Some people wait for ages to meet their special person. Though finding true love is an amazing feeling, it is even more incredible when you get it after waiting and struggling for months and years together. Our collection of quotes on waiting for love can make you feel nostalgic.
If you are longing to meet the romance of your life, our waiting quotes for love can boost you to keep going. You may even share them with your significant other to express your emotions.
101 Quotes On Waiting For Love
- “Sometimes waiting is the hardest thing of all.” ―Luanne Rice
- “If you are not too long, I will wait here for you all my life.” ―Oscar Wilde
- “If I am really a part of your dream, you’ll come back one day.” ―Paulo Coelho
- “I have enough patience to wait for the fulfillment of my wishes.” ―Lailah Gifty Akita
- “If you find someone you love in your life, then hang on to that love.” —Princess Diana
- “Trust the almighty. He’ll open up the right door at the right time” ―Sophieya
- “Don’t rush into love. You’ll find the person meant for you when you least expect it.”―FranzieGubatina
- “Two souls with but a single thought, two hearts that beat as one.” ―John Keats
- “Waiting is the rust of the soul.” ―Carlos Ruiz Zafon
- “There is no great achievement that is not the result of patient working and waiting.” ―J. G. Holland
- “How much of human life is lost in waiting.” ―Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “We all have many great loves but to find a soul mate, is the ultimate conquest.” ―Marni S. Feldman
- “Good things come to those who wait, Better things come to those who try.” ―Nishan Panwar
- “Some wishes are only there to teach us how to wait.” ―Mandy Hale
- “All things come to him who waits- provided he knows what he is waiting for.” ―Woodrow Wilson
- “If we’re waiting for the most convenient time to say I love you, we may never find one.” ―Terry Mark
- “I’ve learned that waiting is the most difficult bit, and I want to get used to the feeling, knowing that you’re with me, even when you’re not by my side.” ―Paulo Coelho
- “The course of true love never did run smooth.” ―William Shakespeare
- Delay is a bitter tonic, but it increases appetite. ―Austin O’Malley
- “The stretching of your faith is immediate pain that results in ultimate gain. It is in the waiting that we become who we are meant to be.” ―Mandy Hale
- “You have to give it a love shot somehow.” ―Abdul’Rauf Hashmi
- “My longing to find love did not make me lose my sense of reason or perspective.” ―Bell Hooks
- “Time is the best teacher; patience is the best lesson.” ―Ernest Agyemang Yeboah
- “Patience is not simply the ability to wait – it’s how we behave while we’re waiting.” ―Joyce Meyer
- “I will wait for you as long as it takes. I will love you every moment across time.”―Lauren Kate
- “I was made and meant to look for you and wait for you and become yours forever.” ―Robert Browning
- “If you can’t ignore imperfections, then your imaginary ideal soulmate will always remain pending till you grow old and die.” ―Michael Bassey Johnson
- “I spent my early 20’s, searching for love without knowing what I was actually in search of” ―R.H. Sin
- “Love me or step aside so another person can.” ―Agnes Bonas
- “I might have to wait; I’ll never give up. I guess its half timing and the other half’s luck. Wherever you are, whenever it’s right. You’ll come out of nowhere and into my life”―Micheal Bubble
- “How many more days will you wait for that clink. That you’ll cross her mind and she’ll finally see? People don’t think of people as much as we think, but we think of people, so which people are we?”―Karl Kristian Flores
- “Waiting is painful. Forgetting is painful. But not knowing which to do is the worst kind of suffering.” ―Paulo Coelho
- “The right person will come, once you have suffered enough to deserve her.” ―Juvenal Lopez
- “I have died everyday waiting for you. Darling don’t be afraid. I have loved you for a thousand years. I’ll love you a thousand more.” ―Christina Perri
- “You can’t force someone to care, you can only sit and wait till everything catches up to them and when it finally does maybe then they’ll realize what they lost.” ―Nishan Panwar
- Our willingness to wait reveals the value we place on what we’re waiting for. ―Charles Stanley
- “There are people out there who are waiting to meet you. Waiting to love you. You have to stick around for them.” ―Benedict Smith
- “Waiting is a trap. There will always be reasons to wait. The truth is, there are only two things in life, reasons and results, and reasons simply don’t count.” ―Dr. Robert AnthonyKreucher
- “Love is everything it’s cracked up to be It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for.” ―Erica Jong
- “People count up the faults of those who keep them waiting” ―French Proverb
- “We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” ―Joseph Campbell
- “Whatever we are waiting for — peace of mind, contentment, grace, the inner awareness of simple abundance — it will surely come to us, but only when we are ready to receive it with an open and grateful heart.” ―Sarah Ban Breathnach
- “Arguably one of the most difficult concepts in life for us to grasp is the art of waiting patiently.” ―Mandy Hale
- “When one pine and yearned for love, then it’s good to pray to our lord above. Both God and love are needed that one may be bound, as we try to make the mind very sound.” ―Hubert Winston Anderson
- “Your love made it all worth waiting for someone like you.” ―Dean Martin
- “Always and forever, each moment with you just like a dream to me that somehow came true.” ―Gabrielle Moore
- “Women often feel we are in a constant state of yearning, wanting to love but not receiving it.” ―Bell Hooks
- “We don’t need anything but ourselves yet we want more when we find the right one.” ― Marni S. Feldman
- “To say that one waits a lifetime for his soulmate to come around is a paradox. People eventually get sick of waiting, take a chance on someone, and by the art of commitment become soulmates, which takes a lifetime to perfect.”―Criss Jami
- “Sometimes, the moments spent in waiting for something are even more important than the moment something actually happens.” ―Mandy Hale
- “Feeling un-steady and needing something. So right in your ears, maybe, bells are ringing. In words of love sounds so sweet which give the heart many extra beat.” ―Hubert Winston Anderson
- “One of the biggest reasons why I stayed single for so long is because I was waiting for Ms. Right to come and surprise me.” ―Unknown
- “Sometimes, it’s best to just stay tight and wait for the love of your life to finally come.” ―Unknown
- “I had waited all these years for the right time to say the three magical words; maybe the persistence results in a positive response.” ―Unknown
- “You just have to wait to receive true happiness in your love life; trust the fact.” ―Unknown
- “Wait for the right moment, and the right person will make things a whole lot happier but at the right time.” ―Unknown
- “You have to wait in love because your heart needs to judge the person closely, as maybe it’s not the love of your life.” ―Unknown
- “I have waited a long time to hear from you, now that you are back in town. I just want to hold you in my arms.” ―Unknown
- “True love changes everything when time nurtures relationships. Now it’s the right moment to cherish true love.” ―Unknown
- “I want to tell you how difficult it was waiting for you, my love. Now when you are here, please make me forever yours.” ―Unknown
- “It’s good if we wait for some moment before we exchange our hearts. I have plans to indulge in romance before we become each other’s forever.” ―Unknown
- “Waiting can be difficult when loving someone deeply; you need to wait for the right moment to know that it is really a true feeling.” ―Unknown
- “If she has waited all these years just to hear from you, then my dear friend, she’s a gem; never let her go away.” ―Unknown
- “I hardly care if you can wait for me, or you can’t. I know exactly how to get you by hook or crook.” ―Unknown
- “True love happens at first sight and ends after waiting for long years to admit it confidently.” ―Unknown
- “I will wait for you because I have loved you from the bottom of my heart because God created you just for me.” ―Unknown
- “Will you admit that you love me? Or I need to wait for another year to hear a yes from you.” ―Unknown
- “I have waited for you every day, waited for every sunrise and sunset. Where are you, my true love? See, I am so lost without you.” ―Unknown
- “I should have waited for a couple of more days and surprised you with Valentine’s gift. But I can’t wait too long to celebrate Valentine’s every day.” ―Unknown
- “True love appreciates waiting and rewards the lover with eternal love.” ―Unknown
- “I don’t want to wait for more years to propose to you. Your steadfastness and loyalty have shown me that you are the one I want to spend the rest of my life with. I can’t see you slipping away with someone else, so here I say, I love you.” ―Unknown
- “I had always been in your heart, waiting for you to hear my heartbeat. Did you ever notice something in your heart?” ―Unknown
- “I wish to hold you; I wish to kiss you; I wish to see you without waiting for your office hours to end.” ―Unknown
- “The perfect moment is when you get a surprise after waiting for your lover to confess secret feelings.” ―Unknown
- “Waiting needs patience, and with patience comes the art to achieve desires.” ―Unknown
- “Waiting for years just to hear I love you can test one’s devotion. Maybe now, he knows just how much I love him.” ―Unknown
- “There’s no point in waiting for the right person when you already have him sitting behind.” ―Unknown
- “Why wait in anticipation for the day that he will return back. Sometimes moving on is a better choice.” ―Unknown
- “Wait for five years, and you will find my love and devotion are still the same. I will love you forever, and you need to believe this fact.” ―Unknown
- “Art of waiting is great; if you wait, you get the fruit. I am waiting for you, as you are my precious.” ―Unknown
- “God has the best plans for the best people who know how to wait for true love, the ones who are patient and always generous.” ―Unknown
- “When the right time arrives, you will find the perfect person, a soulmate to commit forever love.” ―Unknown
- “If you choose to wait for the right time, true love will surely meet you and fill your life with happiness.” ―Unknown
- “Even if things were different, I would have still waited for you. I am so much in love with you that I am willing to make sacrifices and wait for years just to be with you..” ―Unknown
- “I have been marking every day on the calendar to keep a check for how long I can wait for your return. Do you wish to see the calendar I am marking?” ―Unknown
- “The thoughts about seeing you are now making me dream of you. Please come to me soon, and I think I can’t wait so long to see you.” ―Unknown
- “Darling, I have waited 1000 years for you. This is the secret I wanted to tell you, and now you are aware of my secret”. ―Unknown
- “I don’t believe in waiting for love; I feel afraid and shocked that the fire would burn too fast and die.” ―Unknown
- “If you get eager for love, you will only get hurt. It is best to wait if you need love to stay forever.” ―Unknown
- “Wait for the perfect person; even if you don’t like waiting, having fortitude and waiting for the right moment will be worth it when you see the magic of finding the one who is truly meant for you.” ―Unknown
- “Tell me to wait in love, and I swear I will wait for the one and only who dwells in my heart. Maybe my dedication and confidence to wait in love makes her mine forever.” ―Unknown
- “If you deserve true love, you need to value it by waiting for the right time to come and surprise you.” ―Unknown
- “I have waited long years for love, I went through all the sadness and pain, but I never forgot you.” ―Unknown
- “I can wait for you 365 days, just hearing your favorite songs on repeat every day.” ―Unknown
- “I feel crazy after years of waiting, I just kept waiting, and she got married to some other guy.” ―Unknown
- “I confess, I have waited long for your love. Now when you are mine, just let your eyes only see me.” ―Unknown
- “Even if you are a discreet gentleman, you still need to develop a habit of waiting for the right love to truly bless your life.” ―Unknown
- “There is a reason why wise men say that you need to wait instead of meeting the wrong person; you always find the hidden feelings emerge after some time.” ―Unknown
- “The day you start realizing that waiting for love is the best decision. From that day on, you start developing the patience to achieve objectives in life.” ―Unknown
- “If you ever feel confused in life, you should wait for some time and make the right move at the right time.” ―Unknown
- “In the real world, waiting for the right person is everyone’s destiny. So, wait until the stars are aligned in your favor.” ―Unknown
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why do people find comfort and inspiration in quotes about waiting for love?
People often find comfort and inspiration in quotes about waiting for love, as many have experienced the longing and anticipation for love at some point. Such quotes make them feel understood and less lonely. Moreover, these quotes provide a positive outlook and motivate individuals to maintain their faith and patience.
2. What are some cultural or historical reasons that quotes about waiting for love resonate with people?
Quotes about waiting for love may seem universally relatable, as throughout history, art and literature people have romanticized the idea of waiting for ‘the one.’ Classic tales like ‘Romeo and Juliet’ and ‘Pride and Prejudice’ regularly depict characters awaiting their true love, thus creating a narrative passed down across generations (3) (4). Moreover, certain cultures value traditional practices involving waiting, such as an arranged marriage, that mandate the passage of time before a relationship is formalized.
3. What are some key themes commonly found in quotes about waiting for love?
Quotes about waiting for love encompass various perspectives and emotions, connecting with individuals from diverse backgrounds and experiences. For instance, many quotes value the virtues of endurance and patience. They emphasize that waiting for the perfect partner requires a willingness to wait for the right time and person. These quotes also convey optimism and hope, highlighting that waiting for love is worthwhile.
4. What are some psychological aspects to consider in the way people relate to quotes about waiting for love?
Quotes about waiting for love tap into individuals’ emotions, reflecting their hope, anticipation, and longing. People are drawn to these quotes because they match and acknowledge their feelings. These quotes can also help us deal with the emotional difficulties of waiting for the right person. Additionally, they offer a break from reality, letting one be fully immersed in the emotions of the quote.
5. How do quotes about waiting for love convey the universal human desire for companionship and connection?
Loneliness feels like an emptiness deep inside, and everyone goes through it. To overcome this feeling, we all require emotional connections and companionship, which are essential human needs. These quotes about waiting for love remind us of this natural need and how important relationships are in our lives.
Meeting a person who loves you selflessly is a true blessing in life. Every person wishes to find that love and stay with them forever. However, not many people successfully find the joy of true love immediately. Some have to wait for years before meeting someone special who makes them feel alive and loved. However, this phase of waiting may become emotionally draining. Reading quotes on waiting for love may provide you solace in these discouraging times. The empowering words of these wait quotes on love can enable you to trust your bright future and gain the courage to wait with hope.
Infographic: Songs About Waiting For Love
Love will always find you at the right time. But waiting for that right time while not knowing how sooner or later it will arrive might make one anxious. To help you keep your hopes up, we have prepared a list of love songs about waiting for the right person to come along and showering them with your love. We hope that you will be able to relate to these songs and believe that you will find love soon.
- “It’s Destiny!” Most Americans Believe in Soul Mates; Marist Institute for Public Opinion
- Neuroimaging of Love: fMRI Meta-Analysis Evidence toward New Perspectives in Sexual Medicine; The Journal of Sexual Medicine
- Romeo and Juliet.
- Historical Context of Pride and Prejudice.