Breakup can be painful, especially when it was initiated without your consent. You feel betrayed, and it leaves you heartbroken. If you are looking for questions to ask your ex-boyfriend or girlfriend, this post is for you. Getting over the person you love and moving on with your life can be hard. Even after a breakup, you may contemplate what went wrong and even look for ways to get back with them. Many imagine themselves crossing paths with their ex and having an imaginary conversation with them, asking the questions that have been clouding their minds ever since the breakup. If you are finding yourself in the same situation, it means that you have unresolved feelings for your ex and have to do something about that before it starts taking a toll on your life. Hence, it can be helpful if you can have a conversation with your ex and sort things out once and for all. We bring you several questions to ask your ex. Asking these questions will give you much-needed clarity and help you in your healing path.
55 Questions To Ask Your Ex-Boyfriend Or Girlfriend
Before reconnecting with your ex, you need to first determine the exact reason why you want to talk to them and how it might help you.
Questions To Ask Yourself Before Getting Back With An Ex
- Why did I break up?
- Do I want him/her to get back? If yes, why?
- Am I sure I want him/her back, or is this just a temporary phase that I will overcome after some time?
- Have I spent a considerable amount of time away from him/her and still feel the same for him/her?
- Have I grown as a person since the break-up?
- Can I forgive and forget past mistakes?
- Do I hold any resentment against him/her?
- Will I be able to start afresh with him/her?
- Have I found the solutions to our past problems?
- Am I willing to make compromises?
- Am I prepared to do everything it takes to fix the issues that led to the break-up?
- How will my family and friends feel about this?
- What advice would I give to someone in a similar situation?
Questions To Ask Your Ex After A Break-up
Once you have the answers to all the questions above and feel you can give the relationship a second chance, you need to ensure you and your ex are on the same page. Here are a few questions you could ask them.
- Did you really feel that you loved me?
- Do you ever think about me? If yes, how often?
- Whenever you watch our favorite movies or songs, do they remind you of me?
- Do you remember how you first met me?
- What was it about me that made you fall for me?
- What did you find best about me?
- What did you dislike about me?
- Did you ever cheat on me? If yes, do you recall your motivations at the time? What do you think and feel about it now?
- When you think of it right now, do you regret the relationship didn’t work?
- What were some things you liked about me and the relationship?
- What was lacking in me and the relationship?
- Do you miss me and the relationship?
- Did you ever see a future with me?
- What’s your favorite memory of us together?
- I am wondering. Do you still have the things I gave you?
- If you could change something about the relationship, what would it be?
- Did the relationship change you in any way?
- Do you think you have changed since the break-up?
Questions To Ask Your Ex To Get Them Back
After your ex has answered the questions above, if you feel there is a chance of getting back together, try asking the following questions.
- Would you be open to getting back together?
- Do you still have feelings for me?
- What did you learn about yourself and us during our time apart?
- What would you have done differently to avoid our last separation?
- What do you wish I should have done differently the last time we were together?
- How good a girlfriend/boyfriend was I?
- What is your current impression of me?
- What do you miss most about our relationship?
- Of all things we did together, what do you remember the most?
- Are you willing to walk the extra mile to resolve our past problems?
- How compatible do you think we were in bed?
- What is your definition of an ideal relationship?
Questions To Ask Your Ex-Boyfriend Or Girlfriend To Get Closure
You deserve closure to move on peacefully. These questions might help you get the closure you are seeking.
- I often wonder if you have your own reasons that we should not be together – can you tell me about those?
- What do you think was responsible for the failure of our relationship?
- When did you realize we were done with the relationship?
- How did you feel in our relationship?
- How did you cope with the breakup?
- What did our relationship teach you?
- What are the good things you take away from our relationship?
- What about our relationship would you like to erase from your memory?
- Is there anything you haven’t said before and would like to tell me now?
- Do you want to ask me anything?
- What kind of relationship with me would you like to have in the future?
- Do you wish to stay connected as friends?
Breakups bring emotional turmoil that is often hard to handle. However, it is good to end a relationship that isn’t working well for you and your partner. Still, if you want your ex back, ask yourself why you want to revive a broken relationship. Once you get clarity and decide you are determined to give your relationship a second chance, use these questions to ask your ex-girlfriend or boyfriend their requirements and expectations. If you sense they are interested, work together towards a new beginning. Otherwise, these questions will help you get closure, which is necessary for mental peace.