Women are an unstoppable force when they are determined to achieve what’s on their minds. They are independent, confident, and wise but they can also be kind hearted, considerate, and compassionate. Late Ruth Bader Ginsburg once said, “Women belong in all places where decisions are being made. So, it shouldn’t be that women are the exception.” Many such good woman quotes celebrate and cherish the extraordinary influence women have on the lives around them.
This article explores some perfect good women quotes and sayings by various famous people.
121 Perfect Good Woman Quotes And Sayings
Here are some inspiring good women quotes and sayings to motivate you. Share these quotes with the women in your life who have inspired and influenced you.
Quotes Appreciating Women
Everyone loves to be appreciated, and those who put their heart into all they do deserve to be appreciated for their accomplishments.
- “As women, we have to start appreciating our own worth and each other’s worth. Seek out strong women to befriend, to align yourself with, to learn from, to collaborate with, to be inspired by, to support, and enlightened by.” – Madonna
- “Don’t be offended when they call you a fragile flower. Instead, weather the storms, reach for the sun, and show them the strength and determination it takes for flowers to truly grow.” – Nikita Gill
- “I’ve interviewed and portrayed people who’ve withstood some of the ugliest things life can throw at you, but the one quality all of them seem to share is an ability to maintain hope for a brighter morning, even during our darkest nights.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “Any woman who understands the problems of running a home will be nearer to understanding the problems of running a country.” – Margaret Thatcher
- “A woman is like a teabag – you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “The day will come when men will recognize woman as his peer, not only at the fireside, but in councils of the nation. Then, and not until then, will there be the perfect comradeship, the ideal union between the sexes that shall result in the highest development of the race.” – Susan B. Anthony
- “I think it takes a strong man to be in a relationship with a strong woman. A lot of people hear the word ‘diva’ and think of it as a negative. I see it as a positive. I want somebody who knows what they want out of life and isn’t afraid to show it.” – Nick Cannon
- “A strong woman builds her own world. She is one who is wise enough to know that it will attract the man she will gladly share it with.” – Ellen J. Barrier
- “The king may rule the kingdom, but it’s the queen who moves the board.” – D.M. Timney
- “Whatever women do, they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult.” – Charlotte Whitton
- “The best protection any woman can have… is courage.” – Elizabeth Cady Stanton
- “She made broken look beautiful and strong look invincible. She walked with the Universe on her shoulders and made it look like a pair of wings.” – Ariana Dancu
- “Just watch, all of you men. I’ll show you what a woman can do…I’ll go across the country, I’ll race to the Moon… I’ll never look back.” – Edna Gardner Whyte
- “I think God made a woman to be strong and not to be trampled under the feet of men. I’ve always felt this way because my mother was a very strong woman, without a husband.” – Little Richard
Special Woman Quotes
Women are strong and sensitive. They strive to be resilient in all circumstances. These quotes are from those who have endured much yet inspire many to face their challenges bravely.
- “Think like a queen. A queen is not afraid to fail. Failure is another steppingstone to greatness.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “I am a woman. I am smart. I have opinions. I have feelings. I care. I make a difference. I matter. I am a woman, and I am proud of who I am.” –Ananditha Krishna
- “You don’t have to play masculine to be a strong woman.” – Mary Elizabeth Winstead
- “The woman who follows the crowd will usually go on further than the crowd. The woman who walks alone is likely to find herself in places no one has ever been before.” – Albert Einstein
- “I would like to be known as an intelligent woman, a courageous woman, a loving woman, a woman who teaches by being.” – Maya Angelou
- “A strong woman understands that the gifts such as logic, decisiveness, and strength are just as feminine as intuition and emotional connection. She values and uses all of her gifts.” – Nancy Rathburn
- “Fearlessness is like a muscle. I know from my own life that the more I exercise it, the more natural it becomes to not let my fears run me.”– Arianna Huffington
- “You don’t have to be pretty. You don’t owe prettiness to anyone. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked ‘female.’” – Erin McKean
- “She wasn’t looking for a knight. She was looking for a sword.” – Atticus
- “Feminism isn’t about making women strong. Women are already strong. It’s about changing the way the world perceives that strength.” – G.D. Anderson
- “Some women fear the fire. Some women simply become it.” – R.H. Sin
- “Well-behaved women rarely make history.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “She’s everything; even when she’s treated like nothing.” –R.H. Sin
- “Every woman’s success should be an inspiration to another. We’re strongest when we cheer each other on.” – Serena Williams
Perfect Woman Quotes
Perfect women are not flawless, but they stand up for themselves and face all circumstances courageously. They are humble and caring yet tough enough to battle their own fears. So, if you are looking for some perfect woman quotes, your search is over.
- “I’ve been searching for ways to heal myself, and I’ve found that kindness is the best way.” – Lady Gaga
- “I raise up my voice – not so that I can shout, but so that those without a voice can be heard. We cannot all succeed when half of us are held back.” – Malala Yousafzai
- “I have chosen to no longer be apologetic for my femaleness and my femininity. And I want to be respected in all of my femaleness because I deserve to be.” – Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- “I just love bossy women. I could be around them all day. To me, bossy is not a pejorative term at all. It means somebody’s passionate and engaged and ambitious and doesn’t mind learning.” – Amy Poehler
- “If you’re one of those people who has that little voice in the back of her mind saying, ‘Maybe I could do [fill in the blank],’ don’t tell it to be quiet. Give it a little room to grow, and try to find an environment it can grow in.” – Reese Witherspoon
- “A really strong woman accepts the war she went through and is ennobled by her scars.” – Carly Simon
- 35. “Some people think that you have to be the loudest voice in the room to make a difference. That is just not true. Often, the best thing we can do is turn down the volume. When the sound is quieter, you can actually hear what someone else is saying. And that can make a world of difference.”– Nikki Haley
- “A strong woman builds her own world. She is one who is wise enough to know that it will attract the man she will gladly share it with.” – Ellen J. Barrier
- “A charming woman doesn’t follow the crowd; she is herself.” – Loretta Young
- “The thing women have yet to learn is nobody gives you power. You just take it.” – Roseanne Barr
- “The most alluring thing a woman can have is confidence.” – Beyonce
- “Do not live someone else’s life and someone else’s idea of what womanhood is. Womanhood is you.” – Viola Davis
- “I don’t know a woman alive who isn’t courageous.” – Reese Witherspoon
- “Some of us are becoming the men we wanted to marry.” – Gloria Steinem
Strong Woman Quotes
In society, a woman’s nurturing nature is often seen as a sign of softness, and she is not often considered an equal. However, a strong woman holds her ground and makes a space for herself. Here are some quotes for all those fearless women out there.
- “Strong women don’t play victim, don’t make themselves look pitiful, and don’t point fingers. They stand, and they deal.” – Mandy Hale
- “Each time a woman stands up for herself, she stands up for all women.” – Maya Angelou
- “A strong woman is a woman determined to do something others are determined not be done.” – Marge Piercy
- “A woman, even a brilliant woman, must have two qualities in order to fulfill her promise: more energy than mere mortals, and the ability to outwit her culture.” – Margaret Mead
- “I am a woman phenomenally. Phenomenal woman, that’s me.” – Maya Angelou
- “One of the best things that ever happened to me is that I’m a woman. That is the way all females should feel.” – Marilyn Monroe
- “I have learned over the years that when one’s mind is made up, this diminishes fear; knowing what must be done does away with fear.”– Rosa Parks
- “The most beautiful thing a woman can wear is confidence.”–Blake Lively
- “Women are the largest untapped reservoir of talent in the world.” – Hillary Clinton
- “There’s nothing a man can do that I can’t do better and in heels.” – Ginger Rogers
- “Women are the real architects of society.” – Cher
- “Women have discovered that they cannot rely on men’s chivalry to give them justice.” – Helen Keller
- “There is no force more powerful than a woman determined to rise.” – W.E.B. Dubois
- “In our society, the women who break down barriers are those who ignore limits” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
Qualities Of A Good Woman Quotes
A good woman has a strong personality, yet she is gentle at heart. She is reliable and dutiful. Such people are beautiful inside and out.
- “I can’t think of any better representation of beauty than someone who is unafraid to be herself.” – Emma Stone
- “A strong woman looks a challenge in the eye and gives it a wink.” – Gina Carey
- “A woman is the full circle. Within her is the power to create, nurture, and transform.” – Diane Mariechild
- “She was powerful not because she wasn’t scared but because she went on so strongly, despite the fear.” – Atticus
- “A good woman inspires a man, a brilliant woman interests him, a beautiful woman fascinates him, but a sympathetic woman gets him.” – Helen Rowland
- “A woman whose smile is open and whose expression is glad has a kind of beauty no matter what she wears.” – Anne Roiphe
- “And one day she discovered that she was fierce and strong, and full of fire and that not even she could hold herself back because her passion burned brighter than her fears.” – Mark Anthony
- “The best protection any woman can have is courage.” – Elizabeth Cady Stanton
- “Extremists have shown what frightens them most: A girl with a book.” – Malala Yousafzai
- “Where there is a woman, there is magic.” – Ntozake Shange
- “A girl should be two things: Who and what she wants.” – Coco Chanel
- “Girls should never be afraid to be smart.” – Emma Watson
- “Sometimes it’s the princess who kills the dragon and saves the prince.” – Samuel Lowe
- “I figure, if a girl wants to be a legend, she should go ahead and be one.” – Calamity Jane
Good-Hearted Woman Quotes
Good-hearted women have all the strength and patience in the world to gracefully face everything life throws in their way. They can also be generous and noble. Here are quotes on a good-hearted woman.
- “She wears strength and darkness equally well; the girl has always been half goddess, half hell.” – Nikita Gill
- “My mission in life is not merely to survive but to thrive and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.” – Maya Angelou
- “Of all blessings, no gift equals the gentle, trusting love and companionship of a good woman.” – Elbert Hubbard
- “I’ve always wanted to be a woman who isn’t afraid to tell her story.”– Andra Day
- “The beauty of a woman is not in a facial mode but the true beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It is the caring that she lovingly gives the passion that she shows. The beauty of a woman grows with the passing years.” – Audrey Hepburn
- “A pretty face gets old. A nice body will change. But a good woman will always be a good woman.” – Olubayo Adebiyi
- “A good woman comes in all shapes and colors. When you find her, adore her.” – Delano Johnson
- “No man succeeds without a good woman behind him. Wife or mother, if it is both, he is twice blessed indeed.” – Harold MacMillan
- “What is better than wisdom? Woman. And what is better than a good woman? Nothing.” – Geoffrey Chaucer
Definition Of A Good Woman Quotes
Though there is no perfect definition, a woman should be courageous, gentle, and loving and accept themself as they are.
- “Elegance must be the right combination of distinction, naturalness, care, and simplicity.” – Christian Dior
- “Dress shabbily, and they remember the dress. Dress impeccably, and they remember the woman.” – Coco Chanel
- “Elegance is the only beauty that never fades.” – Audrey Hepburn
- “One of the most courageous things you can do is identify yourself, know who you are, what you believe in, and where you want to go.” – Sheila Murray Bethel
- “A good woman is one who loves passionately, has guts, seriousness, and passionate convictions, takes responsibility, and shapes society.” – Betty Friedan
- “Every man needs a good woman! A woman that will push him to be great. A woman that will support him but also stop if he is going in the wrong direction. A woman he can count on and never count–out. Every man needs a good woman!” – Tony A Gaskins Jr
- “Above all, be the heroine of your life, not the victim.”– Nora Ephron
- “Cheating on a good woman is like choosing trash over treasure.” – Audrey Hepburn
- “Behind every good man, there’s a good woman reminding you I knew you when you didn’t have nothing.” – Coretta Scott King
- “A man is truly a man when he wins the love of a good woman, earns her respect, and keeps her trust. Until you can do that, you’re not a man.” – Gregory David Roberts
- “Most good women are hidden treasures who are only safe because nobody looks for them.” – Dorothy Parker
- “A handsome woman is a jewel; a good woman is a treasure.” – Saadi
- “A good woman’s arms around a man’s neck is a lifebelt thrown out to him from heaven.” – Jerome K. Jerome
- “A good woman is the loveliest flower that blooms under heaven; and we look with love and wonder upon its silent grace, its pure fragrance, its delicate bloom of beauty.” – William Makepeace Thackeray
Looking For A Good Woman Quotes
Mature, self-assured men look for certain qualities in a woman. He acknowledges that she is her own person and treats her like a partner, not a subordinate.
- “Only love of a good woman will make a man question every choice, every action. Only love makes a warrior hesitate for fear that his lady will find him cruel. Only love makes a man both the best he will ever be and the weakest, sometimes all in the same moment.” – Laurell K. Hamilton
- “If she’s worth it, you won’t give up. If you give up, you’re not worthy… Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for.” – Bob Marley
- “A man has to find a good woman, and when he finds her, he has to win her love. Then he has to earn her respect, then he has to cherish her trust, and then he has to, like, go on doing that for as long as they live… That’s what it’s all about.” – Gregory David Roberts.
- “There’s something special about a woman who dominates in a man’s world. It takes a certain grace, strength, intelligence, fearlessness, and the nerve to never take no for an answer.” – Rihanna
- “Only men who are not interested in women are interested in women’s clothes. Men who like women never notice what they wear.” – Anatole France
- “Marry a good woman, and be happy the rest of your life. Or, marry a bad, and become a good philosopher.” – Socrates
- “If I were a girl, I’d despair. The supply of good women far exceeds that of the men who deserve them.”– Robert Graves
- “There are more good women in the world than there are men worthy of them!” – Margaret Way
- “What men owe to the love and help of good women can never be told.” – Calvin Coolidge
- “We frequently find that the influence of good women is underrated. It is an influence that is often subtle but yet has tremendous consequences. One woman can make a great difference for a whole nation.” – James E. Faust
- “A good woman is a hidden treasure; who discovers her will do well not to boast about it.” – Francois de La Rochefoucauld
- “You cannot become great women if you are not also good women. Great women respond generously to their instincts to do good.” – James E. Faust
- “Honor a good woman because she is virtuous and honorable.” – Delano Johnson
- “Good women always think it is their fault when someone else is being offensive.Bad women never take the blame for anything.” – Anita Brookner
- “I have thought a sufficient measure of civilization is the influence of good women.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Sayings About A Good Woman
A good woman is difficult to define but easy to recognize. She is honest and respectful. Share these sayings with women who have inspired you to be who you are today.
- “If you want something said, ask a man; if you want something done, ask a woman.” – Margaret Thatcher
- “A woman with a voice is, by definition, a strong woman. But the search to find that voice can be remarkably difficult.” – Melinda Gates
- “I wonder why guys mistreat and disrespect girls. But then they expect life to hand them a good woman when they’re older and ready to settle down?” – Angelina Jolie
- “Your woman knows your weaknesses better than anybody… Her gift, if she is a good woman, is to test you with her darkest moods, over and over and over, until your consciousness is unperturbed by feminine challenge, and you are able to pervade her with your love, just as you are here to pervade the world.” – David Deida
- “There is no limit to what we, as women, can accomplish.” – Michelle Obama
- “We need women at all levels, including the top, to change the dynamic, reshape the conversation, to make sure women’s voices are heard and heeded, not overlooked and ignored.” – Sheryl Sandberg
- “We need to reshape our own perception of how we view ourselves. We have to step up as women and take the lead.” –Beyoncé
- “The path of a good woman is indeed strewn with flowers; but they rise behind her steps, not before them.” – John Ruskin
- “To be married to a good woman is to live with tender surprise.” – Norman Mailer
- “Beauty fades and the body becomes old, but nothing can dull the shine of a woman with a good heart.”– Shannon L. Alder
- “One good woman more in the world is worth every single unicorn gone.” – Peter S. Beagle
- “Best thing that can happen to a man is a good woman.” – Dean Koontz
- “The woman who doesn’t require validation from anyone is the most feared individual on the planet.” – Mohadesa Najumi
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How can these quotes promote gender equality and respect for women?
Quotes alone cannot promote gender equality and respect for women. Promoting education and jobs for women, removing the gender pay gap, practicing work-life balance, and allowing women to step into diverse fields can help promote gender equality.
2. How can these quotes inspire and empower women to reach their full potential?
Quotes can inspire by giving one hope during challenging times. They can also teach one to thrive and motivate one to work hard to achieve their goals.
3. What are some commonly recognized qualities of a good woman?
Cultural, personal, and traditional factors determine one’s definition of a ‘good woman.’ Generally, kindness, empathy, confession, honesty, resilience, wisdom, intelligence, independence, empowerment, courage, thoughtfulness, adaptability, and assertiveness are some of the popular good qualities in a woman.
4. Can these qualities be learned or developed over time?
The qualities typically associated with being a “good woman” are subjective and can vary depending on cultural, societal, and personal perspectives. However, many positive qualities can generally be learned or developed over time, regardless of gender.
5. How to become a great woman?
Define what greatness means to you and set clear, achievable goals that align with your values and aspirations. Break down your goals into smaller steps and work consistently towards them. Pursue formal or informal education and seek opportunities to expand your knowledge and expertise in areas that interest you. Believe in yourself and your abilities, and cultivate emotional intelligence by effectively understanding and managing your emotions.
6. Are there any challenges that women face when trying to embody these qualities?
Women may face biases and stereotypes that limit their opportunities or create barriers. The underrepresentation of women in certain fields, leadership positions, or traditionally male-dominated industries can be a significant challenge, too. Women may face limited access to resources, including educational opportunities, financial capital, networking connections, and mentorship. This lack of access can hinder their ability to develop and showcase the qualities necessary for success.
Infographic: Motivational Quotes About Women To Inspire Them
A simple quote that resonates with one’s feelings can be a great source of inspiration and serve as a catalyst to achieve something. So, share this infographic on strong women quotes with the women in your life to ignite the strength within them. You can also ask them to take a printout of it and stick it to their wall.
Earlier, women were not treated on par with men but had to fight for equal rights. Now, more women can reach powerful positions in various fields with their grit and determination. They are wise and gracious. Such strong women have the ability to influence others. Share these quotes and sayings with the strong women in your life to let them know you cherish and respect them.
Delve into a compilation of powerful quotes celebrating the qualities of a good woman. Discover wisdom, strength, and inspiration that resonates with the essence of being a remarkable woman.