- 10 Interesting Shell Coloring Pages For Your Little Ones
- Top 10 Beach Ball Coloring Pages For Your Toddler
- Top 10 Interesting Beach Coloring Pages For Your Little Ones
- 10 Colorful Rainbow Coloring Pages For Your Little Ones
Rain is something that fascinates most children, irrespective of their age. The sheer crystal clear water droplets falling from the sky, the ever changing colors of the clouds, the sound of thunder and lightning, the enigmatic rainbow – all add drama and suspense in the mind of a child regarding rain.
How about adding a dash of colors to the monsoon season? Here is something fun for you and child.
Top 10 Rain Coloring Pages For Preschoolers
The compilation of these rain pictures to color helps you and your child spend a lovely rainy day at home. It also adds to the activity list in a preschool or kindergarten. So, sing along “I hear thunder” and “pitter patter rain drops” and help your children welcome the rains with these rain coloring sheets.
What causes rain? Clouds. This simple picture can help your child understand the cycle of rain slowly.
- It depicts a cloud with a smiley face. Two more clouds are added and different shades of grey can be played with in this picture to show the intensity.
- A child can easily see a cloud in the sky and identify with it.
[ Read: Rainbow Coloring Pages ]
2. Cloud With Rain:
This picture again has a smiley face that all children enjoy. Its simple curves can help a novice painter skill well.
- It shows droplets of rain falling from a rain bearing cloud and accumulating at the base.
- Children can be taught how rain water is collected hence in lakes and ponds.
What follows after the first few drops of rain are thunder and lightning!
- Children can be extremely scared of the sound of thunder and yet be fascinated with the light it reflects.
- It’s an interesting phenomenon for them to understand how clouds rub against each other to produce so.
[ Read: House Coloring Pages ]
4. Girl With An Umbrella:
The image depicts the picture of a girl perturbed in rain running away to safety.
- During rain, we carry umbrella and raincoat. The picture shows the girl doing exactly so. She is shown wearing rain boots too.
- This picture makes it easy to understand the props required to fight monsoon.
5. Rainbow And The Rain:
The picture depicts a beautiful rainbow in the horizon after the showers.
- Rainbow consists of seven colors and it also shows how ducks and other water creatures are extremely happy after the showers.
- Children will find it interesting to color with so many color options.
[ Read: Beach Coloring Pages ]
6. Cricket Under An Umbrella:
The picture depicts the favorite character Phillip from “Maya the Bee” series.
- Philip the cricket is shown to take refuge under a big mushroom to escape the rains.
- Monsoon is also a time for mushrooms and crickets to feel happy and sing in the bushes. Children can color Phillip as they please and increase their creative skills.
[ Read: Fish Coloring Pages ]
7. A Boy In A Boat:
The picture depicts the image of a boy in rain in a boat.
- Children can be told how difficult and dangerous it is to go rowing in rain.
- The children can color the picture as per creativity.
8. A Child Splashing Water In Rain:
The picture depicts a child splashing water with an umbrella in hand and wearing a raincoat. These are the rain gears and a child will understand its usage coloring this picture.
- One thing children love doing in monsoons is splashing water in puddles created in rain.
- Children will love to color this picture as they will identify this act very well.
9. Girl With An Umbrella Fighting The Winds:
Picture depicts a girl fighting to keep her umbrella straight in rain and standing in pool of water. She too is wearing rain boots which is common to wear in rains.
- There are also tulips on the ground which has stooped down with the downpour of the rains.
- Rain is accompanied by wind. This picture will help a child color its imagination about the concept of a windy and gusty rain.
10. Planting Of New Trees In Rains:
The picture is slightly for the older children. It shows a girl standing with an umbrella and others planting new saplings in rain.
- Our earth needs new trees, so planting saplings during the monsoons can aid in their growth.
- This will help Mother Earth to get drenched in the rains, which is beneficial for the growth of the trees.
[ Read: Four Leaf Clover Coloring Pages ]
We hope you and your child had fun with these free printable rain coloring pages! Rainy season is always welcome by children as they get to play with their paper boats and wear their favorite rain gears. Compiling a rain coloring book with will only help the child to understand rains better.
Do share your rainy day thoughts with these rain coloring pages online in the section below!