Are you a lactating woman facing obesity issues? Are you looking for medications that can help you curb your weight but are worried about the safety of such medications? If you said yes to either question, you might want to ask your doctor about the safety of Phentermine while breastfeeding.
While you are nursing, you need to be extra careful about all medications. Some medications can be safe while some can prove harmful. Phentermine is a medication that can help regulate your food intake and prevent the onset of obesity while you are breastfeeding. However, is phentermine safe to have during breastfeeding? Read our post and find out here.
What Is Phentermine?
Phentermine is a medicine that is popular as an effective appetite suppressant to prevent or treat obesity. The medicine is also popular as Fastin, Zantryl, Adipex, and Lonmin. Phentermine contains chemicals that stimulate adrenaline production, which signals your body to control the appetite. The medication burns fat cells in your body. So, phentermine prevents excess weight gain while you are nursing your child (1).
Is It Safe To Have Phentermine While Breastfeeding?
It is best to consult your doctor before you take phentermine while nursing your infant. Several medical studies reveal that the drug can easily pass into the breast milk and pass to your infant. It is not clear how much drug gets into breast milk and how it can affect your infant. So, have a word with your pediatrician before you take the medication.
Phentermine tends to stimulate the brain and can affect health and behavior of your baby adversely. She can contract tremors, hyperactivity, or agitation, or suffer from decreased feeding, mild dehydration, and increased blood pressure. So, try to avoid taking the drug while nursing your baby. Go for other safe and sure ways to regulate your appetite, prevent excess weight gain, and ensure your safety and safety of your dear little one. If you stop breastfeeding your infant after she turns six to eight months, you can safely consume phentermine. It will regulate your weight and help you get in shape, as it won’t have any negative impact on your baby (2).
[ Read: Is Metformin Safe During Breastfeeding ]
Health Benefits Of Phentermine For Nursing Mothers:
Consuming Phentermine has many health benefits, and some of them include:
1. Promotes Weight Loss:
Phentermine is one of the most effective and popular weight loss supplements of the modern era. The tablets of the medication are unique; the medicine acts as an appetite suppressant to prevent individuals and nursing mothers from gaining excess of weight. Phentermine regulates your appetite appropriately, ensures you consume the minimum, yet the necessary amount of calories, and minimizes the generation of undesirable fats in your body (3).
2. Excites Neurotransmitters:
Phentermine is quite effective in stimulating neurotransmitters that function to regulate your body’s food intake. The drug arouses the necessary neurotransmitters to minimize your hunger and regulate your eating habits (4).
3. Enhances Your Metabolic Rate:
The drug is also effective in raising your metabolic rate safely without any adverse effects. The medication enhances your metabolic rate to reduce the amounts of fat in your body after delivery (5).
4. An Alternative To Work Out:
Usually, it is not possible for a nursing mother to hit the gym and work out as most of their day goes busy looking after their infant and managing many chores. Phentermine acts as an easy yet effective alternative to workout session without affecting your health adversely. The drug helps modify your diet and toss off the excess of fats.
Did you consume Phentermine while nursing your dear little one? How did you benefit from it? Share you experience with other nursing moms. Leave a comment below.
- Can You Take Cyclobenzaprine (Flexeril) While Breastfeeding?
- Is Airborne Safe To Take While Breastfeeding?
- Is It Safe To Take Hydrochlorothiazide While Breastfeeding?
- Is It Safe To Have Ritalin While Breastfeeding?
Latest posts by Manjiri Kochrekar (see all)
- 32 Lovely Wedding Anniversary Gift Ideas - June 28, 2017
- 10 Clear Signs That You Need Marriage Counselling - April 28, 2017
- 25 Wonderful Peacock Facts And Information For Kids - October 3, 2016
- 12 Health Benefits And 10 Facts About Oranges For Kids - June 16, 2016
- 16 Joyous Luau (Hawaiian) Party Ideas For Kids - May 31, 2016
- 35 Lesser-Known Facts About Great White Sharks For Kids - May 31, 2016
- 30 Unknown Sound Wave Facts And Information For Kids - May 31, 2016
- Can Kids Drink Kombucha? - Know Here! - May 27, 2016
- Tea Tree Oil For Kids - 15 Uses And 9 Safety Tips - May 18, 2016
- Top 10 Hockey Facts, Rules, And Safety Tips For Kids - May 13, 2016