Pregnancy is a beautiful and unforgettable time in a woman’s life, but it can also be physically challenging. So, here’s our list of the best pregnancy pillows to help you relax and relieve stress and pain. As your body weight increases, you feel more strain on your legs, hip, back, feet, and more, making it difficult to move and sleep. Comfortable sleep is essential throughout pregnancy, and expecting moms require more support than a conventional body pillow can provide. As a result, a pregnancy pillow is a must-have. Pregnancy pillows provide optimal comfort to help you sleep on your sides safely. They support the head, neck, shoulder, back, belly, tailbone, hips, and knees to relieve discomfort and aches.
Available in different shapes and sizes, choosing the right one may be challenging. So, read on to learn more about the products listed here to find one that suits your needs.
Our Top Picks
11 Best Pregnancy Pillows
1. Best Extension Leg Pregnancy Pillow: PharMeDoc Pregnancy Pillow
The PharMeDoc pillow supports pregnant women at different pressure points, including the hips, knees, neck, back, and belly. The soft cotton material provides 100% comfort, and an exclusive extension leg helps the expectant mother adjust the pillow according to the sleeping pattern.
The pillow measures 53in long and 31in wide to suit people of different heights. The pillow can be used by anyone suffering from sciatica, gastric reflux, and fibromyalgia. It comes with a travel-friendly case making it easy to carry around or put it in the car’s trunk.
The zipped outer cover of the pregnancy pillow is removable and machine-washable. This video will help you make an informed decision about your purchase.
- Can be used to target different pain points
- Can be used while sitting at a dining table
- Lifetime manufacturer warranty available
- Protects cervical spine
- May emit a strange odor
- Some may find the pillow to be slightly small
2. Best C-Shaped: Leachco Snoogle Original Maternity/Pregnancy Total Body Pillow
A large C-shaped pregnancy pillow, Leachco’s Snoogle is the best posture companion for an expecting mother. The pillow doesn’t occupy much space on a queen-sized bed and offers a snuggly effect at multiple points, including hip, head, shoulder, back, and belly. You can expect a sound sleep with this pillow made of cotton-polyester material.
You can machine-wash the sham-style removable cover. You can also use the pillow while reading, eating, or watching television. Check out this product review video and pick the best-suited one for your needs.
- Patented design
- Lasts long despite repeated use
- Offers a snuggly fit for its users
- Original snoogle model pillow
- Material may be slightly scratchy
- Pillow may get indented easily
3. Best Travel-Friendly: Hiccapop Pregnancy Pillow Wedge for Maternity
Hiccapop pillows are small and almost look like a semi-circle and support the belly, shoulder, back, and knees.
Whether you want to snuggle on the couch or bed, you need not worry about carrying or inflating it. The pillow is a perfect companion for any mom-to-be who wants to sleep undisturbed. This pillow offers a lot of space for your partner, kid, or pet to snuggle. Watch this video to get a detailed review of this pregnancy pillow.
- Alleviates leg numbness and pain
- Made from machine-washable plush velboa cover and memory foam
- Suitable for all three trimesters
- Airflow ventilation technology keeps the pillow cool and breathable
- Some may find the pillow to be narrow
- Cushioning may not be soft enough
4. Best For Nursing Moms: AngQi Pregnancy Pillow with Jersey Cover
The U-shaped pregnancy pillow from AngQi is made of comfortable cotton fabric and offers support from head to toe, supporting your back, hips, knees, neck, and head. An expecting mother can sit upright on the bed, read a book, watch television or, work on a laptop with this pillow as support.
The cushioning and support ensure better sleep, and the pillow offers good comfort to a nursing mother while breastfeeding. It can help people suffering from backache, knee pain, and fibromyalgia. The adjustable pillow offers enough space for your partner to snuggle.
- Suitable for king size bed
- Available in different sizes and colors
- Made from ultra-soft cooling jersey fabric
- Cover may be scratchy
- May require more effort to fluff up after removing it from vacuum-sealed cover
5. Best Adjustable: Boppy Side Sleeper Pregnancy Pillow
The best part of the Boppy pillow is that you can shrink or expand according to the size of the baby bump. The to-be mother can comfortably fit in the middle slot and enjoy the supports at the back and the front.
Unlike other C and U-shaped pregnancy pillows, the Boppy pillow occupies a little space on a queen-sized bed. The material is durable and stays for a longer duration with good upkeep. The easy-to-remove pillow cover can be machine-washed.
- Supports tailbone and hips
- Offers a good base for the tummy
- Stay-put design reduces the need to rearrange
- May be too squishy for the back
- May lose its fluffiness quickly
6. Best Machine-Washable: Chilling Home Pregnancy Pillows
Are you looking for a full-body pregnancy pillow? Then, the Chilling Home pillow is ideal for you. The pillow measures 55in long and 26in wide and comfortably fits any size. You can either keep the pillow horizontally or vertically to suit your convenience.
The height of the pillow is adjustable, and its filling can be reduced or increased. The pillow is soft and comfortable, helping the mother to sleep undisturbed. It comes with two-sided zips to easily remove the outer cotton cover.
Besides offering cozy support for the neck and head, the pillow alleviates the pain and pressure in the tailbone, hips, and knees. The C-shaped pillow improves sleeping posture, and offers adequate comfort.
- Suitable for people suffering from sciatica
- Supports breastfeeding mothers
- Machine-washable outer cotton cover.
- Can help align hips for neutral joint positioning
- Some may find the pillow to be thin
- May have a chemical smell
7. Best For Back Pain: Full Body Maternity Pregnancy Pillow
The C-shaped full-body pregnancy pillow from Restorology Store replaces multiple smaller pillows used for body support during pregnancy. The pillow’s unique shape offers support to the head area, shoulder, belly, and hips.
The pillow helps alleviate lower back pain and sciatica and can be used by pregnant women for support.
The pillow leaves ample room for your children or partner to share the bed. The durable pillow is easy to wash and can accommodate the growing belly.
- Zippered cover can be put in tumble dry
- Helps reduce heartburn
- Suitable for nursing mothers
- Baby can sleep inside the pillow without worrying about accidental falls
- Internal cover may not be durable enough
- May not be very thick
8. Best With Side Support: Aifusi Pregnancy Pillow
The Aifusi pregnancy pillow comes with exclusive side support to easily change the sleeping sides. It supports the back joints of your body and relieves nerve pain.
The pillow is stretchable and gives a varied range of 48 to 73cm. Its 36cm width makes it the right fit for the belly, and its customized height helps handle pressure whether you want to sit on the couch to watch TV or read a book.
The two connected ends are both durable. The cover is made up of polyester fabric, and the fiberfill is 3D polyester. The foldable and washable pillow has a 30° slant to provide bodily comfort.
- Improves sleeping posture
- Scientifically designed to reduce pain in pelvis
- Suitable for postpartum recovery
- Saves space
- May require constant tapping to inflate
- Stuffing might require adjustment to suit the sleeping position
9. Best Sitting Support: Victostar Pregnancy Pillow
Victostar’s pillow supports the back, hips, knees, neck, and head. It offers a proper belly support system and is designed scientifically to reduce sleep interruptions while enabling multiple sleeping positions.
The pillow allows the expecting mother to read, watch, and sit for a longer duration without causing body pain. Additionally, the pillow also keeps the mother and baby at comfortable elevated positions.
- Designed to reduce heartburn
- Machine-washable cover
- Suitable for nursing
- Made from premium material
- Surface may be hot upon usage
- May flatten in the long run
10. Best Memory Foam: Bellipod Pregnancy Pillows
The BelliPod pregnancy pillow, made of 100% cotton jersey cover, can help the expecting mother sleep comfortably.
The wedge is luxuriously soft on the skin and does not cause unwanted rashes. The pillow promotes good air circulation and flexibility. The outer cover of the compact pillow is machine-washable.
- Ergonomically designed
- Memory foam adjusts according to the user’s need
- Easily portable
- Offers full body support, comforting the hip and back
- May be narrow near the legs
- Padding in the pillow may not be adequate
11. Best Breathable: ByRiver 39-Inch C-Shaped Body Pillow
Sleep like a baby by snuggling into this incredibly soft and lightweight body pillow that is crafted to support your arms, belly, legs, calves, and knees, soothing discomfort and reducing pressure while resting. It comes with a breathable, soft pillowcase you can easily detach when it’s time for a wash to ensure you always remain cool and cozy while you sleep. Thanks to its light frame, you can rest comfortably throughout long journeys using this pillow.
- Provides elevated support
- Extends according to the belly’s size
- Helps relieve pain caused by fibromyalgia, sciatica, joint pain, and more
- Suits all stages of pregnancy
- Suits anyone experiencing body discomfort
- Can be used as a positioner and baby support pillow
- May require more filling
- Length may be too short
Why Do One Need A Body Pillow During Pregnancy?
A pregnancy pillow eases the pressure on the veins that carry blood to the lower parts of the body, thus improving blood circulation in certain areas. Pregnancy pillows ensure better sleep, reduce backache, and pain in the legs and hips. These are specially designed to support your belly, back, and head, all at once.
Besides supporting pregnant women when they sit to read or watch TV, a pregnancy pillow also enables comfortable switching of the sides when they sleep. However, you should consult a doctor about the best sleeping position for you.
Kay Lakka, founder of Londontherapy and a doula and hypnobirthing teacher, says, “Anything that offers you comfort and good rest during pregnancy is a good investment. A quality pregnancy pillow can also be utilized for many years to come, not just during pregnancy.”
How To Choose The Right Pregnancy Pillow?
Pregnancy pillows come in different shapes and sizes to cater to the unique requirements of expectant mothers. To purchase the right one that suits your needs, consider the factors mentioned below.
- Shape: The shape of the pillow determines a myriad of features such as flexibility, the ease at different points, and sleep quality. Choose a shape that contours the body shape. However, one should also consult a doctor before taking a final call.While U- and C-shaped pregnancy pillows offer full-body cover, the wedge-shaped and two-sided foam pillows lend support to your back and belly. If you have a king-sized bed, you might want to select a large pregnancy pillow.
- Material: The fabric determines the breathability of the pillow. A pillow with soft cotton cover and a polyester filling is generally preferred by many. However, you may choose one as per the specific needs of your body.
- Foldability: Choose a pillow that can be folded and stored. A foldable pillow doesn’t take up too much space when not being used.
- Maintenance: Typically, most pregnancy pillows are machine-washable, but ensure you put the machine on a delicate cycle for a subtle wash.
- Portability: Travel-friendly pregnancy pillows are preferable as they are easy to carry. They can easily fit in the trunk of a car. Whether you are headed to work, camp, or beach, you can easily rely on portable pillows.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Pregnancy brings joy and happiness, but it also brings challenges with sleeping and sitting. Hence, Vibha Navarathna, our in-house writer, has studied and examined various top-rated products across different platforms to compile this list of the best pregnancy pillows to help you sleep or sit comfortably without hurting your baby bump. Each product is described in detail, and Vibha has also included a buying guide to assist you in selecting the right pillow among various options.
The best pregnancy pillows help expecting mothers sleep more comfortably in different positions while offering easier ways to breastfeed your newborn. These U- and C-shaped pillows support the neck, shoulders, back, and belly, so you don’t have to sleep through discomfort and pain night after night. Choosing the right pregnancy pillow involves finding the ideal shape and materials, ensuring that it can be folded and maintained easily, and fits in compact spaces. With the softest cushions enveloping your body at night, you will sleep soundly and have a better pregnancy experience too.
- Best Anti-Colic Bottles
- Stainless Steel Water Bottle
- Best Silicone Cooking Utensils
- Best Manual Breast Pumps