Parents typically have mixed views about sending their toddlers to school. While, you obviously want your child to learn and grow, but the thought of sending her off to an alien place, even for the day, is rather disconcerting. So, you need to ensure that you find the perfect preschool for your little angel.
But, finding the best option is no mean feat. And, if you live in New York, well, good luck to you! The ultra-competitive atmosphere and the sheer abundance of preschools in NYC can overwhelm most parents. But, you don’t have to worry. Because Momjunction has compiled a list of the top 10 preschools in New York City to help you get started. Check them out below.
1. Avenues, The World School:
- Avenues preschool focuses on the overall development of the children. It provides an environment rich in hands-on activities to help pupils grow emotionally, socially, cognitively and physically.
- The program focuses on providing age-appropriate experiences in math, language, science and literacy concepts so that kids can express their ideas and creativity while building the skills needed for later learning.
- In the initial classes, children have to spend 50% of their classes in either Spanish or Mandarin immersion. The language immersion will continue until the children gain fluency in it. This is the best preschool in New York city that provides enriching programs for the growth of your littleone.
Address: 259 Tenth Avenue, New York, NY
Contact Number: 212-524-9000
[ Read: Preschools In Phoenix ]
2. Trevor Day School:
- The Trevor Day School is not a preschool in the strictest sense. It’s basically a day school providing classes from Pre-K through the 12th grade.
- Trevor Day School deploys inquiry-based learning to invoke the ‘good genius’, the innate ability to thrive completely through intellectual courage.
- The applicants to the Pre-K must turn four by the 31st August of the same year to get admission in Trevor.
Address: 1 W 88th St, New York, NY
Contact Number: 212-426-3300
- Kidville is a music and dance studio, art room, playground and school, all rolled into one. It offers an extensive range of programs and classes designed especially by early childhood development specialists.
- The preschool is extremely important to physical fitness as well. It converts one of their gyms into a supervised indoor space, where kids can climb, run and make new friends.
- There’s also a café where children can enjoy delicious and nutritious snacks and beverages.
Address: 515 W 51st St Manhattan, Hell’s Kitchen, Midtown West, NY
Contact Number: 212-765-0783
[ Read: Preschools In San Francisco ]
4. Apple Seeds:
- Apple Seeds is an 8,000 square feet, all-in-play space for kids aged six months to five. It offers over 100 interactive and fun classes each week.
- The unique, indoor playground of the preschool is designed by some of the most popular kids’ museum designers. It is brightly lit and has modern and safe furnishing. The standard of cleanliness is rather high. The toys and the playing area are disinfected after every use.
- Besides, the preschool also has a toy and bookstore, a day camp, a children’s hair salon and a healthy snack bar.
Address: 200 W End Ave,Upper West Side, New York, NY
Contact Number: 212-792-7591
5. Park West Montessori School:
- Park West Montessori School, one of the three Twin Parks Montessori Schools in New York City, offers education for infants through kids aged six years.
- It is one of the largest Montessori schools and the only infant-toddler programs to be accredited by both Middle States Commission on Elementary Schools and American Montessori Society.
- The classrooms of the school have beautiful hands-on materials to keep the kids active and occupied.
- The preschool also helps the toddlers learn to use both verbal and non-verbal language skills to solve the conflicts in social situations.
Address: 435 Central Park W, Manhattan Valley, New York, NY 10025
Contact Number: 212-678-6072
6. Chelsea Piers Kids Child Care Center And Preschool:
- Chelsea Piers Kids Child Care Center and Preschool aims to create a learning environment where young children can develop their cognitive, language, social and emotional skills.
- The caregivers offer concrete experiences to children to encourage interaction with the world around them and explore new materials and ideas. Additionally, they also take kids for daily trips to the indoor Little Athletes Exploration Center, basketball courts, soccer fields, and dance studios.
- The school also offers micro-sports class led by the Chelsea Piers professional coach.
Address: 23rd Street and Hudson River Park, New York, NY
Contact Number: 212-336-6666
[ Read: Preschools In Chicago ]
7. The Kids Korner Preschool:
- Kids Korner Preschool is an NAEYC accredited play school located in the heart of New York City.
- The goal of Kids Korner Preschool is to offer children a happy and creative experience in a pleasant environment. It celebrates each pupil’s unique abilities, interests, and learning styles.
- Kids Korner Preschool follows a child-centered approach to learning and allows the children to learn at their own pace.
- As a part of its community inspired curriculum, the school also plans several field trips during the school year, where even parents can participate with children. It takes children for trips to the natural history museum, zoo or even short walks around the neighborhood.
Address: 247 West 24th Street, New York, NY
Contact Number: 212-229-9340
8. The International Preschools:
- The International Preschools is a center where teachers, staff, and children from all over the world come together to share their philosophies and beliefs and gain international awareness.
- The curriculum of the International Preschools emphasizes the mutual respect and understanding. It aims not just to develop the academic skills, but also the cultural attitudes and social skills of the child.
- The programs are specifically designed to keep the children engaged. It also offers a plethora of extracurricular activities to fit every interest.
Address: 330 E 45th Street, Midtown East, New York, NY
Contact Number: 212- 371-8604
9. My Little Village:
- My Little Village views each child as a unique individual whose social, emotional and intellectual growth are supported to help them being creative and well-rounded human beings.
- The programs and curriculum of the preschool vary throughout the year. But it mainly focuses on skill development, movement, and physical activities.
- The staffs and caregivers are very dedicated and energetic. They take immense interest in every activity of your child.
Address: 33 Avenue A, New York, NY
Contact Number: 212-253-2430
[ Read: Preschools In Houston ]
10. Corlears Schools:
- Corlears is a progressive preschool committed to the education of young ones.
- The school cultivates joy in learning through its curriculum. The curriculum of the school reflects the belief the children are natural learners. The school understands that children are very curious about the world around them and must be given experiences that are relevant and meaningful to them.
- Corlears School also combines learning with the culture, science, history, art and science of the New York City.
Address: 324 West 15th Street, New York, NY
Contact Number: 212-741-2800, 212-807-1550
We hope you find the list useful. If you have any query related to the article, then leave us a comment below!
- Top 10 Preschools In Philadelphia
- 10 Best Pre/Play Schools In Ghaziabad For Your Kid
- 10 Best Pre/ Play Schools For Your Kids In India
- 10 Best Play Schools In Jaipur For Your Kids
Latest posts by Arshi (see all)
- Sahabi Names: 75 Best Male Sahaba Names For Baby Boys - February 22, 2018
- Sahabiyat Names: 75 Sacred Female Sahaba Names For Baby Girls - February 20, 2018
- 65 Lord Rama Names For Baby Boy With Meanings - December 21, 2017