Today, when everything is a mad rush, it ‘s hard to find ways to bond as a family. We live today with our heads bent over our smartphones, while our kids play on their Xbox. Somehow, we are losing the simple pleasures of life, like sharing a few laughs at the dinner table. But then we cannot blame anybody. It is just the times we live in.
That is why weekends are so important. Weekends are the time when we can finally put our phones away and bond with our family. If you don’t do it already, it is time to start now. Just take a break and spend some time with your kids. And we know what you’ll say next ‘but what is there to do?’ How about taking your kids to a amusement park? Now, that is an excellent way to break the monotony of life. And you can take a few selfies too (not too many though)!
And to make it easier for the busy Mumbaikar to schedule his weekend, we have come up with this great list of amusement parks, water parks, and parks in general in your wonderful city! Why? Because we care about you!
Best Amusement Parks In Mumbai For Kids:
Mumbai is a city bursting with life and excitement. It is no wonder that the city is spoilt for choice when it comes to amusement parks! Here are the best, in no particular order:
Address: R City, 3rd Floor, North Wing | LBS Marg, Ghatkopar (W), Mumbai
Phone: 022-3955 3700
Part of a global indoor theme park chain, KidZania is not just about fun, but also about education. It aims to inspire global citizenship and build strong community awareness amongst children.
- The place shows the workings of a real city, but built on a miniature scale, just perfect for kids.
- Kids get the chance to role-play and ‘work’ as their preferred professional.
- They even get paid for their ‘job’!
- Your kid can be a pilot, stylist, construction engineer, RJ, surgeon, or a firefighter – for a day.
[ Read: Places To Visit In Mumbai With Kids ]
2. Adlabs Imagica:
Address: Sangdewadi, Khopoli-Pali Road, SH 92 Off Mumbai-Pune Express Way, Tal-Khalapur | Dist-Raigad Khopoli, Mumbai
Phone: 022-4213 0405
Whether you are a Mumbai native or just visiting the city, you need to visit Imagica! Adlabs Imagica is a place where memories are made.
- If you have a younger child, try out Imagica’s fun merry go round, Tubby Takes Off. Or you can also try The Magical Carousel.
- If your child is old enough to understand the joy that is driving, let him try Happy Wheels, Imagica’s very own driving school for kids.
- Imagica has many more fun rides and thrills on offer, just give it a try.
Address: Gorai, Mumbai
Phone: 022-6528 0305
Good ol’ Essel World is in a league of its own. It is one of India’s best amusement parks, without a doubt.
- Essel World is the perfect place for the entire family and offers rides for families, adults only, and children.
- Some of the family rides include The Fuji Aqua Dive, rollercoaster ride that will leave you breathless and wanting more.
- You can also spend some time on the Monster, a ride like no other.
- Other family rides include Crazy Cups, Road Train, Riki’s Rocking Alley, Tilt-a-Whirl, Zipper Dipper, Highway Cars, Hedge Maze, Fun Net, Haunted Hotel, and Prabal the Killer.
- Apart from the family rides, your kids too can have some fun with the children only rides.
- Essel World offers 12 fantastic rides for kids.
- Do not miss out on Junior Go Carting, Big Apple, Nataraj Caterpillar, and Play Pot- the most popular attraction for kids at Essel World.
- If your kid is the sporty kind, you can also spend some time at the skating rink.
[ Read: Park Games For Kids ]
4. Snow World:
Address: Phoneix Market City Mall, Ground Level, Mumbai, India
The harsh truth is that Mumbai doesn’t get to experience winters! Comeon, confess up – when was the last time you wore a sweater? Thought as much! But there is so much thrill in chill! Let your kids experience a slice of winter at Snow World!
- Not much to look at, Snow World can be off-putting at first glance, but hang on, the fun is just about to begin!
- The snow slide is, hands down, the best thing about the Mumbai Snow World, especially for younger kids.
- The place also offers a unique place where people (both young and old) can play with balls.
- Your kids can also have fun riding the sleds.
- Or spend some time ice-skating!
5. Yazoo Park:
Address: Narangi Bypass Road, Mumbai
The biggest amusement park of Virar is a must visit place for Mumbaikars. Spread over 12 acres, the best amusement park in Mumbai has a lot to offer to the entire family.
- When at Yazoo, don’t forget to attend the 20 minute long musical water fountain and laser light show.
- If you are looking for some old-fashioned fun, try the giant Ferry’s wheel, which is about 27 meters tall.
- For the more adventurous soul, there’s the Free Fall Adventure Ride.
- For younger kids, try the Yazoo Express Road Train and the Dragon Express.
- The place also offers a Bumping car zone and a fun animal merry go round.
- The security is top notch at Yazoo, and so is the food.
6. Vardhman Fantasy:
Address: Shivar Garden, Kashimira Road | Mira Road (E), Mumbai
If it is a theme park you are looking for, look no further than The World of Vardhman Fantasy. Situated in the middle of Mira Road, Bhayandar, Vardhman Fantasy is truly a dream come true for kids (and adults too). So, if you want to spend some quality time with your kid, head to this amazing theme park in Mumbai today.
- Vardhman Fantasy offers seven different internationally themed zones – enough to keep your kid occupied for one whole day.
- The mascots at the park ensure that each guest is treated like royalty.
- The park offers thrilling rides that will quench your kid’s thirst for adventure.
- The fun zone ‘Seven Wonders Of the World’ is a must visit place at the park.
- And if your kid is a foodie, he will love Vardhman Fantasy’s amazing food court.
7. Tikuji-ni Wadi – Amusement Park:
Address: Tikuji-ni-wadi Road, Manpada,Chitalsar, Thane
If you are looking to spend a weekend away at some fun place, give Tikuji-ni-Wadi a try. The resort offers a great amusement park that will thrill people of all ages.
- The park offers rides that you’ll not get anywhere else in India. The novelty factor is strong here!
- How does zooming through treetops sound to your kid? Well, he can do just that at Tikuji-ni-Wadi’s rotating spin coaster.
- Or he can whizz along a 500-meter track, mid-air in the UFO Cycle.
- Imagine the fun in revolving 360 degrees in a space ship.
- Let him challenge gravity in the whirlwind chairs.
- The park offers over 30 such amazing rides, each ready to thrill your entire family.
Address: Central Avenue, Hiranandani Gardens, Powai, Mumbai
Hakone is home to some fun and thrilling rides – something for everybody. Spend time here and give your kid the time of his life.
- Essentially a sports-based theme park, the place is perfect for outdoor-ish kind of families.
- Let your kid go on the very unique Spanning Rides.
- For younger kids, you can try the Aqua Pad Boats.
- The most popular part of the park is the Go Karting section. You’ll have trouble getting your kid to stay away from those mean machines!
- For teens and older kids, there is the ever-popular paintball!
- And for tiny tots, you can try the mini train ride.
Address: City Studio, Gate 4, Oasis Complex, Next to Kamala Mills Compound, Globe Mill Road, Lower Parel West, Lower Parel, Mumbai
Smaaash is not as expensive as the other parks on this list, which makes it perfect for families watching their budget.
- The park offers a number of rides that appeals to everyone.
- Your kids can also enjoy some time at the 9D theatres.
- The place is perfect for sporty kids and offers a number of games. Your kid can even participate in various sports competitions.
- And to top it all up, Smaaash offers an entire restaurant, dedicated to kids!
Best Water Parks In Mumbai:
The hot and sultry Mumbai summers can be unrelenting. Staying cooped up in your air-conditioned room all summer is really not an option. So, the best you can do is head to a water park! Here are the list of water parks in Mumbai for you:
10. Adlabs Aquamagica:
Address: 30/31, Sangdewadi, Pali-Khopoli Rd | Off Mumbai-Pune Express Way, Tal-Khalapur, Dist-Raigad, Khopoli, Mumbai
Aqcuamagica is the perfect refuge for kids during the hot summer months. But the best part is that kids can enjoy the water park during other seasons too, thanks to Mumbai’s lack of a winter!
- When at Aqcuamagica, you have to try the Zip Zap Zoom -a high-speed mat racer that will take you through enclosed looping tubes.
- Looking for some thrilling rides for your teen? Try Loopy Woopy! A 39 feet vertical free-fall drop – does that sound interesting? But that’s not all! The drop ends into a 360-degree looping slide! Now how’s that for some adrenalin rush?
- What is the fun in a water park without some yelling? The Yell-O is the perfect ride for teens and adults. A slide that goes through a series of twists and turns, and that too at super-high speeds.
- Need some more thrill? Try Raftaastic or Swirl Whirl.
- If you have younger kids, you can opt for The Pirate Bay. It has the Body and Inner Tube slides, with light speeds.
- The place also offers mini slides, water toys and fun characters for young kids.
[ Read: Water Games For Kids ]
11. Water Kingdom:
Address: Gorai, Mumbai, India
Water Kingdom is Asia’s largest water park – now that is a credential worth checking out! Located at Gorai, you can reach the park by road or can even take a ferry! Fun all around for the entire family.
- Water Kingdom is the perfect destination for Mumbaikars as well as tourists.
- Children of all ages can enjoy a day trip st this fun water park.
- Try the Brat Zone, which is as bratty as they get!
- Take a ride through the amazing amazon with Water Kingdom’s wonderful ride, Adventures Amazonia.
- Your kid will also love to spend some fun time at Goofer’s Lagoon.
- Misphisly Hill is also a great attraction at Water Kingdom.
- The park also organizes various fun activities and events throughout the day.
- If food is on your mind, don’t worry! Water Kingdom has some yummylicious food spread out, just for you.
12. Great Escape:
Address: Parol – Bhiwandi Road, Off Vajreshwari RoadBombay Ahmedabad highway, Virar (East), Thane
Sometimes, all you need to do is run away from the mad rush of the city that never sleeps. An escape is just what you need. The Great Escape Water Park is nestled in the midst the beautiful Pelhar mountains. For a day spent away from the hustle bustle of modern life, head to this amazing park. The bonus: your kids will love it there too!
- For the kids, there is the larger than life 40-feet water slide – the perfect ride for the adventure junkie.
- If you want something more laidback, head towards the Thrilling Wave Pool with its soothing waves.
- The park also offers numerous park games and water slides that suits all tastes.
- Let your kids chase each other down the park’s multiple slides and let them splash in the lazy landing pools.
- Who needs monsoon to enjoy the rain? Just head towards the rain dance floor and enjoy getting drenched while dancing to some foot tapping music.
- Your kids can also enjoy some fun time at the park’s multipurpose play area.
- When it comes to food, you can get a taste of cuisines from all over the country – a great way to expose the kids to different cultures.
- If you are worried about safety measures, relax. The park has in place top of the league security measures.
13. Shangrila Resort and Water Park:
Address: Mumbai Nashik Highway, Bhiwandi By Pass End | Gangaram Pada, Vadpe, Bhiwandi, Dist. Thane, Mumbai
A resort that has it all – that’s Shangrila for you! When the mercury rises, head down to Shangrila Resort for the time of your life. But be ready for some wild times and out of control kids!
- If you want to bond as a family, nothing is better than the Family Slide where you can slide down together, holding hand and yelling for dear life.
- Or go for the thrill of a life time as you slide down the loops of the never ending Water Slide at super-high speed.
- For the more laidback family, there’s the Jacuzzi with its teasing sprays.
- For younger kids, you can try the colorful floating tubes and other smaller slides.
- Spend some slow time at the Great Ever-Flowing Waterfall.
- And finish off the great day at the Rain Dance Party.
14. Suraj Water Park:
Address: Ghodbunder Highway, Thane (W), Mumbai
Don’t let the sun or rain stop you from having fun! Try Suraj Water Park – a one of its kind indoor water park in Mumbai. Made of fibre-glass, the park is designed by the famous West Industries of Canada.
- The cave-like design of the park is sure to blow your kids away.
- Younger kids, especially little girls, will love the mermaids gracing the park.
- The park offers a great combination of high-tech rides and traditional, old-fashioned fun.
- For a touch of tradition, check out the statue of Lord Shiva, with Ganga escaping from his dreadlocks. And to add a dash of fun, the statue is adorned by water slides for kids!
- The park offers slides of all sizes and shapes, appealing to all tastes.
- With affordable pricing, Suraj Water Park is a destination for all Mumbai citizens.
15. Tikuji-ni Wadi – Water Park:
Address: Tikuji-ni-wadi Road, Manpada, Chitalsar, Thane, Mumbai
Tikuji-ni Wadi has a water park too, making it the perfect destination for the entire family. If you are planning to spend an extended weekend having some fun, book a room at the Tikuji-ni Wadi resort.
- The best part of the water park is its top-notch security measures and hygiene
- Splash your way through the park’s Giant Slides for some fun and frolic.
- If you are in the mood for some laziness, spend some time at the wave pool.
- The kids can enjoy themselves at the Kiddy and Family Slides.
- Looking for some more lazy time? Head towards the Lazy River.
- You can also take a stroll through the Landscape Gardens as a family.
- If your kids are getting restless, we suggest you take them to the Park’s Aqua Play Shop.
16. Nishiland Water Park:
Address: NH 4, Kandroli Tarf Wankhal, Mumbai
Nishiland Water Park is huge, located in an area spread over 55 acres! You’ll have to travel to the Old Mumbai-Pune Express Highway to reach this amazing water park. But the trip is worth the effort, you can take our word for it and this is the best water park in mumbai.
- The park has rides for people of all ages and sizes.
- Take your kids to the Rub a Dub Jacuzzi for some lazy fun.
- Nishiland offers a great wave pool to recreate the idea of a sea.
- Need to laze around? Check out the Lazzzy River.
- The park offers many more games and rides for the entire family.
- And the food here is something you’ll talk about weeks later too!
17. Ammu Water Park and Resort:
Address: Apti Road, Village Waholi, Off Kalyan Murbad Road, Taluka Kalyan, Dist – Thane, Mumbai
Looking for a day of fun but don’t want to go broke afterward? Ammu Water Park and Resort is the perfect place for you. Located just 12.5 kms from Kalyan (W), the water park is situated near the river, surrounded by mountains and green trees.
- The water park is perfect for school picnics, camping and birthday parties.
- The big swimming pool at the park is almost always crowded but is still a lot of fun.
- The park offers eight different but equally thrilling slides.
- The in-house DJ at the park belts out the latest hit numbers, to keep the mood upbeat.
- For some fun and frolic ‘by sea side feel’, check out the park’s Wave Pool.
- You can also let the kids loose at the Kids Aqua Zone.
- The Water Fall And Rain Dance is just the cherry topping!
- Apart from the water rides, your kids can also enjoy the play park with the Mini Train, Jumbo Ride, Mini Space Shuttle, Frog, Merry-Go-Round in pool, and Indoor-Outdoor games.
18. Anand Sagar Water Resort:
Address: Off Anand Nagar MIDC Highway, Ambarnath (E), Mumbai
Phone: 98228 47700, 98228 57700
Anand Sagar Water Resort is one of the best places for families looking for some weekend fun. Located in North Mumbai, the park is a great way to beat the heat while bonding as a family.
- The best part about the resort? You can safely leave your kids to enjoy at the water park while you spend some time at the Karnala beach with your partner.
- The park offers some amazing water rides and slides.
- The swimming pools at the park are a great way to unwind and also to have some fun.
- The water park also has a waterfall and a rain dance floor.
19. Royal Garden Water Resort:
Address: Mumbai Ahmedabad Highway, Naigaon, Taluka Vasai
Phone: 09702525967 / 9702035788 / 9922300019 / 17
Just 9km from Dahisar Checknaka, Royal Garden Water Resort is fun, safe, and 100% vegetarian!
- The water park has a great wave pool where the entire family can have some fun.
- Your kids can also have the time of their lives at the 16 different slides on offer at the Royal Garden water park.
- If your family is looking to cool it off at a swimming pool, you can choose any of the park’s four swimming pools.
- The park also has a state of the art waterfall.
Best Parks And Gardens In Mumbai:
If an amusement or water park feels like too high energy for a lazy weekend day, you can try few of Mumbai’s best parks and gardens – cheap and best.
Here are some of the parks and gardens you can try:
20. Hanging Gardens:
Address: Bal Gangadhar Kher Marg
The Hanging Gardens is one of the most popular recreational areas for the Mumbai populace.
- The gardens lie near the Malabar Hill.
- The well-maintained gardens are a great place to relax and catch some sea breeze.
- The animal-shaped topiary is a great place for kids and adults alike.
- The view from the gardens is breathtaking. You can even get a glimpse of the Towers of Silence, where Mumbai’s Parsi community’s dead come to rest.
21. Horniman Circle:
Address: Veer Nariman Road
As old as the city itself, the Horniman Circle came into existence in 1869. Take a detour to this piece of Mumbai’s history for some relaxing time.
- The garden is so beautiful that it can match step with the best lung spaces in the world.
- The old trees and colonial monuments give this park an old-world charm that is hard to resist.
[ Read: Amusement Parks For Kids In India ]
22. Mumbai Zoo:
Address: Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Road
What better place than the zoo to have some fun with the family? If you haven’t yet checked out Mumbai zoo, do so now!
- One of the best zoos in Asia, Mumbai zoo is surrounded by a botanical garden that provides the animals with some much-needed shade.
- The zoo is home to Asiatic lions, tigers, elephants and crocodiles as well as many species of exotic birds,
23. Veermata Jijabai Bhosale Udyan:
Address: Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Road
Talking of Mumbai zoo, well, when you are there, don’t forget to spend some time at the amazing Veermata Jijabai Bhosale Udyan, or the famous Mumbai Botanical Garden.
- Your kids can get a taste of natural fauna from all around the erstwhile British empire at this garden.
- Some of the trees here are as old as India itself!
- The Victorian marble gateway is a beautiful relic of the city’s British heritage.
[ Read: Outdoor Games And Activities For Kids ]
24. Wonders Park:
Address: Sector 19A, Nerul, Uran Road, Navi Mumbai
The Wonders Park is a combination of nature and technology, and that too at a super affordable price. Situated at Nerul, the park is a popular destination for Mumbaikars and tourists alike.
- When at the park, don’t forget to stroll through the miniature versions of the World’s seven wonders – a great way to teach your kids some history!
- Your kids can also enjoy some of the park’s high-tech rides.
- For younger kids, you can hop onto the popular toy-train.
- The horse cart rides on offer at the park are a must try too.
- The play area for kids is well-equipped and safe.
Now that you know your options, there is no reason to postpone the next family trip! Go on, have some fun, phone free! And don’t forget to share your reviews and experiences with us here!
- 20 Wonderful Amusement & Water Parks In Pune To Visit With Your Kids
- 12 Wonderful Amusement & Water Parks In Ahmedabad To Visit With Your Kids
- 13 Best Water And Amusement Parks In Kolkata To Visit With Your Kids
- 19 Best Water & Amusement Parks In Jaipur To Visit With Your Kids
Latest posts by Chhandita Chakravarty (see all)
- Teaching About Body Parts To Kids - March 31, 2016
- Child Passenger Safety – Rules And Tips - February 29, 2016
- How Milk Thistle Can Help You During Breastfeeding - February 29, 2016