When it comes to sending your child to preschool, you would naturally want the best for him. His academic career must begin on the right track, shouldn’t it? And, for parents living in the Houston Area, the task is a tad less tough because Houston is home to many highly rated and renowned learning centers.
But which preschools are better than the best? Don’t worry, because Momjunction has sorted that out for you. We’ve shortlisted 10 of the best preschools in Houston here. Check them out below.
10 Best Preschools In Houston:
1. La Petite Academy:
- La Petite Academy is a chain of preschools admitting children from six weeks to 5 years. The preschool in Houston lays a strong emphasis on “play with a purpose”.
- The programs of La Petite Academy are designed to provide a comprehensive path to prepare the children for elementary school. The science, math, language and social learning distinguish La Petite Academy from other daycare providers.
- The teachers and caregiver of the school help children develop and grow into lifelong learners. They assist children in learning about a variety of subjects through the age-specific curriculum. They also encourage their aptitude and natural curiosity for learning. This preschool is one of the top preschools in Houston, TX.
Address: 1810 W. 18th Street, Houston, TX 77008
Contact Number: 844-417-4773
[ Read: Preschools In Phoenix ]
2. Avalon Academy:
- Avalon Academy is a non-profit organization dedicated to developing, nurturing, and educating children.
- The warm and loving staff of Avalon Academy cares deeply about the physical and emotional well-being of the children. The school works with the parents to ensure that the children spend a happy, positive and productive day at the center.
- The curriculum of the Avalon Academy is built on interactive and latest programs. The enrichment classes of Avalon Academy include dance, computers, and gymnastics and kindergarten readiness programs.
- The teachers of the preschools are fully accredited, so you can be rest assured that your child is being trained and taught by experienced educators. It is the best preschool in Houston area.
Address: 1616 Indiana St, Houston, TX 77006
Contact Number: 713-524-1174
3. The Children’s Courtyard:
- The Children’s Courtyard aims to prepare toddlers for the next and every stage of their academic life.
- The educational philosophy of the preschool is based on the High/Scope system pioneered by the developmental psychologist Jean Piaget.
- The curriculum of the school is designed to make the kid enthusiastic about learning. They provide plenty of room and state-of-art equipment for the child to excel.
Address: 16255 Longenbaugh, Houston, TX 77095
Contact Number: 844-865-5159
4. The Childhood Center:
- The Childhood Center is a family owned and operated child development center aimed at providing quality childcare for children aged six weeks to pre-kindergarten.
- The curriculum of the Childhood Center is based on age-appropriate child development. They strive to create learning and developmental activities to instill the love of learning and opportunities to enhance motor skills.
- The classroom of the Childhood Center is spacious enough for children to move easily from one activity to another.
Address: 3701 W Alabama St, Ste 400, Houston, TX 77027, Highland Village
Contact Number: (713) 622-5439
[ Read: Preschools In Chicago ]
5. Kipling Street Academy:
- Kipling Street Academy is a private childcare center licensed by the State of Texas.
- Besides providing age-appropriate books, toys and learning materials, the Kipling Street Academy has some of the most amazing teachers who care deeply about the students. The staffs do their best to make the classes fun and exciting. Even the atmosphere of the school is very warm and inviting.
- Kipling Street Academy takes care of the safety of the children too. They have monitored fire alarm, tinted safety glass, rounded corners and exterior and interior video surveillance.
Address: 1425 Kipling St, Houston, TX 77006, Montrose
Contact Number: (713) 529-4472
6. Becker Early Childhood Center:
- Winner of the esteem 2010 Parents’ Picks Award, Becker Early Childhood Center, located within the Congregation of Emanu-El offers both Judaic and secular programs.
- The preschool provides a diverse environment abound with Jewish culture and tradition where kids can learn and grow through play and experience.
- Accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children, Becker Early Childhood Center offers programs for kids from 15 months through five years.
Address: 1500 Sunset Blvd, Houston, TX 77005, United States
Contact Number: 713-535-6400
7. Esperanza School:
- The objective of Esperanza School is to provide the highest quality educational and care in the safest and most secure environment. The school provides a well-trained and experienced staff to obtain its objective.
- The curriculum of the Esperanza School emphasizes on language skills, math, art, science, vocabulary building, and fine motor skills.
- In addition to the Kindergarten Preparatory programs, the preschool also offers Pre-K Prep programs to the three-year-olds to help them get ready for the new experience of elementary school.
Address: 1100 Roy St, Houston, TX 77007
Contact Number: (713) 868-3276
8. Big Little School:
- Big Little School is a year-round quality preschool providing care for children aged three months to pre-K. It had a humble beginning with just one classroom of seven children, but now serves 200 children in their 16 classrooms.
- The school believes that each child is special and unique and gives them individual care and love. The children are given the opportunity to play and learn in a loving and safe environment.
- The school was also awarded the best Preschool Program by Houston Community Newspapers and Readers Choice Award for the best Infant/Toddler Program.
Address: 1203 Wirt Rd, Houston, TX 77055, Memorial
Contact Number: (713) 686-4321
[ Read: Preschools In San Francisco ]
9. Beehive Coop:
- Beehive Coop is a preschool nestled in the heart of West University Place.
- The preschool provides a variety of experience to meet the social, intellectual, physical, and emotional needs of the children.
- The aim of Beehive Coop is to nurture kids to grow socially, spiritually, emotionally and physically through age appropriate curriculum
Address: West University, 3756 University Boulevard, Houston, TX 77005
Contact Number: 713-660-7642
10. The Woods Private School:
- The Woods Private School provides a carefully planned academic program in a safe and supportive environment.
- Sight words, computer literacy, early mathematics, Spanish vocabulary lessons are just a few of the many entries offered in The Woods Private School pre-kindergarten curriculum.
- The kids are taught not just the fundamentals of literacy and pre-reading skills, but are also given lessons in social awareness.
Address: 15002 Lakewood Forest Dr, Houston, TX 77070
Contact Number: 281-370-8576
So these were the top ten preschools in Houston. Does your child study at any of these preschools? If yes, then leave a review of the school in the comment section below.
- Top 10 Preschools In Philadelphia
- Top 10 Preschools In New York City For Your Little One
- 10 Best Pre/ Play Schools For Your Kids In India
- 10 Best Pre-Play Schools In Kolkata For Your Kid