If you are planning to celebrate Parent’s Day, we have created a list of Parent’s Day poems and activities for you. Parents always support and guide us, and as their children, we should dedicate this day wholly to them. If you want to arrange fun activities and keep the entire family engaged, here are some fun ideas to help you. You can recite or write heartfelt poems on personalized cards and gifts to make it more special. So, read on to learn more about these activities to make this Parent’s Day special and memorable.
When Is Parent’s Day?
According to the UN (United Nations), June 1st is Parents’ Day. The day will be celebrated worldwide in honor of all the parents who selflessly look after their children and help them grow up with love and care.
Top Eight Parents Day Poems And Activities
Here is a list of some very sweet Parents’ Day poems and activities that you can share with your family.
Poems For Parents Day:
1. A Million Words Would Be Too Short:
Thank you, mom
Thank you, Dad
Three small words
So much to add
For all your love
And all your support
A million words
Would be too short
The words ‘I love you.’
Seem too few
To express the love
I have for you.
2. Thanks, Mom And Dad:
I love you mom and daddy
You taught me oh so much
I can’t begin to describe all the ways
That my life you profoundly touched
You taught me morals and values
You helped me reach my goals
And all the things I learned from you
Will stay till I am old.
I want to thank you deeply
For being there for me
And for being absolutely, without a doubt
The best parents, one could be.
3. Have A Family Breakfast:
- Plan a breakfast that you all can have in bed.
- Make sure you involve the kids and plan a menu that includes the favorite dishes of each member.
4. Create A Memory Book:
- Use the day to make some fun memories and record them too.
- Make a scrapbook and ask each member of the family to write down something about other family members. Also ask them to share some special pictures too.
5. Watch Movies That Revolve Around Families:
- Have a movie marathon at home, complete with popcorn.
- Select movies that feature families and celebrate relationships between parents and children.
6. Create A Handprint Memory:
- Create a fun handprint wall art that has everybody’s palm prints on it.
- Frame and display it proudly.
7. Say I Love You:
- Let the day be all about the love and joy of being together.
- Tell your parents as well as your children that you love them.
8. Stay Up Late Chatting:
- Use the occasion to spend quality time with your family.
- Stay up late, play board games, chat and tell each other what you like the most about them.
You can express your gratitude to your parents in so many ways, one of which is speaking of your love through parent’s day poems and activities. The activities and poems chosen in this post emphasize the mutual love between parents and children. We have included simple tasks and added a few suggestions to customize the activities in various ways. Also, the poems chosen will convey your love for them in a few words. We hope these activities will make your parents’ day a memorable one.