three to 15 months. The four pairs of combed cotton baby socks have spandex elastic closures that do not slip. They are safe and comfortable on the baby’s skin and come in muted, neutral colors that can match any outfit. The socks are suitable for both boys and girls and make the ultimate, exquisitely cute gift box.
- Feature cute and funny quotes
- Grow with the baby
- Non-slip grip
- Available in three variants
- Spelling may be off on some socks
- May wear out over time
This Newborn Baby Gift Set comes in various colors for boys and girls. It measures 29x21x10cm and has everything a newborn needs. The set comprises large muslin cloth for swaddling, baby socks, cotton bodysuit with envelope neck, cotton bib, baby shampoo, baby soap, baby lotion, baby comb and brush set, two nappies for an emergency, soft cotton washcloth for bath time, and a six-inch soft toy.
- Meets European safety standards
- Storage box doubles as a keepsake
- Makes a great baby shower gift
- Available in three colors
- Handle may be fragile
The Aveeno gift set includes seven items for newborns and new mothers. For moms, this pack contains a stress-relief moisturizing lotion and a stress-relief body wash made of organic and relaxing lavender, ylang-ylang, and chamomile oils. For the baby, it includes a tear-free cleansing wash, shampoo made of natural oat extract to soothe and protect your baby’s soft skin, a lotion made of colloidal oatmeal for softer, healthier, and smoother skin, and a baby comfort bath wash with calming vanilla and lavender fragrance.
These items come in a natural canvas tote that is easy to carry. The products are soap-free, paraben-free, gentle on the baby’s skin, and recommended by dermatologists.
- Made of natural ingredients
- Infused with oatmeal
- Offers hydration for up to 24 hours
- Protects from rashes
- Tubes may be tiny
The 23-piece baby set by Spasilk has the required essentials for babies aged zero to six months. It includes four short and three long-sleeve bodysuits, three burp cloths, four 30x30in cozy blankets, sleepwear, five caps, and three pairs of anti-scratch mittens. It also includes one zippered sleeping sack. It is a practical all-purpose gift for a baby shower.
- Bodysuits feature snap buttons
- Easy to wash
- Gets softer with every wash
- Zippered closures
- Bodysuits may be longer than expected
- Blankets may be a bit stiff
Every child likes having a comforting toy, and the Oatmeal Bunny could make an ideal companion for your baby. This creamy white bunny has a three-dimensional stuffed head and an unstuffed body with a super-soft plush texture. It is the perfect cuddle toy and doubles up as a blanket. The 10x13in bunny has long ears with tan trim and satin lining.
- Embroidered eyes, nose, and mouth
- Can be machine-washed
- Air dryer-friendly
- May be smaller than expected
Milestone blankets are a great way to document and record your baby’s growth. You can lay your baby down on the milestone blanket and decorate it with props for a photoshoot. The 40x50in blanket is large enough to set your baby along with milestone props. It is made of premium quality fleece and 100% soft microfiber and is available in various designs. The blanket makes a wonderful gift for proud parents to photo-journal their baby’s milestones.
- Doubles as a swaddle
- Gentle on the baby’s delicate skin
- Can be tumble dried
- Machine washable
- Cannot be ironed
- Material may be a bit thin
Hiccapop Baby Wipe Warmer saves your baby’s sensitive skin from the shock of a cold, wet wipe. It comes in an attractive dispenser box and keeps the wipes warm. The warm wipes can keep your baby calm, especially during cold days or midnight diaper changes. Its top-heated design keeps the top wipes warm. The wipe dispenser is fitted with a soft light that illuminates the changing area, eliminating the need to switch on room lights.
- Automatic shut-off in ten minutes
- Low-voltage power adapter
- Can hold wipes of all sizes
- Features silicone air-tight locks
- Prevents the wipes from drying or discoloration
- May be a bit bulky
- May not retain heat for long
The Baby Layette Gift Cube is a 24-piece clothing set for a newborn baby. It comprises five tee tops, two pants, five bodysuits, and twelve bibs made of 100% cotton polyester. Suitable for everyday use, they are easy to machine- or hand-wash and quick to dry. It is ideal for both baby boys and girls.
- Soft fabric
- Gentle on the baby’s delicate skin
- Feature cute patterns
- Available in various colors
- Bibs are not waterproof
- May not be adequately thick
The set has four rattles suitable for babies aged two to 18 months and is an innovative, educational, and developmental gift. Made of cotton in a stuffed toy style, the four rattles are made for different stages of your baby’s growth. Bright contrasting colors stimulate the baby’s visual senses.
Each rattle is different in shape, size, color, and grip to develop your child’s fine motor skills. They also help in color recognition, counting skills, cognitive processing, and social interaction skills. Grabbing, reaching, and shaking these rattles will strengthen the baby muscles.
- Stimulates baby’s senses
- Helps children recognize animal names
- Suitable for indoors and outdoors
- Organic and child-safe
- Easy to wash
- Seams may require reinforcement
- Contains small parts
Babies are like delicate flowers and should be handled with utmost care. Created with natural plant-based organic ingredients, the Babyganics Hero Essentials are safe for the baby’s skin. The reusable fabric open-cube box with side-pockets includes a foaming shampoo, body wash, moisturizing daily lotion, bubble bath, fragrance-free foaming dish, bottle soap, and an alcohol-free foaming hand sanitizer. It also includes a food-grade toy and wipes for tables and highchairs.
- Free of parabens, phthalates, and sulfates
- Mineral oil- and petroleum-free
- Does not contain artificial dyes and scents
- Cruelty-free and eco-friendly
- Wipes may have a strong scent
- May not be tear-free
If you are looking for a gender-neutral gift, the diaper changing pad by Kpoi Baby could be a great choice. It is a more hygienic and better alternative to public diaper changing stations at a store or a restaurant. This portable diaper bag has a foldable mess-free mat, multi-purpose Velcro straps, reversible wipes bag, diapers, and three storage pockets. Its pockets, straps, and buckles are sturdy, and the mat is easy to clean with a disinfectant and a wet cloth.
- Soft-padded prop-up pillows
- Safe from mildew and abrasions
- Easy to clean
- Waterproof and mess-free
- Changing pad may be smaller than expected
- May have sharp edges
The Huggies Newborn Gift Box could be the perfect gift for newborn babies and expectant mothers on a baby shower. It includes 24 Huggies Little Snugglers Diapers for newborns (fits babies up to 10lb), one 32-size diaper (fits babies up to 14lb), 96 unscented Huggies baby wipes, and a set of Johnson’s baby shampoo and lotion.
The diapers are soft and absorbent and suitable for a newborn’s gentle skin. They have absorbent waistbands to avoid any mess and provide up to 12-hour protection. They are also breathable and have a wetness indicator that changes color when it is time for a nappy change. The newborn-size diapers have a cutout for the umbilical cord to protect the baby’s navel.
- Supple wipes
- Paraben-free and hypoallergenic diapers
- Wipes made of 99% triple-filtered water
- Winnie the Pooh printed diapers
- pH-balanced and free of fragrance
- Box may not be sturdy
The KeaBabies kit includes everything to create your baby’s handprint picture-framed memorabilia. This kit includes a paintbrush, gold paint, and a name and date printing kit. You can select from four color options for the interior frame to match your home decor. It includes premium clay that is soft and safe for your child’s skin. You can either display it with a table stand or hang it on the wall.
- Food-grade clay
- Solid wooden frame
- Glass cover to protect foot and hand prints and pictures
- Comes with video instructions
- May need to press the baby’s hand/foot hard to make prints
- Clay may dry quickly
Things To Consider While Buying A Newborn Baby Gift
Having a newborn in the family or among friends calls for a celebration. It may be exciting to shop for a newborn baby, but it may not be an easy task. A newborn is delicate and fragile, and every gift should be picked with utmost thought and care. Here are a few guidelines to keep in mind while buying a gift for a newborn.
- Product material: Clothes, blankets, baby towels, or soft toys, consider 100% cotton or organic material. It should be ultra-soft to suit the baby’s skin, easy to wash, dry, and not smell or catch mildew. While buying teethers or rattles, buy non-toxic, BPA-free, paraben-free products.
- Parents’ sentiments: Keep in mind the likes and dislikes of the parents. Gifts with untasteful quotes or animal products are to be bought with caution.
- Size: If you are buying clothes for a newborn and want them to be used immediately, stick to zero to three-month tags. If the baby is bigger, pick sizes in accordance.
- Buttons: Ensure baby sleepers, carriers, or wraps do not have buttons that may poke or hurt the baby or are difficult to open and close.
- Age-appropriate gifts: A child tends to put everything in the mouth as a sign of exploration. Avoid giving toys with small parts that the child may swallow and choke on. Buy only those they can handle and discover with their hands as they go through gradual development.
- Convenience: Big needful gifts such as prams, carriers, car seats, rockers, and walkers can be useful but are bulky and space-consuming. Find items that are foldable or can be dismantled for easily carrying and storing them.
- Safety: Pick gifts and gadgets that are not a safety hazard. Heating gadgets, sound or vibrational gadgets, or anything that requires power should be of the best quality and professionally-recommended.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Priti Bose is our in-house product writer who loves curating the best toys and gift options as per your age, occasion, and personal preferences. However, shortlisting the best gift options for babies needs some careful thought and consideration. After multiple site comparisons and scouring several customer reviews, Priti has got you a curation of all the best options. Fun, unique, and engaging at the same time, these gifts are sure to make your newborn feel loved and pampered.
This list of the best newborn baby gifts can help you choose attractive yet useful gifts. Since parents of a newborn require all the help they can get, this list contains a wide variety of useful items, from baby carriers and rockers to plush robes. When buying a gift for a newborn, ensure it is of good quality and has been made with non-toxic materials. Also, ensure it is durable enough to support or be handled by the baby.
View Profile ›