You will find several quotes on money and relationships by several wise people across generations. While both money and relationships are equally important, people find it challenging to decide which is more important than the other.
Choosing money alone cannot make you the richest person, and choosing only relationships wouldn’t make you the happiest and content person either. Ideally, there should be a balance between the two. One without the other will not help us survive in this world.
This post includes some insightful money and relationship quotes from prominent personalities for a better understanding of the topic.
80+ Powerful Quotes On Money And Relationship
Here is a list of impactful quotes on money and relationships that will get you to think about the place money and relationships have in your life.
Money Vs. Love Quotes
Here is some money Vs. love quotes that will leave you with something to ponder over.
- Money can buy you a fine dog, but only love can make him wag his tail. – Kinky Friedman
- Money can feed the body. Love will feed the soul. – Toni Payne
- Money can’t buy love because it’s overpriced. – J. Cole
- A simple ‘I love you‘ means more than money. – Frank Sinatra
- Use money and love people. Don’t use people and love money. – Joseph Prince
- A good woman wants your love, time, and attention. Not your money. – Gift Ideas
- The vast majority of Americans would not say that their God is Money – they’d say their God is Love. — Marianne Williamson
- They say that love is more important than money, have you ever tried paying your bills with a hug? — Nishan Panwar
- Do not hire a man who does your work for money, but him who does it for love of it. — Henry David Thoreau
- You can’t buy love, but you can pay heavily for it. — Henny Youngman
- This would be a much better world if more married couples were as deeply in love as they are in debt. — Earl Wilson
- World peace can be achieved when, in each person, the power of love replaces the love of power. – Sri Chinmoy
- Life is not all about money, it’s more about relationships. – Michael Kilpatrick
- If you want to know how rich you are, find out how many things you have that money cannot buy. – Kushandwizdom
- Love your family more than your job, career, and money. These things cannot love you back.- Anonymous
- Love will carry you where the money would not. – Anonymous
- Love, not money, is the basis for all happiness in life. Without love, nothing else in life has meaning. – Kaitlyn
- You can have all the money and power in the world, but it can’t buy you happiness, and it certainly can’t buy you love. – Alisa Goldman Johnson
- A true person never gets impressed by money as he knows his love is priceless. – Anonymous
- If you look for a rich partner, you can’t find love. – Anonymous
- Choosing money over love will always make you poor. – Anonymous
- No money can replace the good time spent with your loved ones. – Anonymous
- The proper way to create friends is to have a warm heart, not simply money or power. The friend of power and the friend of money are something different – Dalai Lama
- I would prefer to have no money but to have a nice family and good friends around. – Li Na
- Love doesn’t care how much money you have.– Rumer Willis
- In the bank of life, you trade with love and not currency. – Thediaryforlife
- Love makes strangers loved ones whereas money makes beloved ones strangers. – Abhishek Verma
- I love money, but will money ever love me in return? – Mason Cooley
- You are not what you do for money. You are what you do for love. – Catherine Louise Birmingham
- Make some money but don’t let money buy you. – Joelle A
- The more you spend money, the less you have, the more you spend love, the more you get in return. – Kushandwizdom
- You are not wealthy enough until you have something that money cannot buy. – Anonymous
- Money may not buy love, but fighting about it will bankrupt your relationship. – Moneynuggets
- Rich people believe ‘I create my life’. Poor people believe ‘Life happens to me’. – T. Harv Eker
- I don’t care too much for money, for money can’t buy me love. – The Beatles
- If you love money, you cannot love others. – Anonymous
- A wise person should have money in their head, but not in their heart. – Jonathan Swift
- Whoever loves money will never have enough. – Ecclesiastes 5:10
- A rich man is nothing but a poor man with money and no love. – W. C. Fields
- Money is better than poverty, if only for financial reasons. – Woody Allen
Choosing Money Over Love Quotes
If you value money over love, then here are some quotes for you.
- Marriage is a partnership, and couples can’t win with money unless they budget as a team. – Dave Ramsey
- Money can’t buy happiness, but it will certainly get you a better class of memories. – Ronald Reagan
- Love is not my cup of tea, I prefer money more than honey. – Platinum Motivational Publishing
- A relationship is like a bank. When you have deposited money, you can make a withdrawal. If you don’t have money, your check will bounce. – Pastor Albert Ocran
- Money is not the most important thing in the world. Love is. Fortunately, I love money. – Jackie Mason
- Lack of money is the root of all evil. – George Bernard Shaw
- Money, if it does not bring you happiness, will at least help you be miserable in comfort. – Helen Gurley Brown
- My philosophy has always been, do what you love, and the money will follow. – Amy Weber
- I’m tired of love; I’m still more tired of rhyme; but money gives me pleasure all the time. – Hilaire Belloc
- The love of money grows as the money itself grows. – Juvenal
- He who marries for love without money has good nights and sorry days. — Ani Difranco
- No woman marries for money; they are all clever enough, before marrying a millionaire, to fall in love with him first. – Cesare Pavese
- Love lasteth as long as the money endureth. — William Caxton
- While money doesn’t buy love, it puts you in a great bargaining position. – Christopher Marlowe
- Money does not buy you happiness, but lack of money certainly buys you misery. – Daniel Kahneman
- Though we say, love is something that knows no boundary and needs no agreement but money can do everything. – Ranu Das
- You are lucky if you have found real love. You already are rich. – Anonymous
Love Is More Important Than Money Quotes
When love is more important than money, turn to these awesome quotes.
- I can exist without love, but I cannot exist without money. I can live without money, but I cannot live without love. – Eduardo
- Disneyland is a work of love. We didn’t go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money. – Walt Disney
- I read once that you need two things to be happy: any two of health, money, and love. You can cover the absence of one with the other two… But now I realized this was unmitigated bullshit, because health and money did not compare with love at all. – Max Barry
- Don’t marry a rich man. Marry a good man. He will spend his life trying to make you happy. No rich man can buy that. – Staness Jonekos
- Let us not be satisfied with just giving money. Money is not enough, money can be got, but they need your hearts to love them. So, spread your love everywhere you go. –Mother Teresa
- You look at your bank account, and you see the currency of love and happiness is more important than the currency of money. – Richie Sambora
- Love is worth so much more than money. There are so many people who are filthy rich but have nobody to genuinely love them. Unconditional love is priceless. – Suzy Kassem
- You can only become truly accomplished at something you love. Don’t make money your goal. Instead pursue the things you love doing and then do them so well that people can’t take their eyes off of you. – Maya Angelou
- Money … those who don’t have enough of it are only aware of what it can buy them. When you finally have enough of it, you become aware- acutely aware- of all the things it can’t buy … the really important things, like youth, health, love, peace of mind. – F. Paul Wilson
- There can be nothing without love. No money, no power. Love is very important. When you wake up in the morning, you need to know that somebody else is waking up, thinking of you. – Giorgio Armani
- Money is not the most important thing, but when you need it, there are few substitutes. So while I like the things money can buy, I love what money won’t buy. It bought me a house, but it won’t buy me a home. It would buy me a companion, but it won’t buy me a friend.” – Zig Ziglar
- Love lives in the humblest of places. It doesn’t matter how big your house is, how nice your car is, how big your bank vault is… it only matters how much your heart can hold. – Kate McGahan
- I believe I can make all the money I’ve missed. But I can’t regain the time with … family. –Gucci Mane
- You don’t need money or power or any other advantage to get by in this world; love is all you need. — Melchor Lim
- I don’t need an overpowering, powerful, rich man to feel secure. I’d much rather have a man who is there for me, who really loves me, who is growing, who is real. — Bianca Jagger
- It’s all about money or love. We know we need money, we know we have to get money, we know we have to hurt others to get money. But we don’t know until maybe it’s a little too late in life that love is the most important thing. Love, friendship, affection, bonhomie, whatever. Those are the only things that really count: to love and be loved. — Mel Brooks
- Money is not needed for a rich life. You only need to have a loving family and good friends by your side.- Anonymous
- Before borrowing money from your loved ones, decide which you need most. – American Proverb
- The richest man in the world is not the one who still has the first dollar he ever earned. It’s the man who still has his love alive. – Martha Mason
- Making money isn’t hard in itself… What’s hard is to earn it doing something worth devoting one’s life to. –Carlos Ruiz Zafón
- Money is number and numbers never end. If it takes money to search love, your search will never end. – Robert Nesta Marley
- Money is not everything in life. Some believe no relationship is possible without money, but no amount of money can buy love or happiness. – Chitra Withane
- A good woman is not interested in your money or status. What she wants from you is your love and commitment. – Sara
- You cannot enjoy a good relationship with money unless you are willing to love it through thick and thin. – Creativemoney
- A little thought of love is often worth more than a great deal of money. – John Ruskin
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can a relationship last without money?
Relationships can sustain without money for a short time, but eventually, a lack of finances can impact them. However, if there is love and trust between partners, they can find ways and means to earn money and stick together.
2. Why should I talk about money in the relationship?
Talking about finances with your partner can be awkward and sensitive, but the earlier you discuss it, the better it is for the relationship. Along with matters of love and compatibility, it is equally important for both of you to be on the same page in financial matters to have a stable and long-lasting romance.
Money or love — it will remain a burning topic for a long time. It can be said that it is a necessity to have a balance between relationship and money. We hope the above relationship and money quotes will help you understand what is more important in your life.