A child’s mind is extremely impressionable, and whatever you say or do leaves a lasting imprint on their mind. This post includes a list of quotes for preschoolers that could work as words of encouragement for them and go a long way in shaping their lives and your relationship with them.
It is important to teach children with love and care. So, these quotes can provide them with the morale boost they need. Keep reading this post and select a few quotes that you could share with your preschooler.
Preschool Inspirational Quotes
Here are some inspirational quotes to motivate your young little champ and make them look forward to the new life ahead of them.
- “Play is the highest form of research.” —Albert Einstein
- “Teaching is not about answering questions but about raising questions – opening doors for them in places that they could not imagine.” —Yawar Baig
- “Children see magic because they look for it.” —Chirstopher Moore.
- “Old men can make war, but it is children who will make history.” —Ray Merritt
- “I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.” —Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “The soul is healed by being with children.” —Fyodor Dostoyevsky
- “Children are a heritage from the LORD, offspring a reward from him.” —Psalms 127:3
- “Every child you encounter is a divine appointment.” —Wess Stafford
- “Children are like wet cement: whatever falls on them makes an impression.” —Haim Ginott
- “Children have never been very good at listening to their elders, but they have never failed to imitate them.” —James Baldwin
- “The best way to make children good is to make them happy.” —Oscar Wilde
- “If you can dream it, you can do it.” —Walt Disney
- “Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.” —Samuel Beckett
- “It seems impossible until it’s done.” —Nelson Mandela
- “Children are likely to live up to what you believe in them.” —Lady Bird Johnson
- “Remember you’re the one who can fill the world with sunshine.” —Snow White
Preschool Quotes About Learning
Prep your adorable munchkin for school with these preschool quotes about learning.
- “You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” —Christopher Robin
- “Children must be taught how to think, not what to think.” —Margaret Mead
- “An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.” —Benjamin Franklin
- “Each day of our lives we make deposits in the memory banks of our children.” —Charles R. Swindoll
- “Learning is not attained by chance; it must be sought for with ardor and diligence.” —Abigail Adams
- “Children need models rather than critics.” —Joseph Joubert
- “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” —Nelson Mandela
- “Children are great imitators. So, give them something great to imitate.” —Anonymous
- “Now, think of the happiest things. It’s the same as having wings.”—Peter Pan
- “Develop a passion for learning. If you do, you will never cease to grow.” —Anthony J. D’Angelo
- “Play is often talked about as if it were a relief from serious learning. But for children, play is serious learning. Play is really the work of childhood.” —Fred Rogers
- “Education is the movement from darkness to light.” —Allan Bloom
- “Today is a good day to try.” —Quasimodo
- “Learning never exhausts the mind.” —Leonardo da Vinci
Funny Preschool Quotes
Children learn better in a joyous, fun-filled environment. Do you agree? Share these funny preschool quotes with your child.
- “A smile is happiness you’ll find right under your nose.” —Tom Wilson
- “No one is perfect – that’s why pencils have erasers.” —Wolfgang Riebe.
- “A child is a curly dimpled lunatic.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Never follow anyone else’s path. Unless you’re in the woods and you’re lost, and you see a path. Then by all means follow that path.” —Ellen DeGeneres.
- “So please, oh please, we beg, we pray. Go throw your TV set away! And in its place, you can install a lovely bookshelf on the wall.” —Roald Dahl
- “Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.” —Dalai Lama.
- “Be awesome! Be a book nut!” —Dr. Seuss.
- “Have you any idea how many children it takes to turn off one light in the kitchen? Three. It takes one to say, ‘What light?’ and two more to say, ‘I didn’t turn it on’.” —Erma Bombeck.
- “If you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything at all.” —Thumper, ‘Bambi.’
- “You can drag my body to school but my spirit refuses to go.” —Bill Watterson
- “As long as teachers give tests, there will always be prayer in schools.” —Unknown
- “When your mother asks, ‘Do you want a piece of advice?’ it’s a mere formality. It doesn’t matter if you answer yes or no. You’re going to get it anyway.” —Erma Bombeck.
- “Good words are worth much and cost little.” —George Herbert.
- “Row, row, row your boat. Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, life is but a dream.” —Alice Munroe.
- “School means work, and work means death. Let’s all go take a nap.” —Emma Shannon
Preschool Friendship Quotes
Preschool may be the first place where your child would make new friends. Here are some friendship quotes for preschoolers to encourage them to meet their lifelong buddies.
- “A friend is like an oreo, it’s not always that great, but it always gets better!” —Erin Westbrook.
- “Friendship is the only cement that will ever hold the world together.” —Woodrow T. Wilson.
- “Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends with them?” —Abraham Lincoln
- “What is a friend? A single soul dwelling in two bodies.” —Aristotle
- “The only way to have a friend is to be one.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson.
- “A friend in need is a friend indeed.” —Latin Proverb.
- “There is nothing on this earth more to be prized than true friendship.” —Thomas Aquinas.
- “Friends are relatives you make for yourself.” —Eustache Deschamps.
- “Things are never quite scary when you’ve got a best friend.” —Bill Watterson.
While most children are excited for their all-new adventure at school, some tend to get anxious on their first day. It is normal to worry as a parent. These first-day-of-school quotes can help prepare your little child for school and the adventures that lie ahead.
- “Today is the first day of the rest of your life.” —Charles Dederich
- “You’re off to great places. Today is your first day! Your mountain is waiting, so get on your way!” —Dr. Seuss
- “Describing her first day back in grade school after a long absence, a teacher said, It was like trying to hold 35 corks underwater at the same time.” —Mark Twain
- “Work hard, nap hard.” —Demi Lovato
- “Sign on a high school bulletin board in Dallas: Free every Monday through Friday: knowledge. Bring your own containers.” —E.C. McKenzie
- “The first step towards achieving a good education is going to school.” —Anonymous
Sharing these quotes for preschoolers with your little one will help you give them encouragement and also boost their confidence. You always want to give the best possible life to your child and ensure that they are confident enough to make their own choices and decisions. Sharing these positive words and quotes with your little ones from an early age will help you empower them and enable them to reach new heights. You could also show them inspiring short stories or movies to help them understand better.
Infographic: Great Quotes About Friendship For Young Kids
Friends are important in every stage of life. Now that your child has begun their journey in the real world through preschool and started meeting their peers, teaching them about friendship is essential. Keep these friendship quotes in this infographic handy to help your child(ren) learn about friendship and cherish the beautiful bond.