Time does fly! You had just figured out the swaddle a few days back, and now it’s time to think about the best preschool for your munchkin. Deciding on a preschool can thrilling and exciting as your kid prepares to embark on a new milestone. But it can also get overwhelming and muddling thinking about the ‘perfect school.’
Fortunately, there are enough schools for every toddler in San Francisco to attend before reaching kindergarten. But what’s better than the best? Don’t fret as Momjunction has handpicked 10 of the best preschools in San Francisco, California. After all, your darling deserves only the best in life. Have a look at our compilation below!
1. Pacific Primary School:
- The Pacific Primary School is one of the best preschools in San Francisco aimed at kids aged two and a half to six years.
- The school uses a wide range of educational approaches for providing a deep and meaningful learning experience to the children. The curriculum includes teaching through hands-on exploration, expressive arts and play.
- Even the faculty of the preschool is supportive, with teachers paying individual attention to each child.
- The school is also firmly committed to art. It also has dedicated specialists in music and expressive art.
1500 Grove Street, San Francisco, CA 94117
Contact Number: (415) 346-0906
2. Lone Mountain Children’s Center:
- Lone Mountain Children’s Center, a theme-based preschool center has been serving to the tiny tots of San Francisco for over 40 years.
- The preschool exposes the children to the traditional academic disciplines in an age-appropriate manner.
- Each of the classrooms at the Lone Mountain Children’s Center provides an abundance of indoor activities for the toddlers. In addition to these activities, the preschool also organizes a weekly dance, martial arts, yoga, and music classes.
The Presidio, 1806 Belles Street,
San Francisco, CA 94129
Contact Number: (415) 876-0057
3. The Little School:
- The Little School is a relationship-based preschool for kids aged 2 to 6 years. The preschool aims to provide quality education to the tots in a nurturing environment.
- The preschool allows children to choose the activities they want to engage in. Even parents are invited to experience their child’s tiny, yet lovely, world.
- The Little School lays a strong emphasis on emotional and social development. It responds to the needs of every child by observing and conversing.
1520 Lyon Street, San Francisco, CA 94115
Contact Number: (415) 567-0430
4. C5 Children’s School:
- C5 Children’s School is a preschool, serving children from 6 weeks to 6 years. The preschool does not follow any particular curriculum. What comes from your kid becomes the curriculum itself.
- Children can indulge in diverse activities like music, dance, singing, language, storytelling, and so on in the preschool.
- The preschool keeps the children together in their learning groups with teachers assisting them throughout the program.
455 Golden Gate Ave, Suite 2400
San Francisco, CA 94102
Contact Number: (415) 703-1277
5. JCCSF – Helen Diller Family Preschool:
- The JCCSF – Helen Diller Family Preschool enriches the lives of the young ones and even their family by providing opportunities for learning and exploration.
- This majestic preschool has an inventive playground, specialized learning areas, and nature courtyard.
- It also provides expressive materials and play equipment to help kids obtain a positive attitude towards learning.
Jewish Community Center of San Francisco,
3200 California St, San Francisco, CA 94118
B/t Presidio Ave & Walnut St, Presidio Heights
Contact Number: (415) 292-1291
6. Presidio Knolls School:
- Presidio Knolls is a progressive preschool created with the mission of educating and inspiring children to become creative and confident in a joyful learning environment.
- It engages the students in a collaborative and hands-on environment to foster curiosity.
- The Reggio Emilia-inspired approach allows the children to explore through play and learn the method. Pupils of Presidio Knolls School acquire language through art, math through music and solve problems together in the playground.
250 10th St, San Francisco, CA 94103
At Folsom St, SoMa
Contact Number: (415) 202-0770
7. Telegraph Hill Child Development Preschool Program:
- The Telegraph Hill Child Development Preschool Program, founded in 1954, is a cooperative nursery school providing a safe, healthy and stimulating environment for toddlers to develop socially, emotionally and intellectually.
- The preschool also invites parents to participate in the program on a rotating basis. The efforts of the parents and their involvement with their child’s school make a unique educational endeavor.
- In the school, all administrative functions, fund-raising, and even maintenance are performed by the parents rather than the staff members.
922 Jackson Street,
San Francisco, CA 94133
Contact Number: (415) 421-6443, (415) 433-1352
8. Presidio Hill School:
- Presidio Hill School is the oldest and one of the most esteemed preschools in San Francisco. It offers its pupils challenging and project-based curriculum to prepare them for the future.
- The school emphasizes on building a foundation for reading development and comprehension skills. Mathematics concepts like counting, number sense and estimation are explored. It aims to make children confident, creative and critical thinkers.
- The school also emphasizes the importance of service and community by teaching self-awareness and resilience.
3839 Washington St,
San Francisco, CA 94118
Contact Number: (415) 751-9318
9. Children’s Day School:
- Children’s Day School is a co-education school providing classes from preschool through the eighth grade. Its mission is to develop the ability and competence of each student by providing an inspiring learning environment.
- The preschool curriculum of Children’s Day School encourages exploration, curiosity, cooperation and love of learning.
- The teachers of the Children’s Day School also follow an innovative method of teaching. They guide the children to find fun in each task and face the struggle courageously.
333 Dolores Street,
San Francisco, CA 94110
Contact Number: (415) 861-5432, (415) 861-5419
10. Little Bee Daycare And Preschool:
- Little Bee Daycare and Preschool is designed for kids aged 2 to 4. The curriculum of the preschool is a blend of Montessori, Reggio Emilia and play based learning.
- The preschool practices progressive education by encouraging children to make mistakes, take risks and find answers from experiences and discovery. Children develop social and language skills through interaction with peers and teachers.
- The school also provides a variety of hands-on projects like field trips to help children explore the world around them.
2733 Lombard St, San Francisco, CA 94123
b/t Baker St & Lyon St, Marina/Cow Hollow, Presidio
Contact Number: (415) 697-9051
So these were our top ten? Do you think we missed out something? If yes, the share your suggestion in the comment section below!
Latest posts by Arshi (see all)
- 200 Most Attractive And Hot Guy Names That Women Love - August 23, 2017
- 50 Latest Mormon Baby Names For Boys And Girls With Meanings - May 19, 2017
- 15 Major Festivals Of India Your Kid Should Know - September 15, 2016
- 107 Festive Themed Christmas Baby Names For Boys And Girls - September 8, 2016
- 40 Valentine's Day Inspired Baby Names For Boys And Girls - May 31, 2016
- Top 25 Unicorn Coloring Pages For Toddlers - May 23, 2016
- 83 Popular Gender Neutral Or Unisex Baby Names - May 17, 2016
- 50 Terrific Baby Names That Mean Angel For Boys And Girls - May 16, 2016
- List Of 20 Best Schools In Jaipur - May 16, 2016
- 15 Top And Best Schools In Surat City - May 12, 2016